Apr 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

dx6i or graupner mx-12 hott

Hi, i want buy new radio - dx6i or graupner mx-12 hott. Which do you think is better? I fly with easy glider and normal models, so dx6i is as good for me as graupner if i talk about functions. I have blade msr, which i could set to the dx6i but graupner has got telemetry. So what i should buy?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej561
Hi, i want buy new radio - dx6i or graupner mx-12 hott. Which do you think is better? I fly with easy glider and normal models, so dx6i is as good for me as graupner if i talk about functions. I have blade msr, which i could set to the dx6i but graupner has got telemetry. So what i should buy?
I have the MX-12 and I have to say that it is fantastic. There is nothing this radio can't do. I can't say anything about the DX6, but I know I love my MX-12 and I will not trade it. The telemetry is really handy, and the stick movement is twice as precise as the Spectrum.
Apr 16, 2012, 11:05 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Originally Posted by a Famous Hobbiest
The Best Radio For You Is The Radio That Fits In Your Hands & You Enjoy Using
With that said visit LHS, visit flying club and see what they are using, get a feel for both radios.
Apr 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
The mx-12 is the more up-to-date, more capable system and if you want to use telemetry, this is the system you want. If you want to fly BNF models which require DSM2 or DSMX, or want to use cheap "orange" rx, you need to buy Spektrum. I decided to buy both systems.

Jürgen
Apr 17, 2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
I would spent the extra $ and get the DX7S.
Apr 17, 2012, 09:28 AM
I believe that the Spectrum also does not have programmable stick modes, its either 1 or 2.
Apr 17, 2012, 01:04 PM
Would help if we knew where you are in the world.

With JR releasing the XG6 (and others), they may fit your requirements as well as the DX6i and MX12
Apr 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Hi, I have recently purchased a Graupner MX-20 and am using it with a 1/4 scale glider. Installed is aGR-24 reciever and GPS/vario sensor. I have used over the years Futaba in pre computer days, JR 388S was my first computer set and Spektrum DX7 when 2.4 arrived. They have all been good radios but I needed to upgrade number of channels and also wanted spoken telemetry so MX-20 was my choice. So far I am extremely impressed and seem to be finding new features on it all the time. If telemetry is in your requirements, the advantages of having it combined in the set is that all warnings, batt voltages (transmitter & reciever), temperatures, reciever signal strength & so & so on will overide any other audios you are running, such as in my case a vario/gps giving me tones and altitudes.

Got to way up your requirements to make your choice, All the radios will do a job but there's a big difference in spec between a DX6i and a Graupner Hott system. It's worth thinking about what you might need in the future, a 6i is fine with a lot of ordinary size fixed wing models but is that what you will always do?

Good luck with your choice.

Quick Reply