What car is this? - RC Groups
Apr 16, 2012, 06:38 PM
Help!

What car is this?

Hi, a while back a friend of mine was moving away and gave me this old RC car. I took it to a local hobby shop to see what it was. They never really answered my question but told me it was rare and worth something. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I have here and how much it is worth. Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2012, 07:30 AM
Newbie rc junkie
I don't know bud,sorry I couldn't help you. But I sure wish I had a friend like that. Mine want stuff not give it.
Apr 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
It's an old Tamiya. I found it here http://www.classic.rc-junkies.net/?p=690#more-690 someone transplanted a AE goldpan battery tray on it.
Apr 17, 2012, 05:53 PM
Dude, thanks. Any idea what i could get for it?
Apr 18, 2012, 09:43 AM
Not really. Rc is kinda fuzzy when it comes to worth. Depends on how popular it was, did it do well in a major event, overall condition, correct electronics and parts and so on. It also depends on the collector and if they have a need or a soft spot for the vehicle. I wouldn't even know where to start trying to sell it. Google for collectors would be a good start.