Sep 11, 2012, 08:04 PM

One more video

Another video. Hard to tell, but I'm putting the wood to it for the first 2 min.
ZephyrEl (3 min 34 sec)

Kevin
Last edited by kmdunnster; Sep 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2012, 06:40 AM
.--troll-o-copter--.
Hi fellas,

I'm about to order a Zephyr. I'm started wading through this thread but I need to hit 'buy' quickly before I come to my senses and realise I don't need another plane!

Could someone tell me:

Which battery should I get that will perform well, balance the CoG without adding extra weights and fit in the fuse without too much hassle?

Is the wings breaking on landing a huge problem as reported in the reviews? Do I need extra skids or something else to combat this?

Thanks again, guys. I will read the thread properly but I want to order before I back out or stock runs out.

Sep 13, 2012, 08:34 AM
.--troll-o-copter--.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoxache
Hi fellas,

I'm about to order a Zephyr. I'm started wading through this thread but I need to hit 'buy' quickly before I come to my senses and realise I don't need another plane!

Could someone tell me:

Which battery should I get that will perform well, balance the CoG without adding extra weights and fit in the fuse without too much hassle?

Is the wings breaking on landing a huge problem as reported in the reviews? Do I need extra skids or something else to combat this?

Thanks again, guys. I will read the thread properly but I want to order before I back out or stock runs out.

I think I'm gonna go with this:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9953

That sound okay to you guys?
Sep 13, 2012, 08:37 AM
Thermal Hunter
Quote:
I think I'm gonna go with this:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9953

That sound okay to you guys?

Here is what I use.....

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=24644
Sep 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
.--troll-o-copter--.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel
Thanks! Does it fit in the hatch easily enough?

It's out of stock at the moment but the stats and dimensions are still really useful.
Sep 13, 2012, 09:34 AM
Thermal Hunter
Quote:

It's out of stock at the moment but the stats and dimensions are still really useful.
Yes on edge.. see post #1260 for pic ...from kmdunnster

I though still added 1.5 to 2.0 oz of lead in the nose for Proper CG
Sep 13, 2012, 01:48 PM
.--troll-o-copter--.
Quote:

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!
Sep 13, 2012, 05:27 PM
j j
j j
iam a bout to buy a zephyr do you know anything on what typ of wind can it handle
Sep 13, 2012, 05:47 PM
Suspended Account
It's not a floater, it's fairly fast for what it is. I've flown mine in over 20 kph winds. It could have handled much more.
Sep 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:

Post #637 I posted back in June still sums up this airplane(I think) for me . I've been using that setup for a few months now with NO extra weight added.100+ flights and still flys like the day I got it
Kevin
Last edited by kmdunnster; Sep 13, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Sep 13, 2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j j
iam a bout to buy a zephyr do you know anything on what typ of wind can it handle
I had mine up once in a 30km breeze. I find it doesnt just bounce about, but gets some un-nerving twisting going on with wings as you bank cross wind coming about. Perhaps because its moving pretty quick. Penetration is not an issue as it will slice through easily upwind, and down wind you have to be careful not to over speed into a wing flutter. I agree with Xviper in that 20km and below is the Zephyr's happy place. Very few of my foamy's can deal with much more than 20km/hr winds anyhow so its not really a failing on the Zephyr's part.

Mick
Sep 13, 2012, 08:48 PM
Thermal Hunter
Yes In a full power dive heading downwind

I had some of that wing flutter...scared the

out of me . and I'm only using a 3 cell
Sep 14, 2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
Balance will depend on the size (mah) of the battery you use (3s, 4s, doesn't matter). The stock recommended battery (3s, 3300 mah) balances the plane perfectly and is already a tight fit. Going higher mah will make it nose heavy.
Search this thread. There's a couple of guys who have routinely run 4s without other mods and seem to do fine and not burn anything out. If you don't go full throttle, you won't overtax the ESC and motor anyway.
I have an X8 wing that runs perfectly on 3s. When I put in 4s batteries, the motor and ESC get extremely hot, so I just don't go full throttle hardly at all when I use 4s on it. You can do the same with the V70. I don't use 4s on it routinely, only when I run out of my 3s batteries at the flying field.
Personally, I've used a 4s, 2650 mah battery in the V70 and I couldn't detect any real difference in the way it performed. It didn't seem to go significantly faster.
thanks a lot for your support
Sep 15, 2012, 05:11 PM
I didn't do it...
Where do you all set your low voltage cut-off at? I have mine set to high, (3.2v/65%). If I set it lower, can I still do a go-a-round if I need to? Thanks.
Sep 16, 2012, 05:56 PM
Northwest Florida, USA

Zippy Compacts

Quote:

The Zippy Compacts 3300 and 3700 both fit in very easily but you need the battery adapters to go with them if you don't change plugs. Very nice fit even with the adapters and a Spektrum AR400 rx.....

Quick Reply