Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 03, 2012, 03:34 AM
Some days ago, I posted a few Japanese plans in the "Royal/Marutaka plans from kits" thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1661297

I don't think they can be called Vintage & Old-Timer plans, though.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2012, 06:03 PM
RC Adddict
those are some nice looking plans thank you
Nov 03, 2012, 06:55 PM
Hello friends ,

I recently bought a set of plans in air age site.
They are from 74 , I'm looking for some more info . Anybody can provide more details about the plane ? A scan from construction article are welcome.
I like the plane lines and I will eletrified around 200 W , build one or two more ribs in each wing panels and use ailerons. Maybe evens flaps in the inner wing panels. These todays micro servos gives infinite possibilities.
I will post if decide to build one .
Thanks for read.
William
Nov 03, 2012, 07:46 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Pretty sure, based on the plan number, that the model was in the July 89 issue of MAN. 7 - 89 - plan #1.
Unfortunately I don't have that month of the magazine
(I do for example have August 89, and the Electric Hots is in there as plan #8891)

"74" is for the engine displacement.

There is a picture of the Spirit of 74 on the MAN plans site, along with a short blurb.

http://www.airagestore.com/spirit-of-74.html
Nov 04, 2012, 07:09 PM
Just call me Ῥέᾱ
William,

This is the kind of plane best left unchanged from the original design. Adding ailerons etc. doesn’t improve them in any way. I get more inquiries and compliments from my oldtimers than I do my “performance” planes.

David
Nov 05, 2012, 03:10 AM
Rhea,

I've noticed that, too.

I don't have any vintage models of my own, but I often fly with "vintage aficionados" and I have marked the fact that their models tend to receive more approbation than do the more mainstream aircraft..
Nov 08, 2012, 12:59 PM
Randy Randolf plans-see Flying Models.
Plans are also available from
http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-...rit-of-74.html
Last edited by JohnAV8R; Nov 08, 2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added airage link
Nov 09, 2012, 01:35 AM

Spirit of 74 ,,

Hello friends of the forum ,
Thanks in read about the topic , I'm sorry about my mistake ,,, I think spirit of 74 was the same , 1974 ,,, shame on me .
Anyway , I like to build . Unhappy nowadays is almost impossible to find someone building from plans , at least where I live a chinese made , almost perfect p-51 can cost you less than a vintage home made plane. Balsa , liteply , music wire , pushroads , monokote , wheels , glue , engine mount ,,, etc ,,, etc . All these stuf are much more expensive. So I have to think very well before star to cut.
One lovely thing about scratch buildind is make small changes and adapt a design to today's tecnology. Electrified , ailerons , even flaps . In the follow link you have my last build , Gamine . 150W brushlles , ailerons , screws to hold wings.
I love old timers but , here , in this side of world we dont have these heritage about model planes , so I belive is not a sin change a design wile retaining the essence.
Thanks for read , sorry about my bad english.
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...s.asp?th=73738
Nov 09, 2012, 01:43 AM

Gamine

A old time design with a longer nose to acomodate battery , servos in tail , ailerons with individual servos , a undercamber airfoil allow it fly half trothle for 15 min or so , batery is hobbyking 30C , 1300 ma.
Nov 09, 2012, 01:45 AM
Reduce the drama...
William
Welcome back!
I agree that it's not a sin to make changes.
I'm glad you know some English because I have no Portuguese!
Regards
Rick
Nov 16, 2012, 10:58 PM

Triple Threat

RC model from MAN Sept. 1957.
Set your own scale and size. This PDF is just 1 page size.
Nov 19, 2012, 01:13 AM

Demoiselle

Does anyone have a copy of the free flight Demoiselle from the May 1967 issue of Model Airplane news? or even a copy of the mag for sale?

Mark.
Nov 19, 2012, 05:51 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Better than nothing I suppose.

Ray
Nov 19, 2012, 09:23 AM
Fantastic - Thanks Ray

Mark.
Nov 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thank you Ray. What a little cracker.