Apr 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
Buffalos have wings
Looking good, were you able to get it without electronics?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2012, 04:14 PM
Yes sir I was, nothing against FMS arf's I prefer different esc, motor etc.
Apr 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
What's 3D?
Thread OP
Megla, that is looking fantastic mate, are you going after a specific scheme?

Cheers
Craig
Apr 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
Looks great Megla! I didn't know kits were available already. That's good to know.
I look forward to seeing your repaint finished.

Todd
Apr 22, 2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. As far as a particular scheme goes it is off a colored photo of a K variant. So being that the plan is a F I wouldn't say its correct but it is a 109 scheme. Another thing to take into consideration is I bought a graphics kit from Callie graphics for a G6 so what to call it in the end is anyone's guess lol.
Apr 22, 2012, 08:44 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler901
Looks great Megla! I didn't know kits were available already. That's good to know.
I look forward to seeing your repaint finished.

Todd
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...b31fecdc0b9429
Apr 22, 2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megla
Hey guys im new to this thread and im not even sure if im doing this right lol, but I picked up the 109 kit from Philip and proceeded straight into changing the paint.If anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like with a different scheme this is where im at.
Oh ya, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Apr 22, 2012, 11:30 PM
Right on guys, too cool. Just a heads up to anyone thinking about repainting there bird the green camo paint is some sort of I want to say latex paint. Basically it peels as soon as you start pulling off the decals/sticker requiring you to more or less remove all of it off the plane.
Apr 23, 2012, 01:56 AM
What's 3D?
Thread OP
another short vid from yesterday thanks to Ingo, was lucky to get away with the second approach due to the esc having reduced power already, and finally cutting the motor as i was flying downwind, had to make a bit of a hurried crosswind landing but all ok. wouldn't even taxi after landing, LVC said NO
FMS Bf109f flight number 5 bits and dicey landing (3 min 37 sec)

Craig
Apr 23, 2012, 06:46 AM
Schwalbe
Glad you edited that well, at one point I remember videoing soeone else's plane for a bit until I figured out it wasn't a schmitt! LOL
Apr 23, 2012, 08:20 AM
What's 3D?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkers Jumo
Glad you edited that well, at one point I remember videoing soeone else's plane for a bit until I figured out it wasn't a schmitt! LOL
Ha, yeah it gets pretty crazy up there at times trying to track one plane when there are 7 or more of them all seemingly fighting over the one piece of airspace! i didn't even realize you were filming until i got home and discovered all the extra stuff you had taken, thanks again mate, hope the Focke is back in the air next time i am down, will have to get some of you carving up the sky with her! oh btw sounds like Philip at PW does have a lot of spares for these two new ones, he mailed me back yesterday saying that he has the air intake and sticker kits in stock that i want for the 109, and just hasn't had time to list them on his site yet, dare say the same is true of the 190!

Cheers
Craig
Apr 24, 2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megla
Hey guys im new to this thread and im not even sure if im doing this right lol, but I picked up the 109 kit from Philip and proceeded straight into changing the paint.If anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like with a different scheme this is where im at.
Have you decided on a motor to power it yet?
Apr 24, 2012, 01:14 PM
I've been flying the 190 and upgraded the motor to a eflite 46 being in Colorado. Is there enough space for this kind of upgrade in the 109.

Thanks
Apr 24, 2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demire
I've been flying the 190 and upgraded the motor to a eflite 46 being in Colorado. Is there enough space for this kind of upgrade in the 109.
Thanks
The diameter of the motor is pretty much at the limit. It's hard to reach the screws of the motor mount as it is now.
Apr 24, 2012, 02:03 PM
Dang the luck...thanks. Not knowing how this will handle the altitude, I guess I'll wait until someone here bites the bullet.

I had the perfect paint scheme for it too

Quick Reply