Apr 23, 2012, 08:23 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

New FBL gyro from hobbymate ***Test Pilots Needed***

Hello Guys, Hobbymate sent me a couple of FBL gyros to test last week before finalizing production. I was absolutely amazed by how well it flys with my 450 pro.

My flybarless gyros experience includes:

Mikado V-bars
Align 3GX
Micro-beastX

Setup was very easy and did not require a PC. My 2 units did not have the protective aluminum cases on them as Hobbymate was just finishing up on the cases and didnt have them to send me. They will be sending me more units with the aluminium cases to give away for others to test. The first 4 units will be sent to the first ones who send me a PM that is interested. I am looking for experienced rc heli pilots that who is knowledgeable on how to setup FBL gyros and 3D flyers to test it capabilities.

My only requests to these testers to video their flights and post them here for others to see.

I will have 10 units in total to gave away. The rest of the units will be choosen by me by showing me their flight skills. I want 3D flyers. Post me some videos of your flights and see if you qualify.

I will have these new test units in a week or so.

In the following videos below my test subject is:

Align Trex 450 Pro V2.
Scorpion 2010kv 6S motor with 13T pinion governed at 3200rpm
CC Ice Lite 50
Hitec HS65HB's on cyclic
MKS DS8910 on tail duty
Blue lipo 1300mah 30C 6S lipo
Spectrum AR6110E RX

Fbl gyro test (1 min 47 sec)

SUNP0001.avi (4 min 38 sec)
Last edited by HobbyCool_tech; Apr 24, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2012, 09:09 PM
Malaysian Flier
Hi.
I'm Zaihan from Malaysia. My current heli is Tarot 450Pro v2 with ZYX FBL system
Zaihan@KJRC Tarot 450 Pro with ZYX FBL and 6S Setup (4 min 16 sec)

Have done set up on beastx, align 3G and Align 3GX. Plus ZYX Tarot
Apr 23, 2012, 09:21 PM
Thread OP
Very Nice Flying zhnme523 !
Apr 23, 2012, 10:14 PM
Wow....I nominate beenflying. Send him a PM...BTW what will the price be? Will it have the option to be set up using a PC or a program box? What kind of setup option will you be able to tweaked..ie P.I.D. settings, pyro rates, accel/decel rates etc.
Apr 24, 2012, 12:02 PM
Vertical mount fbl gyro?
Apr 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
Wow....I nominate beenflying. Send him a PM...BTW what will the price be? Will it have the option to be set up using a PC or a program box? What kind of setup option will you be able to tweaked..ie P.I.D. settings, pyro rates, accel/decel rates etc.

pricing is yet to be determined. All settings is easily accessed on the unit itself, with the use of your transmitter. All the major tweaks is included with minor adjustments as well. Settings selections is samilar to that of the beastx. pc setup may be available once the USB adapter with software is released. The pc is not needed at all however ro fully enjoy this unit.
Apr 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovin
Vertical mount fbl gyro?
Gyro can be mounted horizontally or vertically for flexibilty in mounting
Apr 24, 2012, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
1.black_heart
2.Spoofman
3.ridge_racer
4.Beenflying
8. reserved
9. reserved
10. reserved

3 spots left to fill

again the first 3 spots is for everyone who is interested. the next 3 will be choosen . and 3 spots reserved for other forums I'm posting for this promotion
Last edited by HobbyCool_tech; Apr 26, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Apr 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
HobbyCool...I actually just saw your videos a few hours ago when I was home. It seems to fly well. Just curious about the price.
Apr 24, 2012, 05:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
HobbyCool...I actually just saw your videos a few hours ago when I was home. It seems to fly well. Just curious about the price.
I dont have the pricing for the new unit yet. I will keep you posted as soon as I get info on the price. Thanks!

I'm looking for test pilots and there are open slots left
Apr 24, 2012, 07:45 PM
Can I registered for one of this gyro? Thanks.
Apr 24, 2012, 11:02 PM
Retired
Since bf is already nominated, I nominate Sp00fman, he is cool calm and collective, most of all he is an extremely honest test pilot, that provides flight videos. I will advise him to pm you if he is interested. thank you
Apr 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
Looptastic!
I'm in

I'll rip the CX 3x1000 off one of my 450's and give this one a shot if you like.
I'm always in to try some new stuff to help other members decide what to get.

Im not into smack, but working on some smooth 3D flight.

Thanks for the confidence Pitch
Apr 25, 2012, 06:55 PM
Retired
thank you SM I can't wait for your review.

I also like to nominate zaihan to be one of the reviewers of this gyro. This FBL gyro looks like it has potential!

all the best guys
Apr 25, 2012, 07:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejoy
Can I registered for one of this gyro? Thanks.
Hello Whitejoy, I sent you a PM. shipping to your country is alittle expensive for me. If you are willing to pay for the shipping I can send you one. Please respond soon before the slots are filled up.

Quick Reply