M
Mine too....

Sean
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2012, 03:49 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
Originally Posted by djensen
I'm not saying you have to call out so loudly that the whole field can hear. I'm saying that the official timer should be close enough to the timer/helper that the pilot shouldn't have to increase his volume much if any, yet still not be in the way.
Dave, this needs to be specified in more detail, as there are guaranteed to be cases when the official timer will not hear the nomination. If the pilot and his helper are not responsible for making sure the official knows the nominations, it is one thing. If the official timer MUST know the nomination for every flight, there has to be a protocol specified for that. Either the pilot is responsible and he has to see the official's acknowledgement of the nomination before each launch. Or the helper is responsible for communicating the nomination to the official timer soon after every launch, verbally or by showing the score card with the nomination written down, as George mentioned.
Jun 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
Spins With Gliders
Thread OP
Agreed -- good points.
Jun 26, 2012, 06:15 PM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Three people in close proximity to the launch is not a good idea regardless of the field size. I like the written idea a lot. Strategy changes if you know others bids.
Jun 26, 2012, 06:35 PM
Bruce Davidson
Poker was handled simply at the worlds. The official timer looked at the helpers card after he wrote the call down. While the official timers were not supposed to talk to the pilot and helper we were allowed to look at his watch to make sure we were in sync.

Bruce
Jun 26, 2012, 07:31 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
I thought 5 mins at BSOC was OK but did feel rushed a couple of times. Adding more time might help people but they might not take good advantage of it anyway. Your call boss!!

I will be sending in my form shortly. Wanted to make sure I survived BSOC with both planes before committing 100%. For those that didn't attend BSOC, you missed one heck of an event. Lots of heat and challenging conditions made it fun and tough. A TS like that would be epic!!
Jun 26, 2012, 07:59 PM
Jim C
Well, I hope I am showing as one of the nine so far. So with that, I hope we get to four groups with three or four minutes of space between landing and warm up.

That format or similar makes it easier to time for more pilots if needed while still being able to get ready and handle small issues.

Cmon Sept
Jun 26, 2012, 10:09 PM
usaf3kteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom43004
Three people in close proximity to the launch is not a good idea regardless of the field size. I like the written idea a lot. Strategy changes if you know others bids.
Tom if you make the team it will more than likely be three on the field at all times. You are right it was hard to do but we were able to do it, it felt weird.
Jun 29, 2012, 10:15 AM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
F3K Team selection contest entry form complete, $100 paid, and registered with Colleen. I am in! Now to arrange travel.

Guys, did someone mention (Dave) that we would be able to send our gliders over ahead of time via FedEx, UPS, Parcel Post etc.? I would be interested in taking advantage of such an offer if one is available.

See you all labor day.

Mike
Jun 29, 2012, 10:18 AM
Spins With Gliders
Thread OP
Yes, we'll definitely be able to offer that service. Whomever is interested, please PM either Dave Runyon (Launch-1) or myself, and we'll get it done for you.
Jun 29, 2012, 12:24 PM
Awesome! Thanks guys. I will be in touch. Likely that Sean Porter and myself will team up to reduce the number of boxes and costs and such...

See you soon.

M
Jun 29, 2012, 06:01 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit, I
F3K Team selection contest entry form complete and mailed...........

See ya Labor Day Weekend!
Jul 02, 2012, 09:14 PM
Spins With Gliders
Thread OP
OK! Qualification period is over, and those of you who are heading to the TS contest should be getting your registration forms sent in to the AMA soon!

I'll be getting updates from Colleen frequently from now till July 31, and will be updating the registration data as I receive it. The TS Roster is now active and current. If your information isn't listed correctly, please either PM me here or e-mail me using the e-mail link on the TS site.

A note about food -- We are using the same caterer that has served us at BSOC for the past 3 years, and we've been very pleased with their service. Food will cost $15 per day, and includes a breakfast burrito as well as a really nice lunch. They serve really good veggie meals as well. You can sign up for meals for the entire contest duration on the TS site... and they'll only be available by pre-purchase.

And finally, there's the High Planes Drifter -- the pre-TS contest. Registration is now open for that contest as well, again on the TS site. The High Planes Drifter (HPD) will run August 31, and will start at 9:00 am. There's no "qualification" necessary to fly this contest -- anybody is welcome to join in. We'll fly till about 3:00 pm, and will end with awarding of prizes for the top finishers. As with the TS contest, HPD registration closes July 31. No late entries will be allowed.

One last note... the points process for the next cycle has begun. These two contests, since they're AMA-sanctioned should count for points. I haven't gotten confirmation on that, yet, but I believe that will be the case.

f3kts.zapto.org

ps - if you see any issues on the web page, or need more information somewhere, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Jul 06, 2012, 10:23 AM
Great idea David to make the TS and the HPD TS qualifiers. Make sure that both of these contests are on the F3K league calendar as TS contests - PM Ryan and that should cross all T's and dot all i's.

See you labor day..

Mike
Jul 06, 2012, 10:36 AM
RC Sailplane Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
Great idea David to make the TS and the HPD TS qualifiers. Make sure that both of these contests are on the F3K league calendar as TS contests - PM Ryan and that should cross all T's and dot all i's.
I added them bot to the calendar.

http://f3k.us/page3.html

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons

Quick Reply