Apr 21, 2012, 11:51 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Help with measures of motor bearings for a K & B 40 Rear Exhaust

Dear colleagues,
I have a K & B engine 40 Rear Exhaust I bought a little time here in RC Groups.
For all I know this is a model of a engine older model but good performance.
The copy I bought, unfortunately seems to have been treated badly and came with split rear bearing (among other misfortunes) ..
I've been looking for them in online stores (as with much help even told by a member of RC Groups here), but measures of these bearings it seems they are special, they are narrower in width than most others used today (both front and rear).
I ask if there among you who know these engines-tions, to help me find them, or at least teach me what are the right steps and I managed to buy from Bocca Bearings, a couple of them that has the correct width and external measures, but not the "ring" inside (do not serve in the engine crankshaft).
I really appreciate your attention and I apologize for my bad English.
Hugs
Jorge
Last edited by JROMA; Apr 21, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Two left thumbs
Perhaps this company can help: http://rcbearings.com/
Or you can contact the present K&B Engines owner: http://www.mecoa.com/kb/

Good luck!

Geoff
Apr 21, 2012, 01:42 PM
R/C Bearings seems to only carry items for the K&B .61.
Apr 21, 2012, 03:31 PM
Just send a message to RC Bearings and he will look up the bearing size for you. I am sure he has just what you need. He does not have all bearings for all engines listed on the the web page but he usually knows just what you need. And his prices are reasonable. So do send a message to http://rcbearings. com/ and he will respond. He's a great man.
Apr 25, 2012, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
Thank you for your attention and help.
I'll try to contact RC bearings and see what I can.
Apr 25, 2012, 08:32 PM
www.rcbearings.com

K&B RE Quickie 500 engine

I looked it up and, unfortunately, I do not stock those bearings. I don't think I ever will because they are not commonly used anywhere but on old K&B engines. Sorry I couldn't help you this time.

Paul McIntosh
RCBearings.com
Apr 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
Thread OP
Dear Mr. Paul, I appreciate your attention. I'll try to find out the measurements of the bearings and keep trying to get them.
Hugs
Jorge
Apr 28, 2012, 08:29 AM
Two left thumbs
Jorge, is this the engine you have? If it is, I will disassemble and measure this engine's bearings, and maybe I can help you to find bearings for yours. Or, I will trade this engine for something that you do not need. Mine is new, never been run.

Geoff
Apr 28, 2012, 04:09 PM
Thread OP
Hello Geoff,
Yes is the same as I have here.
I did not want to work for both people.
Thank you for your kindness.
Apr 29, 2012, 08:49 AM
Two left thumbs
Jorge, the inner bearing measures 1.125" outer diameter, 15mm inner diameter, and is 1/4" wide. The very large diameter of the crankshaft requires this unusual mix of metric and inch dimensions. The outer bearing appears to be normal. We will find something for you!

Geoff
Apr 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
Thread OP
Dear Geoff,
His efforts to help me is what I admire most in this hobby.
People who do not know if seeking help more than 5.000 miles away an old pair coordinate engine "toy".
This is really wonderful.
That life was smiling at him.
When I see that I am most happy to belong to this wonderful species (and complicated) that is the human being.
I repeat the words I have used before here: This is why I practice this hobby ...
I often call "child" but I confess that if all they lived with the "children" generous (like you) that I live, I believe it would also be "children".
Hugs and thanks again ...
Jorge
May 07, 2012, 09:00 PM
www.rcbearings.com
Boca stocks this bearing. it is called a B15R8T. Search for the K&B Quickie 500 RE

Quick Reply