Oct 01, 2013, 11:47 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
Yeah i will get it to you soon.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2013, 07:06 PM
Thread OP
I was just going over the plans with Ken is preparation for the D7 Kit! Well i am working on a method to run the servo extension wires in the center layer so it is not visible from the outside.

I am also working on making the LED in the nose part of the standard kit.

Here is the light i used in the Prototype - https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Strip_Red.html

It is very bright and very cheap! $1.30!! Buy 10!!!
Oct 09, 2013, 03:42 PM

D7 skins

Just a teaser on the current progress of the D7 skins. The upper wing (shown) is about done. It's a combination on the old school (the insignia and eventually the warbird on the bottom) and the more "modern" movie version with some artistic license thrown in. True old school would be just gray with some insignia. If your going to bother putting on skins there should be some detail involved don't you think?
Oct 09, 2013, 03:47 PM
Thread OP
I am digging those groovy panel lines!!
Oct 09, 2013, 05:52 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Looking sweet!

Ken
Jan 02, 2014, 02:57 PM

D7 Skins Update

The lower wing is now ready. I have two versions. "Old School" and "Warbird". I pulled back the transparency level to 75% in effect fading the insignia to allow the panel lines to show through on Warbird. Don't know which I like better. Warbird does have an orientational flight advantage. Offer both? With the wings done the easy part is over.
Jan 02, 2014, 03:24 PM
Thread OP
Warbird for sure. I love that look. Plus it definitely adds to the orientation. That can be a big problem with these scale looking planes.

I don't think anyone will complain if it has the warbird insignia.

Talked to Ken earlier about the D7, The Prototype kit is almost ready to cut!
Jan 06, 2014, 01:01 PM
Wow, I really like this. A must have!!!!
Jan 06, 2014, 02:57 PM
I'm thinking the "warbird" is a Romulan color scheme, not Klingon. Would'nt want to offend anyone. I'm just say'in since this plane was by special request of the Klingon Clans of Ohio. Would'nt want to have a bat'leth "accident". Anybody have any opinion on this?
Jan 06, 2014, 03:17 PM
Thread OP
Those guys didn't even show up last year to talk to me at Toledo! I think it is typical of Klingon Propaganda they they talk a big game but in the end fall short.
Jan 06, 2014, 04:37 PM
Destroyer of foamies

I'm thinking the Romulan ship from The Balance of Terror wears that scheme.

Bat'leths never have accidents...

Beautiful design anyway, and I fully sympathize with the Yaw instability problems, my SU-47 was nightmarish.
Jan 06, 2014, 05:51 PM
So based on a bit more research and a few discussions with more of my trekker friends else where on the web think I will do two D7's. A grey Klingon version (as per the old school proofs on the previous posts) without the warbird since it is NOT correct for a proper Klingon D7 and a Romulan version with the warbird since it would be correct (see attached screen grab) and I have way too much work vested in the war bird insignia at this point not too. With that here are the new upper and lower wing proofs now in TOS Romulan green.
Jan 06, 2014, 06:37 PM
Thread OP
Interesting. Now I need to decide which to build. I am not going to build both but as long as you are fine with 2 skin options, so am I.

I really like that warbird though. And the orientation benefits are very big too. Sorry Klingon dude. I gotta go with the Romulan now.
Feb 06, 2014, 09:32 PM

Romulan D7 Progress

Just the forward horizontal fuse and horizontal bridge area to go!
Feb 07, 2014, 10:42 AM
Thread OP
Looks AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see the final version.

I found this cool video of a lit D7.

WIP Polar Lights 1/1000 Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser (0 min 56 sec)

Quick Reply