May 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
Thread OP
Do you think that, if you will contribute, Frsky will become owner of your work ?!
If I was understood this way, then it's wrong.
Why don't try to contact them to see what are the terms of this collaboration ?
So far, PXX for example is open, and implemented in 9X, you should know better.
What could be more sensitive than the radio - RF protocol itself ?
If they keep something undisclosed, be sure there are parts where nobody should have access, and any change must be done with their consent.
Be sure that everything that define radio behavior, as UI, and is involved in user experience, will be as open as possible.
A single example, in this moment there is no voice synth system provided. Came with a design, agree with Frsky on an interface with the radio, and I am sure everything will be published and not kept secret.
If Frsky decide to manufacture this board that is your design, is complete off-topic to discuss here about royalties, right ? OS don't means work for free.
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
I think that Frsky proved enough, more than any brand company, that they listen to customers, and any valuable change will be implemented.
The only restrictions I see will be only around really sensitive information, that really has not a reason to be seen by everyone.
Maybe they heard about IP meanwhile
They listen to customers. That's true. But please allow me to suggest one valuable change (if not done): the USB plug to allow me flashing the board without any soldering
Bertrand.
May 29, 2012, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Sure, who said it is missing ?
May 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
Was going to say FrSky is really good about making their products firmware upgradable.
May 29, 2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
Sure, who said it is missing ?
Aha, I supposed that everything not described was not there

Bertrand.
May 29, 2012, 03:16 PM
i just saw in a video OSRC did a nice work in order to be compatible with both, jr and futaba moduls,
the main slot is JR and they use a case adapter to fit in any futaba too,
maybe would be something to consider by FrSky and make it more valuable

RENATOA did you saw any preview of the design? does it looks good to you?
May 29, 2012, 03:18 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
FrSky makes both JR and Futaba shaped modules.
May 29, 2012, 03:33 PM
Adapters = potential problems
May 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
Adapters = potential problems
A module is not an adapter, but the connector needs to be better than the current .025" square disconnect. The female and the header can be upgraded to a system good for 100 cycles or so, but if you are changing a lot, a better connection is needed.
OTOH, for $100 per TX and $25 per RF, just carry two and use eepe or companion9x to interchange mixes.
May 29, 2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11
Yea something like this photo. Sorry for bring up this picture. :P
which transmitter is this in the attached picture ?
May 29, 2012, 07:20 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...18&postcount=4
May 29, 2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D
It's a opensource source radio by osrc http://www.os-rc.com/ sorry for mixed up. The frsky radio
nobody know except the company of Frsky how it looks. Should be availble for testing middle of summer.
It's getting close for those to receive the Frsky sample to test. I would love to test it and go through all the
settings and many more because I'm a fan and plus I've used a lot of different transmitter and also I'm a
test pilot and a beta tester. I fly helis, airplane, getting into soon gliders. I'm into boats and many more. :P
May 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1
i just saw in a video OSRC did a nice work in order to be compatible with both, jr and futaba moduls,
the main slot is JR and they use a case adapter to fit in any futaba too,
maybe would be something to consider by FrSky and make it more valuable

RENATOA did you saw any preview of the design? does it looks good to you?
Can you point me to this adapter, please ?
Just want to check if this falsely open declared guy didn't steal my design that is produced now by Flytron...

About design... nothing is perfect
But the grands should start to fear... or think to lower the prices of their 12ch radios under $200 or go open source, or...

Cervantes, can you show me the open source part of that vaporware ?
Please, no more call it this way after you read a bit about open source.
May 30, 2012, 12:29 AM
well, let's hope to see soon some pictures, HK said their radio will be ready in 2-3 months
May 30, 2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
If you want fashion, get a JR 11X. Now there is a high fashion looking radio.
That radio looks like an Alienware :P

Quick Reply