Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 08, 2013, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Guys, are you giving names to your RC gear ?
Like some give names to pets, or ... riffles
If true, what kind of names ? Feminine? asking because I see the model planes are "she" in English forums, not neutral genre as in my language.
I foresee an issue if my wife hear "...and apply a delicate pinch of both Aurora sticks..." when my best friend try to explain me the ultimate F3X pattern...
An issue not so serious if I call my radio..."MyDearWatson"
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2013, 09:39 PM
Registered User
stevea3342's Avatar
I never thought about naming my radio, but "Sir Crash-a-lot" comes to mind.
Jan 08, 2013, 10:29 PM
Registered Loser
Similarly, I call mine lots of colourful names when I crash. Its always my radio's fault
Jan 08, 2013, 11:23 PM
Registered User
cold wombat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Feminine? asking because I see the model planes are "she" in English forums, not neutral genre as in my language.
Peculiarity of the English language. Inanimate objects are often referred to as 'she'. Goes back centuries, starting I believe with the naval tradition of referring to boats in the feminine gender (quite possibly because the latin root of navy is of feminine gender?).

The habit tends to be more pronounced where there is something of an emotional relationship with the object in question, and it is of a temperamental or not well understood nature, but something you don't want to do without; rather like a man's typical relationship with a woman!
Jan 08, 2013, 11:53 PM
christian theme park operator
H2SO4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat
Peculiarity of the English language. Inanimate objects are often referred to as 'she'. Goes back centuries, starting I believe with the naval tradition of referring to boats in the feminine gender (quite possibly because the latin root of navy is of feminine gender?).

The habit tends to be more pronounced where there is something of an emotional relationship with the object in question, and it is of a temperamental or not well understood nature, but something you don't want to do without; rather like a man's typical relationship with a woman!
Your explanation brings a patriotic tear to my eye
Jan 09, 2013, 12:14 AM
Registered User
cold wombat's Avatar
<passes a lace handkerchief to H2SO4>

Here you go old chap, do pull yourself together!
Jan 09, 2013, 12:53 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
To the OpenX9D developers.
It will be neat if we can transfer model setups from Open9X radios (and maybe ER9X too?) to OpenX9D so we can easily migrate up to the new Frsky TX's from older radios. Possible?
Jan 09, 2013, 01:06 AM
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
To the OpenX9D developers.
It will be neat if we can transfer model setups from Open9X radios (and maybe ER9X too?) to OpenX9D so we can easily migrate up to the new Frsky TX's from older radios. Possible?
One very sweet new option in companion9x is the ability to do a full printout of all of the settings in a model. Now, that doesn't do the programming for you -- but it's a good backup.
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos
Jan 09, 2013, 02:11 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Kilrah's Avatar
companion9x already handles model conversion between the different firmwares (open9x, er9x, ersky9x, th9x) and for open9x the different boards (stock, stock with atmega128, gruvin, sky9x). X9D will just be one more entry in the list of boards
Jan 09, 2013, 02:14 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
Thanks, thats great to hear.
Jan 09, 2013, 02:26 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack
And for the Dave's out there that believe I only write what will benefit my business (for those that don't know, I make/sell the SmartieParts programmer for the 9x)
- Steven
Here's a testimony to Steven's integrity, where he explains to me the case where I wouldn't want to buy his product. I was impressed that he took the time to type such a good explanation, and I learned a lot from what he told me.

I took the liberty of posting it since it had some good information that I wasn't able to find anywhere else.

http://eastbay-rc.blogspot.com/2012/...urnigy-9x.html

I still like calling his board the SmartiePants, though.
Jan 09, 2013, 02:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
My point was that while the screen on the photo is indeed a static splash screen, open9x is doing real work on it... so the radio is not just a mock up
I probably used wrong words. I meant that the firmware did not seem real. I know that radio itself is real. I'm impatiently waiting for it's availability. Looking forward to day when I will be able to sell my MX-20.
Jan 09, 2013, 03:29 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Guys, are you giving names to your RC gear ?
I call my new 9xr "renaoa", why do you ask?
Jan 09, 2013, 04:01 AM
Suspended Account
c'mon guys...

the story begins...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1795146

end of story!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1804259
Jan 09, 2013, 04:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar
I call my new 9xr "renaoa", why do you ask?
Yeah, the last char choice is obviously provocative...
May I suggest "AH, crap" instead ?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Frsky X12D renatoa Romania 22 Mar 15, 2013 05:01 AM
Cool FrSky Radio Sale Rotozuk Hot Online Deals 95 Apr 04, 2012 07:08 PM
Discussion New radio to go with FrSky Teamsherman Australia 37 Mar 28, 2012 05:36 AM
Sold FlySky 9x TH9X radio w/ FrSky Telemetry Module and 2s 1300 battery. NEW! JIMinKENTUCKY Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Feb 25, 2012 06:08 PM
Discussion Ordering a new radio setup, 9x + frsky telemetry, am I missing anything? carl1864 Radios 8 Nov 28, 2011 10:53 PM