Thread Tools
Sep 14, 2012, 09:08 PM
Registered User
Jay, very jealous my friend - look forward to seeing the mk2 version at the field.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2012, 12:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimNZ View Post
Jay, very jealous my friend - look forward to seeing the mk2 version at the field.
Simon! You're on here! You gonna give everyone a peek at the airwolf weapon system? Guys SIMnz is one of the guys that got me into scale helis! hehe. my wife blames him.

heres the blackhawk build thread too bro. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post22023475
Last edited by JayNZ; Sep 15, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
Sep 15, 2012, 12:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Buddy

Good news for you I'm glad that at least the money is back, still from the head and the attitude off the suppler.
Thanks a bunch guys! Ordered head, so hopefully smooth sailing from here. Where can I get the apache rotor sensor for the head?

thanks
Buddy

Jay, really diggin the cockpit man!!! nice touch of class........ Smooth with the LED's.
Sep 15, 2012, 02:19 AM
Registered User
Sure Jay, slightly off topic but here it is

RC Airwolf 50 Size With Retractable Machine Guns (0 min 48 sec)
Sep 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
CW4
CW4
Registered User
Quote:
Where can I get the apache rotor sensor for the head?
Here you go:

http://www.fine-scalemodela.com/ah-64-apache2.html
Sep 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimNZ View Post
Sure Jay, slightly off topic but here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ryfBEo6s3g&feature=plcp
damn that classy bro. love it.
Sep 15, 2012, 09:25 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
I was looking at that, but not sure it would fit? I dont see a set screw under it? Do you have one? How does it work?
Sep 16, 2012, 12:59 AM
CW4
CW4
Registered User
Quote:
I was looking at that, but not sure it would fit? I dont see a set screw under it? Do you have one? How does it work?
Yeah I bought one. It doesn't come with a set screw but has a 3mm threaded hole in the bottom for one. I am planning on just cutting the head off of a 3x12mm socket head bolt and using that. I figure I can put some loctite on each end, thread one end all the way into the sensor and then thread the sensor into the top of the rotor head.
Sep 16, 2012, 01:59 AM
Registered User
Dubro 3mm long grub. that way you can set the screw into the head first and make sure its not oscillating incorrectly. then screw the sensor down onto it., or course, some blue loctite is a must.
Sep 16, 2012, 11:11 AM
CW4
CW4
Registered User
Quote:
Dubro 3mm long grub.
3mm long? That seems far too short to attach the sensor to the head. Only 1.5mm on each side?
Sep 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
3mm long? That seems far too short to attach the sensor to the head. Only 1.5mm on each side?
Hi Guys, just a idea

Please take a 3mm bolt, length 16mm glue it in the radar dome with approx 8mm sticking out of the dome.
After drying of the glue, cut off the head of the bolt, clean up the tread and screw it in your main head.
You need about 6mm tread for in your head.

Jan,
Last edited by Horseman; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: I was maybe a bit rude sorry
Sep 16, 2012, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
3mm long? That seems far too short to attach the sensor to the head. Only 1.5mm on each side?
No, a 3mm "long grub" its 10mm long. my bad grammar. but jans idea is much less mucking around buying screws so i say go that way.
Last edited by JayNZ; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Sep 16, 2012, 04:58 PM
Registered User
http://www.robcon-rc.com/Pages/ScaleMechanics.aspx

this mechanics look awesome. I want!!! I can't find were to order it!
Sep 16, 2012, 11:10 PM
Robcon Inc.
reaper31's Avatar

Robcon mechanics


That is our mechanics. They are in the final stages of completion. They have been run up to full speed successully on tuesday they will fly in my apache for the first time. I do not expect any problems we will have them out at scale masters in ca in the next few weeks and (hopefully) have them ready for preorder. They should be ready to be under the tree for xmas.
They feature high quality kde parts and upgraded bearings and hardware
We are keeping the details off the forums untill we have the design finished.
Will post some pics post flight this week. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Sep 17, 2012, 03:05 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper31 View Post
That is our mechanics. They are in the final stages of completion. They have been run up to full speed successully on tuesday they will fly in my apache for the first time. I do not expect any problems we will have them out at scale masters in ca in the next few weeks and (hopefully) have them ready for preorder. They should be ready to be under the tree for xmas.
They feature high quality kde parts and upgraded bearings and hardware
We are keeping the details off the forums untill we have the design finished.
Will post some pics post flight this week. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Hi Stan, Welcome to the build thread. glad to have some of your products on my apache!

Which apache have you designed these mechanics for? i would assume the indiehelis kit?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log TF 1/8th Scale P-47 Build; Going For Detail LuftM40 Fuel Warbirds 459 Feb 21, 2017 11:26 AM
Mini-HowTo DIY Cascade Tail Rotor for AH-64 Apache (450 size) BlackTitanium Scale Helicopters 4 Sep 28, 2014 04:47 PM
Sold AH-64 Apache Fiberglass Aerodyne Kit 500 size blue7.62 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Apr 28, 2012 08:44 PM
Sold Syma S009g Apache AH-64 3 Channel Coax $25.00 Shipped Jake8131 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 29, 2012 04:17 PM