Mar 12, 2013, 10:31 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahd View Post
I'm sorry to hear you wasted time and a little money on this. Somehow in my research I found that I needed to order the 4mm style connector despite the pic though I can't remember where.

I heard some great advice here on rcgroups about HK (paraphrasing). They are excellent if you only use them as a shop for buying cheap stuff from. Don't do anything complicated like change or combine an order. When I buy stuff from them I figure it is like gambling. You may lose some money along the way with stuff that doesn't work etc, but you'll always come out in front compared to the more expensive brands and shops.
Very true statement on HK.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2013, 01:54 PM
Has anyone noise tested this? and allowed to fly at clubs fields?
Mar 13, 2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliamgt View Post
Has anyone noise tested this? and allowed to fly at clubs fields?
Noise tested? Not exactly -- but it's very very loud. Allowed to fly at club fields -- all depends on the club. Ours has no noise limits because we are so far from people -- and I'm sure the (1200 member) gun range up the road makes more noise than we could ever make.

How loud? It almost hurts if you hand launch it without hearing protection on that side.
Mar 14, 2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Noise tested? Not exactly -- but it's very very loud. Allowed to fly at club fields -- all depends on the club. Ours has no noise limits because we are so far from people -- and I'm sure the (1200 member) gun range up the road makes more noise than we could ever make.

How loud? It almost hurts if you hand launch it without hearing protection on that side.
Lol. Yes, it is freaking loud. I launched using my left hand. So I wore ear plugs on my left ear during launch.
But the sound it makes when you do a fly by is awesome.

I was learning how to do vertical climb today.
Vertical Climb on Zephyr EDF V70 (1 min 5 sec)
Mar 14, 2013, 04:09 AM
The BMFA limit in the uk is 82 dB if thats any help
Mar 14, 2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliamgt View Post
The BMFA limit in the uk is 82 dB if thats any help
What is a BMFA?

EDIT: British Model Flying Assoc. (I love google)
Last edited by scott page; Mar 14, 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Wised up
Mar 14, 2013, 03:43 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
What is a BMFA?

EDIT: British Model Flying Assoc. (I love google)
I thought it was the "Boston Museum of Fine Arts" but I could be wrong in this context.!
Mar 14, 2013, 05:07 PM
Its british modelling flying assoc which rc clubs in the uk need to adhear to.

Im sure the us has the same sort of thing?
Mar 15, 2013, 05:22 AM
Hey guys, I got 3 problems with my V70, kinda need your advises.

1. Anyone knows when is my right 'elevator' travelling more than my left? Anyway to calibrate it?
Trim doesn't help.

2. And when I pull up on the elevator seconds after launch, it has a tendency to roll left and flip over. I am very certain I didn't push the ailerons controls. Only pulling up.
Zephyr V70 Left Bank Tendency During Launch (0 min 23 sec)

3. And after flying for 7:30min, my motor suddenly wind down. But I still have full controls of servos. So I landed it asap. I checked the battery voltage. Its 9.71V. Is it low on power? How do I know that my battery is low?
Last edited by junjian; Mar 15, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
Mar 15, 2013, 10:28 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by junjian View Post

1. Anyone knows when is my right 'elevator' travelling more than my left? Anyway to calibrate it?
Trim doesn't help.

2. And when I pull up on the elevator seconds after launch, it has a tendency to roll left and flip over. I am very certain I didn't push the ailerons controls. Only pulling up.

3. And after flying for 7:30min, my motor suddenly wind down. But I still have full controls of servos. So I landed it asap. I checked the battery voltage. Its 9.71V. Is it low on power? How do I know that my battery is low?
Does your TX allow you to select "V-tail"? If you've done this and have plugged each tail servo into their correct channels (I think it's a combination of one in a rudder channel and the other in the elevator channel), all inputs should be equal throws. You must have all travel (and expo, etc.) set the same for both those channels and trim at neutral to start. If you've done this correctly, then it's possible one of the servos is not working right or one of the control rods is not in the same holes (servo and control surface).

In your picture, when you give UP elevator, with the right tail surface going more than the left, this would be the same as giving left rudder. This has a similar effect of giving left aileron. You need to make the tail surface travel equal on both sides for all functions.

Flying for 7:30 on this EDF (or most EDFs) is a very long time. You are going way over the safe flight time for this plane if you are flying it as the usual EDF. If you are flying it more like a glider, with the motor shut down much of the time, then fine.
Mar 15, 2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Does your TX allow you to select "V-tail"? If you've done this and have plugged each tail servo into their correct channels (I think it's a combination of one in a rudder channel and the other in the elevator channel), all inputs should be equal throws. You must have all travel (and expo, etc.) set the same for both those channels and trim at neutral to start. If you've done this correctly, then it's possible one of the servos is not working right or one of the control rods is not in the same holes (servo and control surface).

In your picture, when you give UP elevator, with the right tail surface going more than the left, this would be the same as giving left rudder. This has a similar effect of giving left aileron. You need to make the tail surface travel equal on both sides for all functions.

Flying for 7:30 on this EDF (or most EDFs) is a very long time. You are going way over the safe flight time for this plane if you are flying it as the usual EDF. If you are flying it more like a glider, with the motor shut down much of the time, then fine.
Yo, I just checked the TX channels and the servos. They are plugged in the correct channels.
CH1 - Ailerons
CH2 - Left Ruddervator
CH3 - Throttle
CH4 - Right Ruddervator
I followed the Futaba manual.

I just tried using sub trim to trim the travel of 1 of the servo. Now the travel is slightly similar. Not perfect but much better.

Here is my flight profile.
Launch at full throttle.
Climb to altitude at full throttle.
Bring back to 75-80% throttle and fly circuits.
Going full throttle for 1/2 the fly bys.
My battery is 4200mah, 3S, 45C.
Mar 16, 2013, 02:04 AM
Quote:

Trim doesn't help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8_pspZC-8o

I'll lay money on the table that one hinge is binding. Remove pushrods and flex control surfaces until they both move freely and uniformly.
Mar 16, 2013, 03:35 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Quote:

Trim doesn't help.

What Tx are you using? If it's a DX6i there are some issues that produce that 'half travel' in one ruddervator of a V-tail if you don't have it set up right. I had the same problem with my ST Blaze when I first set it up - can't remember the details but it's something about the settings used, & making sure your servo wires (elev & rudd) aren't crossed inside the fuse boom hence inadvertantly connected to the wrong Rx slot. This might affect other, 'lesser' Spektrum Tx's as well eg the DX5 series (in case that's what you have) but I'm not sure as I have no experience with those.
Mar 16, 2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
I'll lay money on the table that one hinge is binding. Remove pushrods and flex control surfaces until they both move freely and uniformly.
Tried it. The travel is still unequal. But better than before.
Using Futaba 6J.

Really have no clue what is going on. My ac is still rolling left when I pull up on the elevator.
Mar 16, 2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Tried it. The travel is still unequal. But better than before.
Using Futaba 6J.

Really have no clue what is going on. My ac is still rolling left when I pull up on the elevator.
Put the servos on a servo tester and try this. You might need to use servo reverser on one. Alternately - make a new program in the TX from scratch.

And what TX brand and model do you have? And if its er9x post your EEPROM.

Quick Reply