Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 18, 2012, 09:00 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Haven't heard of the XPS system in a while
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2012, 09:48 PM
Snipe the Skies!
I am new to this thread so please forgive me but when is the frsky radio said to be released?
Nov 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
As far as I have read the X9D is planned before end this year, X12D soon after that and X16D next year sometime. Be nice if there was a countdown timer to release like I can see on the Wii U web site
Nov 19, 2012, 12:31 AM
Read above soon after for X12D rather in the spring.
Nov 19, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Guys if the pictures of X12d & X16d are correct does this make them a tray transmitter. I fly with my thumbs not pinch style, the sticks look small. I love the look of both , nice clean lines, but how will they fit in your hands?
Nov 19, 2012, 08:19 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
The only picture I saw the sticks hadn't been screwed in so you are just looking at the threaded stalks so its not a tray. so should we have seperate threads for the different models yet as they all look different.
Nov 19, 2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurripro
Hi Guys if the pictures of X12d & X16d are correct does this make them a tray transmitter. I fly with my thumbs not pinch style, the sticks look small. I love the look of both , nice clean lines, but how will they fit in your hands?
Not sure how many people have seen these -- but I love them. http://www.progressiverc.com/tools-a...ssories/rcstyx
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos
Nov 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ
If the new FrSky Tx's are both Spektrum and FASST compatible, it'll instantly make FrSky a player in the RC market rather than some niche company. And I'll be a huge FrSky fan!
they won't do it because they want you buy FrSky receivers..
it would be awesome to have a radio compatible with FASST receivers because they are better and also compatible with spektrum ones but you need a different module for each modulation.
Nov 19, 2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX
it would be awesome to have a radio compatible with FASST receivers because they are better and also compatible with spektrum ones but you need a different module for each modulation.
What's the point of having FASST receivers with a telemetry transmitter if the FASST receivers are not telemetry receivers????
Nov 20, 2012, 12:47 AM
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX
it would be awesome to have a radio compatible with FASST receivers because they are better....
I have seen this claim of FASST being better but what makes them better? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I really would like to know.

Cheers,
Geoff
Nov 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
Full failsafe even in 4ch model ?
For genuine FASST even the 6ch model has a so limited failsafe that make impossible usage for autopilots and flight controllers to engage RTH.
The 7-8ch that has full failsafe implementation are too expensive.
Nov 20, 2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
What's the point of having FASST receivers with a telemetry transmitter if the FASST receivers are not telemetry receivers????
You didn't seen yet all the meanings Frsky can give to the concept of universal module
Nov 20, 2012, 12:59 AM
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Not sure how many people have seen these -- but I love them. http://www.progressiverc.com/tools-a...ssories/rcstyx

Do Want!! Thanks for the link

Cheers,
Geoff
Nov 20, 2012, 01:09 AM
Suspended Account
I know the X12D will be cheap but hope a better quality than walkera high quality materials...

Nov 20, 2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
You didn't seen yet all the meanings Frsky can give to the concept of universal module
O I get that.. but what the FASST guys want is a FASST transmitter to work with their existing FASST receivers and get telemetry. Most Futaba pilots have hundreds or thousands of dollars in receivers. I sold 15 7 ch Futaba receivers that had cost me almost $100 each -- used the money for my other transmmitters and FrSKY fun.

Speaking of FrSKY fun --- Perhaps FrSKY transmitters could have a startup sound like mine - - so people know how to pronounce the name. (It's not frisky)

FrSky startup sound (0 min 13 sec)