Hobbyking Durafly Zephyr V70 EDF Glider - Page 93 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Aug 29, 2012, 05:10 PM
Registered User
Castel101's Avatar
Either Medium CA which is what is in the manual or Gorilla Glue. That's what I'm using, check out previous posts. It works well on EPO if the surfaces are prepped well, the only difference with CA is that GG is not as brittle and more like epoxy (somehow flexible) which I prefer for big/stress areas like wings and tails.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2012, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Speaking of glue. Has anyone tried the CA with rubber in it? It sounds like the best of all possible worlds if they got it right. I have had good results with both epoxy and Gorilla Glue though I understand that there's some variations in EPO that might cause either one to work better on a specific model. The main thing is surface prep. Clean with rubbing alcohol or other solvent that won't dissolve the foam, sand the surfaces, then clean them again before glueing. It seems to help to make some little holes, so the pieces are "keyed" together, as well.
Aug 31, 2012, 01:49 PM
Lipo Burner
dcame002's Avatar
Finally some good weather this weekend. Looks like a maiden of the 6s zephyr is on the way. The battery is too tall to fit in the canopy, but I'm thinking of cutting out the bottom foam and replacing it with a strip of glass fiber. Pray for good weather guys!
Aug 31, 2012, 01:55 PM
Registered User
FYI. The Zephyr is now available from the U.S. warehouse.
Aug 31, 2012, 08:34 PM
I didn't do it...
av8ersteve's Avatar
Hey all. My maiden flight is scheduled for tomorrow morning but I have a concern. I am flying with a thunder power g6 3300 and spectrum r600x receiver. I had to add to the nose a 9 volt battery and 3 quarters taped together to get the C.G. at 78mm. Does this sound right? Seems like a lot of extra weight. I am so concerned that I went and purchased a Great Planes CG balancer so I could check it with something other than my fingers. Is adding weight to the noes, (a lot), normal for this bird? PLEASE someone let me know something before I fly.
Sep 01, 2012, 12:32 AM
Registered User
Yes it is normal.
I run a 3s 3600mah battery and it just balances within specs.
Sep 01, 2012, 09:04 AM
Registered User
Just set mine up. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the motor. No reaction to the throttle stick. I have swapped out a different RX and ESC, still have the same problem. Not sure what could be wrong but it seems as if I have a bad motor. Any easy way to rule that out?
Sep 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
GBX
GBX
Registered User
just for fun hook up the battery and adjust the trim down for the throttle to see if you can get the esc to arm
Sep 01, 2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
Good suggestion, GBX. And, if that has no effect, try plugging it in with the throttle all the way up. Dugmar might have the throttle reversed. That little pickle cost me a very frustrating afternoon!
Sep 01, 2012, 05:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugmar
Just set mine up. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the motor. No reaction to the throttle stick. I have swapped out a different RX and ESC, still have the same problem. Not sure what could be wrong but it seems as if I have a bad motor. Any easy way to rule that out?
Did you calibrate the throttle range by binding it at full throttle, waiting for beeps, then reducing throttle to zero?
Sep 01, 2012, 06:00 PM
I didn't do it...
av8ersteve's Avatar
Well, no maiden today due to rain... Tomorrow hopefully. Does anyone know how the stock esc holds up? I Have never flown with one of these but I do like the ease of programming and it looks to be of good quality. Any +'s or -'s you guys know of?
Last edited by av8ersteve; Sep 01, 2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: fixed 's
Sep 02, 2012, 01:28 PM
Registered User
banjo328's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve
Well, no maiden today due to rain... Tomorrow hopefully. Does anyone know how the stock esc holds up? I Have never flown with one of these but I do like the ease of programming and it looks to be of good quality. Any +'s or -'s you guys know of?
I only have maybe an hour's use in the Zephyr but it seems to be working fine. I think it's the same type as used in my Dynamic-S and that one has a lot more usage on it, again with no problems.
Sep 02, 2012, 01:44 PM
GBX
GBX
Registered User
Added some New Stuff Film to my wings and added these to help the bolts from getting caught on landings (from a defunk Kinetic 800) still waitting for a first flight
Sep 02, 2012, 02:22 PM
Lipo Burner
dcame002's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo328
I only have maybe an hour's use in the Zephyr but it seems to be working fine. I think it's the same type as used in my Dynamic-S and that one has a lot more usage on it, again with no problems.
Good ESc. Will handle 65 amps
Sep 02, 2012, 02:45 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX
Added some New Stuff Film to my wings and added these to help the bolts from getting caught on landings (from a defunk Kinetic 800) still waitting for a first flight
What size New Stuff did you put on the wings?.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Battery for the Durafly Dynamic-S from Hobbyking Lars N Foamies (Kits) 22 Oct 10, 2013 02:13 AM
New Product HK Zephyr V70 EDF Glider! SHWEEEET! dustydonnay FPV Talk 33 Jun 29, 2012 12:26 PM
Discussion hobbyking durafly 310 question Syner01 Parkflyers 1 Jun 24, 2012 08:54 AM
Discussion Hobbyking Durafly Telemicro Firehawk989 Micro Ready-to-Fly 5 May 13, 2012 09:09 AM
Help! Replacement prop for HobbyKing Durafly P-51 pabo1 Electric Warbirds 3 Mar 28, 2012 02:07 PM