Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by chi chi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:45 AM
Find More Posts by chi chi
Discussion

Thank You Knolan ! Night vapor rescue..

3rd Lipo battery inserted. Elevator...check, rudder...check, throttle...check. I give it a toss with a bit of throttle, my night vapor gracefully hugs the night air. Tottaly satisfied with tonights flight. Reached between 200-300 in altitude and managed several awesome loops in dead calm seattle night sky. 11:40 pm and its brisk so i decide to bring it in....then I decided just ONE more turn around flight. And as I was comingin back in, I came too close to the high power line. Now my night vapor is hanging by the tail, LED's are brightly shining. A new reality sinks in .."that cost me 130 bucks".

YUP. I did it. managed to get it caught on the powerline. So I called the power company. I "cautiously" reported to the phone opperator that an RC Plane was stuck on the power line at this address. The phone opperator slowly said, "is this YOUR RC plane"? I paused "y e e s ss". I then began to appologize for flying too close to the powerline. He stopped me and began to say that if a crew were available to come and take it down, would I be there to recieve the RC plane or they can just drop it off at my house. I said that i would be waiting for them. I began to thank the phone opperator for dispatching a crew to MY house and save my Night vapor. He said, "Thank you for the entertainment value for the night, I've never heard of such a problem before", have a good night".

20 minutes later, the utlility company showns up a little after midnight with flashing orange lights lighting up the whole neighborhood and 2 men were hard at work with my tax dollars. One in the cab calling my cell phone and the other inside the boom 30+ feet in the air with massive gloves on. gently unhooking my night vapor from the wire and then proceed to lower himself in the boom. I approched him and he handed me my RC Plane. I thanked him and asked for his name, he said, "Knolan".

Last time i called the power company for help was when I was about 10 years old. My kite managed to perform several loops around the power line and I called the power to help get my kite down. They were out there ASAP!! I was brought right back to my childhood rescue days!! I LOVE THE POWER COMPANY!!! soo awesome......
Last edited by chi chi; Apr 25, 2012 at 03:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts