Frsky X12D radio - Page 62 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 18, 2012, 10:00 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
ScottSails's Avatar
Haven't heard of the XPS system in a while
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2012, 10:48 PM
Snipe the Skies!
snipeworm's Avatar
I am new to this thread so please forgive me but when is the frsky radio said to be released?
Nov 18, 2012, 11:37 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
As far as I have read the X9D is planned before end this year, X12D soon after that and X16D next year sometime. Be nice if there was a countdown timer to release like I can see on the Wii U web site
Nov 19, 2012, 01:31 AM
Registered User
Read above soon after for X12D rather in the spring.
Nov 19, 2012, 08:34 PM
Registered User
Hi Guys if the pictures of X12d & X16d are correct does this make them a tray transmitter. I fly with my thumbs not pinch style, the sticks look small. I love the look of both , nice clean lines, but how will they fit in your hands?
Nov 19, 2012, 09:19 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
The only picture I saw the sticks hadn't been screwed in so you are just looking at the threaded stalks so its not a tray. so should we have seperate threads for the different models yet as they all look different.
Nov 20, 2012, 12:17 AM
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurripro
Hi Guys if the pictures of X12d & X16d are correct does this make them a tray transmitter. I fly with my thumbs not pinch style, the sticks look small. I love the look of both , nice clean lines, but how will they fit in your hands?
Not sure how many people have seen these -- but I love them. http://www.progressiverc.com/tools-a...ssories/rcstyx
Nov 20, 2012, 12:21 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ
If the new FrSky Tx's are both Spektrum and FASST compatible, it'll instantly make FrSky a player in the RC market rather than some niche company. And I'll be a huge FrSky fan!
they won't do it because they want you buy FrSky receivers..
it would be awesome to have a radio compatible with FASST receivers because they are better and also compatible with spektrum ones but you need a different module for each modulation.
Nov 20, 2012, 12:27 AM
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX
they won't do it because they want you buy FrSky receivers..
it would be awesome to have a radio compatible with FASST receivers because they are better and also compatible with spektrum ones but you need a different module for each modulation.
What's the point of having FASST receivers with a telemetry transmitter if the FASST receivers are not telemetry receivers????
Nov 20, 2012, 01:47 AM
Wait...what?
gbmarsh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX
they won't do it because they want you buy FrSky receivers..
it would be awesome to have a radio compatible with FASST receivers because they are better....
I have seen this claim of FASST being better but what makes them better? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I really would like to know.

Cheers,
Geoff
Nov 20, 2012, 01:50 AM
Registered User
Full failsafe even in 4ch model ?
For genuine FASST even the 6ch model has a so limited failsafe that make impossible usage for autopilots and flight controllers to engage RTH.
The 7-8ch that has full failsafe implementation are too expensive.
Nov 20, 2012, 01:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
What's the point of having FASST receivers with a telemetry transmitter if the FASST receivers are not telemetry receivers????
You didn't seen yet all the meanings Frsky can give to the concept of universal module
Nov 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
Wait...what?
gbmarsh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Not sure how many people have seen these -- but I love them. http://www.progressiverc.com/tools-a...ssories/rcstyx

Do Want!! Thanks for the link

Cheers,
Geoff
Nov 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
Suspended Account
I know the X12D will be cheap but hope a better quality than walkera high quality materials...

Nov 20, 2012, 02:34 AM
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
You didn't seen yet all the meanings Frsky can give to the concept of universal module
O I get that.. but what the FASST guys want is a FASST transmitter to work with their existing FASST receivers and get telemetry. Most Futaba pilots have hundreds or thousands of dollars in receivers. I sold 15 7 ch Futaba receivers that had cost me almost $100 each -- used the money for my other transmmitters and FrSKY fun.

Speaking of FrSKY fun --- Perhaps FrSKY transmitters could have a startup sound like mine - - so people know how to pronounce the name. (It's not frisky)

FrSky startup sound (0 min 13 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Frsky X12D renatoa Romania 22 Mar 15, 2013 06:01 AM
Cool FrSky Radio Sale Rotozuk Hot Online Deals 95 Apr 04, 2012 08:08 PM
Discussion New radio to go with FrSky Teamsherman Australia 37 Mar 28, 2012 06:36 AM
Sold FlySky 9x TH9X radio w/ FrSky Telemetry Module and 2s 1300 battery. NEW! JIMinKENTUCKY Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Feb 25, 2012 07:08 PM
Discussion Ordering a new radio setup, 9x + frsky telemetry, am I missing anything? carl1864 Radios 8 Nov 28, 2011 11:53 PM