Originally Posted by Dirty Dee
Part name: fms-servoless-retract-fmmre003

Modification
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5917
https://www.horizonhobby.com/e-retra...1-t28-fmmre003
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2019, 02:04 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
The stock struts work fine for me using the better retract unit.
Dec 05, 2019, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.frankenjet
The stock struts work fine for me using the better retract unit.
Thanks for the clarification.

My dilemma is that with all the mods, this plane is going to cost almost the same as a Flightline F7f Tigercat.

I am really torn between the two but leaning towards the F7f since it seems to be ready to go. Plus I just picked up a 1400mm fms Corsair I haven’t flown yet as well.

Decisions decisions....
Dec 05, 2019, 02:34 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
F7F is a bit more ready to fly as it's a newer design, got 3-4 to finish myself. So many planes so little time )
Dec 05, 2019, 02:47 PM
Quote:
F7F is a bit more ready to fly as it's a newer design, got 3-4 to finish myself. So many planes so little time )
Thanks and you said it ....4 still in the box waiting for me ...... and the good weather to come back.

I have (4) 4s single engine warbirds at the moment so the flightline f7s would be my first twin and use my 3 amp 4s batteries I have.

Good thing Motion RC never has sales ...... takes some of the pressure off needing to buy one of their planes ‘right now’
Dec 07, 2019, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit n pitts
Thanks for the link. So they added the fms-servoless-retract-fmmre003 with a new strut. I haven’t read the entire thread but it looks like it has spring struts from the 1400mm p-40

If so, that sound nice but pricey ($100 plus total)

Cheers

SnP
Can anyone confirm whether the newer servoless retract for the BF-109 uses a spring loaded strut ?
Dec 07, 2019, 11:40 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
The retract I showed is just the retract itself, the original strut was used, it is not spring loaded.
Dec 08, 2019, 12:01 AM
Quote:
The retract I showed is just the retract itself, the original strut was used, it is not spring loaded.
Thank you for your reply. Finally located them by following the link to Horizon Hobby. I read the few reviews there which were not so good.

How have these held up on your BF-109 application ?

I wonder if we could convince CNC Small Parts to produce an aluminum one for us like they did for the P-40 and Corsair ?

While I'm at it, I will email Custom RC Parts to see if they will be making an aluminum spinner base like they did for the P-51.
Last edited by Creative RC; Dec 08, 2019 at 06:58 AM.
Dec 08, 2019, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limodune
Guys
If you want to run 5s and enjoy the extra performance put an alloy disc on the front of the backing plate over the props
I keep a log of all flights and my Reggiane flying on 5s with the 109 back plate spinner and the larger prop has made 137 successful flights to date with O backing plate failure, I have broken a few props on nose over's but that is it

Mike
Is this the Hobby King plane and which motor do you have in it that was able to take the BF-109 spinner ?
Dec 08, 2019, 08:47 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative RC
Is this the Hobby King plane and which motor do you have in it that was able to take the BF-109 spinner ?
Huh? Really? "Hobby King"?
Dec 08, 2019, 09:02 AM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
The link I sent for the retract units is dead, they came from motion RC. These where really good so hope they still offer them. This plane is an FMS not HK
Dec 08, 2019, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Huh? Really? "Hobby King"?
Yes, previously posted is a photo of an Italian plane, Reggiane, using the FMS BF-109 spinner, on page 395, post 5913 and was wondering who made or supplied that plane and what motor he was using in it. When researching it, I saw that Hobby king had one some time ago, now discontinued.
Dec 08, 2019, 12:06 PM
Quote:
The link I sent for the retract units is dead, they came from motion RC. These where really good so hope they still offer them. This plane is an FMS not HK
Ok, will look there as well. Thank you. Although mine still work, I would like to upgrade to better retracts that don't have the slack that came with mine. The stock ones, however, have still worked fine so far despite the slack.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/e-retrac...1-t28-fmmre003 Maybe this is not the same as yours.

Yes, our BF-109 here is FMS, but there is a post and photo of an Italian plane, Reggiane, on page 395 and wondered who made it and what motor he put in it to be able to use the BF-109 spinnner.
Last edited by Creative RC; Dec 08, 2019 at 12:27 PM.
Dec 08, 2019, 12:53 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
I looked again at the motion site,these retracts just gone (
The horizon ones look a little different might be ok but wish the motion ones where still available. Sure glad I got these installed on the 2- 1400's I have, made them way more robust.
Dec 09, 2019, 07:34 AM
Fly it like you're in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative RC
Yes, previously posted is a photo of an Italian plane, Reggiane, using the FMS BF-109 spinner, on page 395, post 5913 and was wondering who made or supplied that plane and what motor he was using in it. When researching it, I saw that Hobby king had one some time ago, now discontinued.
Your right, it's HK.
He did a beautiful job!!
I found a post that might help
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13044
BTW... looks like a MOTROLFLY DM-4315-668kv
http://www.subsonicplanes.com/Motrolfly_Motors.html
Last edited by microlyn; Dec 09, 2019 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply