Apr 14, 2012, 12:21 PM
Morning Light Mountain
Thread OP
Alert

Thief at the Toledo show NOW

Pulling the video for now. I supposedly have his name and phone number and will let the vendor in the video deal with him. Let justice be done!

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Last edited by badbill; Apr 16, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2012, 01:42 PM
Gravity sucks.
Catch this guy before he steals my display model too!
Apr 14, 2012, 01:58 PM
Morning Light Mountain
Thread OP
Here is a pic of him at the show taken TODAY. In the blue shirt, with an AMA purse slung over his shoulder. Same outfit he had on at Perry!

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Last edited by badbill; Apr 16, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Apr 14, 2012, 03:09 PM

thief

Could someone show the video to the show security or have him stopped for possible theft ? This may be an intrusion but I would think they may have an interest in this guy. Somebody has to recognize him from this shot. Good luck in your quest. This guy needs a attitude adjustment .
Frank
Apr 14, 2012, 05:36 PM
Just got back after I wasnt going.

He probably had a nice time stealing at the Toledo show...
Apr 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
man... im all for busting a thief... and hanging them out to dry.... but I couldn't say 100% those are the same people...

in fact... at 9 seconds in the theft video you can see that is clearly a different shirt.... while they are both blue and white... the theft video shirt has a white stripe on the shoulder... the snap shot about does not... they snap shot pic has a white stripe in the collar but the video does not. look closely.
Apr 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
RC boat Rock Star
In the Perry video he may have had someone else distracting the seller while he was at the other end getting a 5-finger discount, a common tactic.
Apr 14, 2012, 07:26 PM
I think its hard to pass judgment if thats the guy or not based on such pixelated video. It could be but I dont think it is.

How much could one really steal from a show? Doesnt the cost and risk involved outweigh the "reward"? Plus thats quite a drive to just steal stuff...
Apr 15, 2012, 01:30 PM
Morning Light Mountain
Thread OP
I was face to face with him for quite a while while waiting for the security guards in Perry after I caught him stealing the helicopter kit. Plus, two other people that were with me in Perry were in Toledo and all of us have made a positive identification. Not only is it def him, wearing the exact same clothes carrying the same damn purse. Yes, he probably cleaned house in Toledo.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Apr 15, 2012, 02:42 PM
RC boat Rock Star
There probably aren't a lot of people surfing the 'net at the show so hopefully somebody at the RCG booth got the word out.
Apr 15, 2012, 03:28 PM
What a pos.
Apr 15, 2012, 03:42 PM
Dirt Bag! Post this on You Tube, someone knows em'. What about the local news, can they air it? I'm sure he's a member of one of these sites....Post it on them all!
Apr 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
RC boat Rock Star
The sad thing is that if Security tried to pop him it would be hard to prove that he didn't pay for the stuff! If you bought anything at the show, how many receipts did you get? Me, none, but most of what I bought was at 1 booth and paid cash.
Unless he was on a video then he could walk away free as a bird and he knows it.
Apr 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
What he's doing just isn't right :-(
Apr 15, 2012, 08:49 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Somebody will know who he is, the word just has to get around. A lot of these dealers tour the swap meets and should be on the look-out for him. He more than likely has people that he hangs with, doing whatever he does when not ripping dealers off. That's not the type of person that I'd want to do anything RC with as you'd have to watch your own stuff wherever he goes.

Quick Reply