Apr 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
Discussion

Spektrum DX6i for Dummies?

Hi all,

I've been reading through 1000's of posts in this forum and found bits a peices of the info I'm looking for but, so far nothing dumbed down enough for me to understand.

I'm looking for a thread which discusses how to program your TX (a DX6i in my case) and what it all means. I can follow the manual but, as a relative newbie, a lot of the terminology doesn't make sense to me. Why is there so many options and settings?

I get the basics like Elevator, Aileron, Rudder, etc ..., but don't really get what settings like "DR" and "EXPO" are for, and/or do.

Anyone know of a post here that might help me? Or any feedback would be appreciated.

BTW - For the moment I am only using the DX6i to operate a Blade MQX quad-copter.

Thanks,
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2012, 02:21 PM
Cranky old fart
DR is dual rate, EXPO is exponential. DR allows you to have high and low (dual) rate settings for response sensitivity. EXPO allows non-linear response to stick movement; typically less movement near stick center, and more at the extremities. There's a DR&Expo function that joins the two on one switch. Post questions about DX6i settings for the MQx in the MQx thread in the multi-rotor forum. You should get responses that will give you plenty of info.
Apr 23, 2012, 02:46 PM
Hi Balr14,

Thanks for the response. I guess that makes sense. I have been through that whole MQX thread and have seen lots of different recomendations for what to set these at for the MQX. I just never knew what they did. I guess I can start with that and experiment until I find settings I am comfortable with.

Thanks again!