Apr 24, 2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randbo39
Have you decided on a motor to power it yet?
Ya I got a 42-50 800kv on 5s. Im hoping that does the job
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
What's 3D?
Thread OP
Just emailed Callie to see if she can sort out some decals for me, picked up a humbrol tin of desert sand, painted up a swatch, and off to the local bunnings to see if they can match it and do me a sample pot of acrylic.

Craig
Apr 25, 2012, 09:55 AM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumps
Just emailed Callie to see if she can sort out some decals for me, picked up a humbrol tin of desert sand, painted up a swatch, and off to the local bunnings to see if they can match it and do me a sample pot of acrylic.

Craig
Nice scheme!
Apr 25, 2012, 07:22 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Subscribed...Just ordered mine last week...Really hoping I don't need to buy a new motor for her...I love how hard the 109 is to land without scraping wings with that notorious short tracking and raking on the gear...My Parkzone 109 made me a better warbird flyer because of it. Love the overall looks, gear and flaps.

Thanks for pointing out this thread for me trumps...Enjoyed your videos!
Apr 25, 2012, 10:12 PM
Nice 109. My only possible comment would centre on the first photos of the motor armature. Geez! that is truly a Crappy wind job.
Rewinding that mess would likely increase efficiency/power by a sizable and definitely noticeable factor.
Apr 25, 2012, 10:32 PM
What's 3D?
Thread OP
For sure it's not the prettiest out there, all seemed secure though otherwise so buttoned her up and she runs fine, not bad speed wise either, will put a meter on it sometime to check the numbers.

Craig
Apr 26, 2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncebk2003
As nice as this models is,that enlarged vertical fin just really bugs me.I have a Parkzone 109 and it flies great.Granted the enlarged fin would improve directional control,but it's a warbird man!Not a cub.I dislike it when a designer will tweak an airframe to make it easier for the masses to fly.Sorry if that sounds critical,but I prefer a challenging aircraft.If a trainer is needed,then go get a trainer! Nuff said.
Instead of the F model they could have done a G10 which had the enlarged tail fitted and kept everyone happy.

BIW.
Apr 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
Has anyone flown there plane off a paved surface yet. If so hows the ground handling as far as the narrow track gear.
Apr 28, 2012, 08:39 PM
Most people are stupid!
I see wingtip protection in your future.... LOL
Apr 28, 2012, 08:51 PM
What's 3D?
Thread OP
Yup, maidened mine on bitumen runways, first landing wasn't perfect for sure, and grazed both tip TE's, was thinking of fibreglass tape in the area before painting her! Any other ideas or methods you guys can recommend?

Craig
Apr 28, 2012, 10:56 PM
My thought was to brush a light coat of epoxy on the last half an inch of the underside of the wing.
Apr 28, 2012, 11:05 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Yeah a real thin layer of epoxy on the wingtips has worked well for me in the past.
Apr 28, 2012, 11:13 PM
Another thing I might try is turning the brake on, hopefully that will keep the thing from trying to flat loop on a landing.
Apr 28, 2012, 11:25 PM
Could one of the Aussies let me know where the best place in Australia is to get one of these?
cheers
Apr 28, 2012, 11:27 PM
What's 3D?
Thread OP
Cheers guys, might give the epoxy a try, also a thin strip of lightweight glass cloth might make its way into the mix.

Thanks
Craig

Quick Reply