Jan 21, 2013, 07:43 AM
The Hall Effect sensors mentioned above are used as alternatives to the standard resistive pot which senses the angular position of the servo arm, not the servo motor. But there are a few servos with brushless motors which I believe are pretty impressive (and come with a matching price tag...)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2013, 10:19 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
So for you KST are no more a "just chinese" only because it has an US seller? Even they are sold at HK too rebranded as Turnigy ?
dubious quality control ? they were selling them for $150 that's the price of any Futaba high quality servo.

KST is an OEM for a few others...ALZRC, KDS,TGY, BlueBird ? King ?
KST started selling cheap clones of MKS (Taiwan) because they were unknown chinese company, now they have coreless servos close to $90 the same story for PowerHD they have raised prices blatantly over the years. that said most servo distributors have a 100% profit margins, this is a business not a hobby unfortunately
Jan 21, 2013, 12:00 PM
Update
FrSky is targeting a release of the 9 channel radio in the first quarter of this year.

This is based on their quality testing and beta programs going well. After the first round of tests, they are improving several physical parts, and the software development continues at a steady pace.

FrSky is moving along nicely and they have no plans to rush an incomplete product to market. They are doing things the right way.

Also, they recently introduced the new 40 amp sensor, SBUS/CPPM Channel Changer and SBUS Decoder.

Hope this news will make many of you happy.

-Wayne
Jan 21, 2013, 12:09 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Wayne,

Sure does. Always love a company that is more concerned about product quality than market release dates. Where I work, we always feel it is better to release a great product late than to release a product that is questionable on time.

Also, I would like to express a big 'Thank you, Wayne' for a super fast shipout of my FrSky order. Thanks. I put an order in this morning and I have received acknowledgement of shipout wihin 3 hours. That is great customer service!!! Thanks Wayne.

Sincerely,
Frank
Last edited by Fly2High; Jan 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Jan 21, 2013, 12:32 PM
You are very welcome!
Jan 21, 2013, 12:40 PM
I can FPV :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
Update
FrSky is targeting a release of the 9 channel radio in the first quarter of this year.

This is based on their quality testing and beta programs going well. After the first round of tests, they are improving several physical parts, and the software development continues at a steady pace.

FrSky is moving along nicely and they have no plans to rush an incomplete product to market. They are doing things the right way.

Also, they recently introduced the new 40 amp sensor, SBUS/CPPM Channel Changer and SBUS Decoder.

Hope this news will make many of you happy.

-Wayne

Sir,I really appreciate you taking so much effort for us,
I just had a little query,could you please let us know of a price range,I need to know because I'm really short of money (I'm a student under 17),so no jobs for me either :/ and really need to save up for this and my first plane
My Bixler 2 and 9XR is on hold just because I don't know much this may cost,if above $125,then I will have to stick to my 9XR plan itself

So yea....
Thanks in advance
Jan 21, 2013, 12:56 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16
I don't know much this may cost,if above $125,then I will have to stick to my 9XR plan itself
for sure X9D will be over $125 with module and receiver so enjoy your crap 9XR sorry!
Jan 21, 2013, 01:03 PM
efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Seriously, I don't think there's a need for that from the poster above, not everyone has money to burn, but to answer the question to the other poster above that. No one knows what the price or prices are as the products have not being released yet. At least that's when any number really means anything to me.
Last edited by efx; Jan 21, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Jan 21, 2013, 01:10 PM
JimN8UAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High
Wayne,

Sure does. Always love a company that is more concerned about product quality than market release dates. Where I work, we always feel it is better to release a great product late than to release a product that is questionable on time.

Also, I would like to express a big 'Thank you, Wayne' for a super fast shipout of my FrSky order. Thanks. I put an order in this morning and I have received acknowledgement of shipout wihin 3 hours. That is great customer service!!! Thanks Wayne.

Sincerely,
Frank
+1, Frank...also waiting on delivery of an order just placed...great service Wayne!
Jim
Jan 21, 2013, 02:08 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro
for sure X9D will be over $125 with module and receiver so enjoy your crap 9XR sorry!
Come on, that was not a very nice answer, was it? completly unecessary. He wants the frsky radio, but probably can't afford it I want the X12D too but I can't also afford it at the moment. Does that make my 9x with onscreen frsky telemetry, rotary encoder and voice also c**p??
Here is what I'm doing to be able to buy my frsky radio when it comes out.. I'm saving 1€ a day, and I expect to have most of the money when the X12D comes out.. Maybe a good idea for someone else??
Hold on to what you want and you will get it..
Jan 21, 2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Completely inappropriate!
Jan 21, 2013, 02:32 PM
Dean

Eazy now everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Completely inappropriate!
I thought the same thing...........but then I remembered a few times something I typed didn't come out the way I intended. Remember, typed words don't always sound the same as spoken words.

A simple apology is in order tho...........
Jan 21, 2013, 02:36 PM
I can FPV :D
Quote:
Hey,he did say sorry,so it alright,no offense taken, you better have not meant any in the first place
And yes,I am kinda cheap,it's my first radio and plane and stuff,so I need cheap solutions with reliability and stuff,
So yea,to the 9XR it is now
And where I live 1 dirham (UAE) is around €0.2,so not an option for everyday saving :P

But word from reliable sources regarding price over $125 would really be nice sometime soon
Jan 21, 2013, 02:49 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
You can save 5 dirham a day then
Jan 21, 2013, 02:58 PM
R/C, FPV, UAVs

bad form

Quote:
Not nice... take that back.

..besides, @jkishan16 may not realize the difference between FrSky and Flysky.

Quick Reply