May 01, 2019, 10:02 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Maybe a suitable conversion candidate , the RED seems to come with the fake nacelles but both appear to have elevator and ailerons moulded which could be cut.
They seem to be approx the size of the Multiplex micro fox glider which many have converted to full RC.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...911256390.html

to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 06:05 AM

aguila2000

my new cessna, fixed slotted flaps (balsa) --- winglets and vortex generators -- fly like a bird -- v911 rx
May 22, 2019, 10:06 AM
Multi coloured foam Toss gliders above wouldn't be something I'd try and RC convert.
I have one (granddaughter).
It was inexpensive~2$ delivered, but beyond the tough - ish foam, it's surprisingly heavy and a sketchy airframe, despite it's pleasing appearance.
May 22, 2019, 11:12 AM
The smaller the better...
I bought both sizes of the colored gliders above. They have a large ball bearing under the canopy . It pries off(rubber cement) pretty easily. Remove it , install everything as far forward in that area then re-balance. The original weight for the smaller one (14") WS is 29gm. Approx 30.sq/in. So at 1gm per sq/in it should fly like a trainer type plane. Wing loading a bit to much for glider performance. It still should fly though.

aguila2000: Looking good sir.
Last edited by MegaByte-2; May 22, 2019 at 11:19 AM.
May 24, 2019, 01:27 PM

aguila2000

Micro Cessna Rc envergadura/wingspan 47cm - (1 min 30 sec)
May 24, 2019, 03:07 PM
That's a nice flying plane. ...slow and gentle.

Rick
May 26, 2019, 11:23 AM
aguila2000 - That is a nice flyer. Looks perfect for a small area.

On the colored gliders above, as foam goes that type is heavier than other types. There are lighter types than what it is made of.

I ordered one of those Fx737 types above. It looks like the lighter foam. Injected molded styrofoam? It doesn't look like EPP. Depending on its original weight I have a few Aeroace guts for differential thrust or a cpl sub 2gm servos. I couldn't find the one with the wing engines. That would have been a slick 3ch with a cpl 7-8mm motors tucked in the nacelles.
For $4.59 free shipping it was hard to go wrong.
May 27, 2019, 10:21 PM

aguila2000

thank you Ricomon and MegaByte-2

my goal was that ... to make a slow plane for small areas ...
There is a small park 200 meters away from My house where I can fly (here in Argentina we call it "plazas").

hey try this !
I invented it? ....perhaps
learned to fly with the center of gravity a little backward and when I get too close to a tree shot of the elevator and the rudder at the same time .... the plane looks like a skateboard that climbs to the top of a U-shaped ramp and then I drop it .... this movement is very fun!

Full throttle.... direct to a tree .... when I'm as close as 1 meter ---push the elevator to the maximum, while cutting the accelerator, then it will stall ... when the plane falls, pull to the right and accelerate ... ... the effect is that the plane will turn in the same place !

Those colorful planes look like good gliders! my cessna weight is 35 grams with battery
Last edited by aguila2000; May 27, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
Jun 07, 2019, 01:20 PM
My Seagull jet arrived today. Thought I'd post some specs for ppl that might want to give it a go.
A bit heavier than I hoped but usable I think.

Weight: 50gm
Wing Area: approx 50 sq/in
CG: 8.125 in from the nose( 206mm)
Foam: Reminds me more of the colored gliders above than injected styrofoam . Maybe EPP? Its a durable type and flexible. Injected styrofoam would have weighed much less and been more brittle.

It took a pinch of clay on the tail to get a nice test glide with no scalloping. Just a tad nose heavy as shipped. Gonna give it a go with dual 6mm motors & 50mm props (pusher) from an old AeroAce plane. The 1:1 weight to area will be more trainer characteristics than a glider. I doubt that the 6mm will be enough. The AeroAce jets were abt 30-35gm if memory is correct and with less drag. I'm guessing dual 7x14 or 7x20mm will be a much better fit or maybe an 8.5mm x 20mm in the tail.

You could split the fuse long ways and hollow it out. Not sure if that would be worth the effort. Same with cutting core sections from the main wing. then clear mylar over the opening with a carbon rod for support.

I'll get $4.59 worth of fun out of it. lol
Last edited by MegaByte-2; Jun 07, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
Aug 18, 2019, 04:03 AM
Thread OP
(Wrong quote, see below.)
Aug 18, 2019, 04:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
I may have found a solution to add a 3rd servo and a brushless motor to the V911 board with the possibility of running the motor on 2S .

I have "adapted" many brushed flight controllers to now use servos and a brushless motor instead of the intended 4x 0806 brushed motors and so thought i would now tackle the old favourite - the V911 heli board. The adaption is simple you take the signal from the resistor directly behind the Fet and use that to control your intended replacement , the signal tends to be just a simple PWM and so this suits our purposes perfectly.

Did this work?
Oct 03, 2019, 04:51 PM
People are at it again on facialbook converting cheap foamies with F929/F939/F949 bricks.

2€ chuck glider RC conversion (2 min 28 sec)
Last edited by FranciscoB; Oct 07, 2019 at 09:48 AM.
Oct 09, 2019, 01:49 PM
That brick hacking is mighty impressive.

Does anyone know if the tail motor driver of a standard 2 servo 4 channel heli does reverse?

Also I have put a HCP 80 brick into an air plane and am controlling it with a Hisky H6 TX.
I cant figure out how to turn off the gyro.
The switch does nothing.
I tried a lot, switching the channel of the TX and even flying it as a heli (so to have more options).
But nuttin'.
Could it be,that the gyro is not switch-offable?
Oct 09, 2019, 02:36 PM
Go small or go home
The tail motor driver does not do reverse. That much I know.

I have no idea about the gyro.
Jul 06, 2020, 04:02 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Anyone still using these boards in their micro airplanes? I've recently discovered these, and have acquired several over the last few weeks. I'm digging in to try my first twin motor plane, and have disabled the gyro on one of the boards as per the instructions in this thread. I have two motors hooked up, one going to M2 (main motor), and one going to M1 (tail motor).

This all works with one oddity - for some reason the tail motor output doesn't seem to do anything until I hit 50% on the throttle stick. Once I reach 50%, it starts running, and it seems like all of its total throttle travel exists between 50% and 100% stick - it is completely off at anything less than around 50% stick travel. The two throttle channels are set up identically, only one is outputting on channel 3 and the other is outputting on channel 4.

Is there something I'm missing on this?

Quick Reply