Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old May 16, 2012, 02:58 PM
Kenny Sharp is online now
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
My packet came too, when I checked my mail last night... I think it was a mistake.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
djensen is offline
Find More Posts by djensen
Spins With Gliders
djensen's Avatar
... or perhaps it gives you more motivation to place well at your next contest??
Old May 17, 2012, 06:12 AM
Kenny Sharp is online now
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djensen View Post
... or perhaps it gives you more motivation to place well at your next contest??
No... I don't need any extra motivation.
I'm already obsessive.

So it is a mistake, right?... Or did somebody decide to count the CRRC Hand Launch Classic?

I'm betting it was a mistake.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:57 AM
djensen is offline
Find More Posts by djensen
Spins With Gliders
djensen's Avatar
... nevermind ...
Old May 17, 2012, 09:57 AM
rdwoebke is online now
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
rdwoebke's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
No... I don't need any extra motivation.
I'm already obsessive.

So it is a mistake, right?... Or did somebody decide to count the CRRC Hand Launch Classic?

I'm betting it was a mistake.
Kenny,

Every person in the team program gets a package. I got a package and I haven't flown a hand launch contest since the Bush administration. The AMA sends those out as a way to keep in communication with the people who are interested in FAI teams (AKA in the team programs).


Ryan
Old May 17, 2012, 10:14 AM
Kenny Sharp is online now
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
Kenny,

Every person in the team program gets a package. I got a package and I haven't flown a hand launch contest since the Bush administration. The AMA sends those out as a way to keep in communication with the people who are interested in FAI teams (AKA in the team programs).




Ryan
I got entry forms for the team select contest.... and the contest on friday.
Is this standard practice?
Old May 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
rdwoebke is online now
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
rdwoebke's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
I got entry forms for the team select contest.... and the contest on friday.
Is this standard practice?
I'm thinking yes. I'll double check my packet tonight if you like. I briefly glanced at it last week.

Ryan
Old May 17, 2012, 10:23 AM
Kenny Sharp is online now
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
I'm thinking yes. I'll double check my packet tonight if you like. I briefly glanced at it last week.

Ryan
That would be cool if you did... but either way it would be a mistake to think that I qualified.

But since I wasn't sure, I thought I should make it public... even though it's a bit embarrassing.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:36 AM
Kenny Sharp is online now
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
It would be a lot more embarrassing to assume I qualified, buy a plane ticket, show up, and get asked why I am there.

At least I could be an official observer... and make myself useful.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
rdwoebke is online now
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
rdwoebke's Avatar
Since you are well tuned into the goings on with the team qualification process on the internet I'm thinking you won't do that.

Ryan
Old May 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
Kenny Sharp is online now
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
Since you are well tuned into the goings on with the team qualification process on the internet I'm thinking you won't do that.

Ryan
Well, you are a very smart guy.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:08 AM
rdwoebke is online now
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
rdwoebke's Avatar
I will make it a point to check what I received in that letter tonight and post here.

Regarding booking a flight to a contest you are note entered in, I bet that has happened before. Unfortunately. I almost did it once myself.

Ryan
Old May 17, 2012, 12:01 PM
Kenny Sharp is online now
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
I showed up one time for a contest that had been canceled.
I left Thursday night, drove 600 miles, and found out Saturday morning it was canceled.

The word went out Thursday night, but I didn't get the memo... After that I got a smartphone to stay connected.

Whoops.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:02 PM
KevinSharbonda is offline
Find More Posts by KevinSharbonda
Make Flying Fun
Kenny, chill out.
You got something for your 20 bucks so quit crying.
Knuckle head!
Old May 17, 2012, 01:35 PM
Kenny Sharp is online now
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinSharbonda View Post
Kenny, chill out.
You got something for your 20 bucks so quit crying.
Knuckle head!
Yeah, I was thinking about mounting the entry forms in a picture frame and hanging it up on my wall.

Must be nice to be retired.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest 2012 US F3F Team Selections...May 4th,5th, and 6th .... Brandon Multi Task F3X 315 May 30, 2012 11:45 AM
Discussion 2012 US F3J Team Kiesling Multi Task F3X 14 Dec 23, 2011 04:56 PM
Discussion USA F5D Pylon Team selection contest! sneu High Performance 17 Oct 25, 2011 10:14 AM
Competition 2012 US FAI-F5B Team Selection Contest, September 24&25, San Diego, CA Prof. Maneuver Electric Flight Events 0 Aug 17, 2011 03:06 PM
Discussion US F3B Team Select Pheasant Sailplane Talk 6 Aug 28, 2006 04:29 PM