Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 25, 2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
That would be Gerry Nelson's version published in the May 1968 issue. 70" span, Kraft proportional and Enya 60.
Ray
Yes that would be the one. I also loved the Moody Mooney as a kid from a 1962 or 3 (also May) issue of American Modeler. It was controlline but that was all I could afford at that age so the Moody was more of a day dream.

There was also a very nice looking Mooney Executive in a 1976 or 1977 RC Sportsman that I liked. It called for a foam wing which at the time I had no way to duplicate that. I prefer the built up wings. I also prefer the smaller models so the .10 to .35 engine size best suits me but more for economics than anything else. I did recently acquire a copy of a Randy Randolph Mooney for .10 but could never determine if it was something he was working on for publication just before he died. It is dated 2008. I actually got 2 of them at different times on an auction site. Both sources said they picked theirs up at an estate sale with a box of other plans. Both were in totally different parts of the country.

Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc capo
Was looking at full scale Musketeers & Sundowners for restoration as a cheaper way to continue my flying lessons-until I checked my reality wallet & started looking for the model. Anyone?
50+AirYears posted one here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3551
in the pre 1960 thread. It is the Berkley model and is pretty low resolution but it is there.

I also look for Musketeer and Sundowner as well as straight tail Bonanza plans. The Bonanza was my dream plane but ended up with the Mooney which was a better choice for the pocket book but it would not go as fast!

If you have not checked out WMD's outerzone web site at http://www.outerzone.co.uk and also the vinplandex site there ( http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex ) you might find some good information and downloads there. Vinplandex is just a running index of the pre 1960 plan postings while http://www.outerzone.co.uk has downloads from that thread and other contributions. That is where I found an L19 Birddog plan I was looking for.
Apr 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
It might not be as fast, but it sure is cheaper to feed!
Apr 27, 2012, 04:32 AM
Has anyone got a copy of Moonbeam? It was a v tailed slopesoarer from the 60's I think.

Mark.
Apr 27, 2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Winstanley
Has anyone got a copy of Moonbeam? It was a v tailed slopesoarer from the 60's I think.

Mark.
Is it this one?

http://tinyurl.com/762qtt3
Apr 27, 2012, 05:48 AM
That looks like it - Thanks.
Apr 27, 2012, 07:07 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Quote:
a v tailed slopesoarer from the 60's
That's Moonbeam 7 published in 1980. The earlier version , Moonbeam 2, was published in RCM&E in July 1967 and may be the one Mark is after.

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Apr 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
Isaiah 40:31
I also look for Musketeer and Sundowner as well as straight tail Bonanza plans. The Bonanza was my dream plane but ended up with the Mooney which was a better choice for the pocket book but it would not go as fast!
[/QUOTE]

My Uncle's last 2 planes were the Bonanza A35, V-tail and A36. He gave me the wheel in the latter enroute to the keys. Compared to the Cessna Aerobat I was training in, the A36 was smooooth!

Nice ride.

rc
Apr 28, 2012, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
That's Moonbeam 7 published in 1980. The earlier version , Moonbeam 2, was published in RCM&E in July 1967 and may be the one Mark is after.

Ray
RFJ - perfect - that is it. I built it for my Pathfinder single channel set way back when. It flew OK up at Moel Fammau but didnt survive contact with the heather.

Thanks a million

Mark.
Apr 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
AMA 105167
Here is one I found browsing in another plan site of interest, and decided to enlarge it by 3 times its size ...

it is a candidate for me to do a few changes to; like enlarge the wings and change the airfoil for starters ... at a later date ...

but for the purist, the original is part of the package ...

for those that are interested in my Slope Glider version of the F-86 .... you can DOWNLOAD it here ...
Last edited by D_Dawg; Apr 30, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Apr 29, 2012, 09:01 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
Thanks, Dawg!
Apr 30, 2012, 01:43 AM
This looks about the correct age and has no statement on copyright

The Baron
Apr 30, 2012, 03:23 AM
Vacuum Tubes Forever BCT2/BCR3
Thanks pd1 for the minimaster plans. I still have flying versions of Lou Andrew's sportsmaster and trainermaster. Both of the airplanes are GREAT flying machine!!!

If someone has plans for the trainmaster and could upload them, I would be thankful.

Thanks

JohnB
Apr 30, 2012, 04:04 AM
Micro Star.

Type Model RC Sport.
Wingspan 29in.Parasol.
Engine glow Cox .020 - .033
Control 2 channels.
Designer Y. Matsumoto.
Company Pilot 1979.

A plan from me for the good start of the new theater to pilot new integrated scanning.

Elijah.
Last edited by hlsat; Oct 29, 2014 at 12:27 PM.