Apr 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Cool

Klingon D7 - By Special Request of the Klingon Clans of Ohio

I took all my stuff to the Toledo RC Show and got a table to show them off. It went great. Tons of people stopped to talk, hundreds commented on how cool they were, some just shook their heads and walked by.

Then a short old guy with a funny mustache and beard stopped to chat. First question... "Where are all the Klingon Ships?" I told him about my Bird of Prey, showed him my video, then he tells me he is the Grand Poobah or something of the Klingons Clans of Ohio or something!!

I realized that i definitely am not representing the Klingons properly in my designs so here goes.

The Klingon D7 Battlecruiser. 24" Span, 44" Long. I will put in my typical motor and all that. Kinda geeked about the design. And it is going to be a simple build. I might just have to build it this week...

I just hope i get the approval of the Klingons. They can be bad enemies...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2012, 05:53 AM
The world in foam & tissue
Sweet! That was fast Dennis!
I shall be the first to officially pester you for plans and flight video.
The ultimate question now will be who will post the first flight video with the Enterprise A and a D7 doing a little "dogfight" action!
Skins will start next week as I have a business trip to Cleveland for 5 dyas with lots of hotel down time.
Apr 16, 2012, 06:05 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
SGT , you’re just a “Fountain" of spacecraft !!!

"May the Foam be with you" !!!!!!
Apr 19, 2012, 11:08 PM

Airframe Complete!

Finished up the main part of the build tonight. Just need to add electronics.

It actually went together really well. Right from the plans!

Plans will be released after it flies. This one might be a kit too!
Apr 20, 2012, 05:23 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Looks very cool Dennis!

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Apr 20, 2012, 07:03 AM
That's awesome! Once again a wonderful job.
Can't wait for the flight footage!
Qapla'!
Apr 20, 2012, 09:27 AM
Ships of the Line circa TNG.
Apr 20, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Dennis,
The D7 is just butt kicking good looking. Yaw stability might be too close to the "Nuetral Zone" HAHA!, seriously though. I am looking forward to seeing it fly.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Apr 20, 2012, 10:15 AM
Crazy Foamie Builder
awesome and crazy as usual!
Apr 20, 2012, 10:40 AM
Amazing work.
erm ..maybe it's time to get rid of the TV
Apr 20, 2012, 11:25 AM
Can I stop all the other skin projects and start on this?!?!?
It keeps calling me.....
Apr 20, 2012, 11:38 AM
I think you might have a problem with finishing things Steve.

Aren't you almost done with the -A? And the Tron ship... and , and and...

I have to see if this one flies first. Although i have been on a pretty good roll lately. We will know this weekend if the weather stays nice.

I agree that it looks great though. Wing (Horizontal) area is definitely less than my other planes. Not sure if that will be a problem or not.
Apr 20, 2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
I think you might have a problem with finishing things Steve. Aren't you almost done with the -A? And the Tron ship... and , and and...
Yes to all the above! Never rush true art!
Can I get an "Amen" gpw?
For me, inspiration is rarely a linear process. If it was I'd be an engineer!

Besides, if everyone who had multiple or unfinished project going on left RCG, the rest of you three (whoever you are) would have a jolly old time I'm sure.
Hey! I did finish my FiddlersGreen P-40. Just need to maiden it.

Dude, I just want to see a "pair" fly! Enterprise and D-7 together would be great! Viper skins are ready to go BTW. That will be a quick pair with the cylon....when your ready...
Apr 20, 2012, 12:39 PM
Actually this is something that has been bugging me lately. I have dozens of spacecraft designs. Literally. We are approaching the 3 dozen mark!

I have at least 25 people that are part of my flying group.

Not a single one of them has built one of my planes. Ken "Almost" built a Star Destroyer.

Maybe i am over estimating how awesome my spacecraft are. I mean, the guy that does the skins for me, arguably the biggest fan i have has zero flying versions of my planes....

Maybe it is just me though.

So the chances of me getting any video with more than one of my planes flying is about zero.

I was thinking about taking them all out to the field and doing a nice HQ video of them all flying on the same day same weather and all that, then stringing it all together so it is all in one. My 2 main video friends never fly anymore though. They are both way too busy. SO....
Apr 20, 2012, 03:59 PM
Crazy Foamie Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
Actually this is something that has been bugging me lately. I have dozens of spacecraft designs. Literally. We are approaching the 3 dozen mark!

I have at least 25 people that are part of my flying group.

Not a single one of them has built one of my planes. Ken "Almost" built a Star Destroyer.

Maybe i am over estimating how awesome my spacecraft are. I mean, the guy that does the skins for me, arguably the biggest fan i have has zero flying versions of my planes....

Maybe it is just me though.

So the chances of me getting any video with more than one of my planes flying is about zero.

I was thinking about taking them all out to the field and doing a nice HQ video of them all flying on the same day same weather and all that, then stringing it all together so it is all in one. My 2 main video friends never fly anymore though. They are both way too busy. SO....
you need a new group then! i'm flying the Viper next week!