Jun 02, 2017, 02:34 AM
Balsa Breaks Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1
That plan doesn't exist.
The first kits produced by Aamco were the S-Ray and H-Ray. S -Ray Shoulder wing, and H-Ray high wing.These two planes shared the same wing and tail and about 90 per cent of the fuselage pieces.
The S -Ray was listed as the first kit because it was to be the basis for three other airframes, H-Ray, L-Ray and Bi-Ray. The L-Ray had the fuselage mocked up and the Bi-Ray never went beyond an idea. The Bi Ray was to be a L-Ray with an extra wing.
Ernie Huber talked Lou out of the small bipe and the Aeromaster was born.

Paul

Thanks Paul.

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2017, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1
That plan doesn't exist.
The first kits produced by Aamco were the S-Ray and H-Ray. S -Ray Shoulder wing, and H-Ray high wing.These two planes shared the same wing and tail and about 90 per cent of the fuselage pieces.
The S -Ray was listed as the first kit because it was to be the basis for three other airframes, H-Ray, L-Ray and Bi-Ray. The L-Ray had the fuselage mocked up and the Bi-Ray never went beyond an idea. The Bi Ray was to be a L-Ray with an extra wing.
Ernie Huber talked Lou out of the small bipe and the Aeromaster was born.

Paul
Hello Paul.
Very special informations.
Many thanks for all.

Regards from Greece.
Elijah.
Jun 03, 2017, 07:27 AM
Closed Account
Thank you, Paul.

Had several Andrews kits, with my favorite being the A-Ray. It was a sad day when Tower assimilated AAMCO and dropped most of their kit line.

CD
Jun 03, 2017, 08:09 AM
RFJ
RFJ
For anyone wondering, this is what the legendary Rays looked like. The box-loc construction made the fuselages very strong. The H-Ray was one of the best trainers I ever flew. The best was the Kamco Kadet

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Jun 03, 2017 at 09:21 AM.
Jun 03, 2017, 11:45 AM
I like thermals
I think my Dad had an H-Ray when I was really young. I've got a picture somewhere. Rudder-elevator, probably galloping ghost, with an unthrottled Cox Medallion .09 for power. Might build one for myself...
Nov 11, 2017, 11:05 AM
Thread OP

Looking for June 1973 Flying Models Mag Gull plans

Would anyone have an electronic copy of the Gull plans and maybe also the article from the June 1973 issue of Flying Models magazine? That was one bird that I liked the appearance back then and never got back to it.

Thank you.
Nov 11, 2017, 09:16 PM
Flying Models Plans
Not electronic, but the plans remain readily available from the Flying Model plan service. I likely have the article as well. Orders typically ship within 12 hours, via USPS Priority Mail, so you would have it well before next weekend.

Thayer

https://store.flying-models.com/cata...oducts_id=1235
Dec 20, 2017, 07:15 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Does anyone have the article to go with the Dave Robelen 12in RC Sperry Messenger plan that appeared on June 1969 MAN?
Dec 20, 2017, 07:56 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Does anyone have the article to go with the Dave Robelen 12in RC Sperry Messenger plan that appeared on June 1969 MAN?
Steve, you will find the first page of the article in Post #1 of mlbco's build log for his recent TBD-2 entry, here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2895315. I think there may be more, maybe you could ask him.
Dec 20, 2017, 08:38 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Doh. Thanks George, I've definitely read that thead a few times and yet I stil managed to forget all about it.
Jan 18, 2018, 11:25 PM
Flying Models plans removed as per request a
Last edited by tri-pacer; Jan 19, 2018 at 04:26 PM.
Jan 19, 2018, 12:06 AM
FM plans removed as per request.
Last edited by tri-pacer; Jan 19, 2018 at 04:28 PM.
Jan 19, 2018, 02:05 AM
Flying Models Plans
For what it is worth, both of the above are available as printed plans on the Flying Models plans web site.

Thayer

https://store.flying-models.com/cata...oducts_id=1090
https://store.flying-models.com/cata...oducts_id=1089
Jan 19, 2018, 01:31 PM
FM plans removed as per request
Last edited by tri-pacer; Jan 19, 2018 at 04:29 PM.
Jan 19, 2018, 03:06 PM
Culper Junior
If the Flying Models plans are still available from them directly could we do the gentlemanly thing and not put the plans out for freebies?

Quick Reply