Aug 30, 2019, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdevlin
edf units finally arrived, so should I fit them and maiden the plane, no, I've started painting them instead! getting priorities a bit mixed up

Fans are fitted, and esc's in the wings, not far to go now to get this back in the air!
What motors did you decide on for the rebuild if you have not already mentioned it before..
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2019, 04:27 PM
all back together, everything works, ready for the very nervous maiden

4000mah 45c turnigy graphene 6 cell pack
Dr Mad Thrust 2200kv 1600w inrunners
changesun 10 blade fans
mrrcsound me262 sound unit with led gun flash
HK mains and nose wheel oleos and servoless retracts

Scheme loosely based on the ME262 squadron leader from Red Tails movie

All this before I see if it flies! must be mad!
Last edited by pmdevlin; Aug 31, 2019 at 04:38 PM.
Aug 31, 2019, 06:55 PM
Well done with the rebuild PM.... A work of art....I hope all goes well with the re-maiden..

This might make you smile..lol

Your not mad...No matter what he says..
Aug 31, 2019, 07:45 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
+1 great job !
Sep 03, 2019, 08:04 PM
Well it is a known good flying airframe, so your odds are extremely high. As long as all YOUR parts are done well/right....
So if you know that.... it is just going to fly perfectly fine and easily!!

Double/triple check everything!! Like Roll direction.... CofG.... battery locked in place etc.... hehe. The last thing you want is some user error!
Sep 03, 2019, 08:11 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Yep lol mine is best described as a “journey ARF “ lol , finally working but what a journey !
Sep 04, 2019, 02:46 AM
Ha ha will do!
Off work today but weather is 17mph wind Increasing so that's disappointing

Regarding cog I had the markings on my old wings and was at 125 to 130 I've set up the same but recommended is 115 to 120

Curious to know what others are at?
Sep 04, 2019, 07:56 PM
I had always used 115mm and it was fine. Though I could see out to 120mm could have been a faction of use.
There are various trade-offs in different CofG's - all I see is more negatives than positives for more rearwards. The big one being worse stall behaviour (exponentially worse per mm more rearwards) - so it you do encounter that, you will wish it was more nose heavy then! Though most stall cases are when landing, and not much altitude, so not a lot of hope for any case....
Or.... flying around, in 'bad stalling' type aircraft - like a DC-3, which have a seriously bad stall process..... so the more tail heavy it is, it really shows up and can be stalled in 'never saw it coming' ways much easier. So some aircraft it is of notable importance to keep them away from more diabolical stall behaviour.

For the Me-262, the underslung thrust lines 'add' into tail heavier negative costs. They are already promoting 'arcing upwards', such as on take-offs which are slowish speeds and high thrust. Nose Heavier offsets that. Not that you go Nose Heavier JUST for that, it is just a benefit it adds in this case.
At 115mm it is fully manoueverable - even at 4.0Kg that mine was. Fully to SCALE and more.... not 'hyper-mad overly light foam jet' type! So that 115mm was no negative in that respect. And no Landing AoA issues either.
Sep 06, 2019, 06:45 PM
We Begin bombing in 5 Minutes
This video about the new 262 is really interesting
Messerschmitt Me-262 - FHM Restoration Sneak Peek & Full Presentation (1 hr 36 min 27 sec)
Latest blog entry: Freewing V2 Me 262 revival
Sep 07, 2019, 10:27 AM
Some nice flying... take off... landing.... manner.... video.

Messerschmitt ME 262 - Legend Flyers - Test flights (8 min 56 sec)
Sep 07, 2019, 01:01 PM
awesome
Sep 07, 2019, 02:43 PM
It does not have to say, this plane had beautiful lines for me. it has not been more beautiful since jet like the Spitfire for propeller aircraft.
Sep 07, 2019, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cri.cri56
It does not have to say, this plane had beautiful lines for me. it has not been more beautiful since jet like the Spitfire for propeller aircraft.
I agree with what you say too.... Who knows what they would have produced after the war..win or lose....to beat the looks of the 262

History reveals we will never know...unless ...what came out of the USA after the war was influenced by German technicians that moved to America.
Sep 17, 2019, 08:38 PM
I ordered one today, I have always liked the ME - 262. I still a have new GWS kit somewhere lol.
Sep 19, 2019, 12:49 AM

It flies again!

Finally, it went up yesterday, but could have all ended in disaster, the rotation really caught me out, it leapt up in a few feet, I suppose that's where the 6 cell conversion came in with enough grunt to get going! I think I got caught out with some bumps that made the nose go light.

First go was at 120mm for cog, it was way too nose heavy, probably due to all the mods its had, and a number of nose retract mounting repairs. Im at 128mm now, and it could still go another couple of mm

This was just an easy trim test, but went well, except for the battery, its 4000mah 45c graphene, 3.30 minutes on the timer, and it came down very low, 3.1v per cell, luckily just caught it, that's a very amp hungry bird

Dynam ME262 EDF Jet with Mrrcsound unit (4 min 36 sec)
Last edited by pmdevlin; Sep 19, 2019 at 01:15 AM.

Quick Reply