UAS Test Pilot
Thread OP
Discussion

FPV pylon racing?

Anyone tried it?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2012, 07:33 AM
This video comes to my mind
FPV RACE (full trac, 7 gates) (4 min 28 sec)

... and this FPV contest
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1460865

I have seen several RC Groups topics and videos on FPV pylon racing, you can try using search feature here or on youtube & vimeo.
Apr 13, 2012, 01:12 PM
the danger in doing it for real is that there are countless pilots that can't keep planes going 30mph from hitting objects out of camera view in turns now.

everybody'd need head tracking & way wider angle lens's than normal.

thats... if you want to do some actual speed to it. if you just wanted to float around at stall speed like the tatu (lols) video obviously you can get away with less
Apr 13, 2012, 01:43 PM
wac
wac
dont forget about the Cow and Bull air race
2011 Cow & Bull Air Race - FPV Air Racing - Amazing Video!!! by Got Aerial llc. (4 min 19 sec)

Also im trying to get some funding and sponsorship for a FPV air race, I was hoping to have it this spring but it looking more like September.
FPV Air Racing Teaser - by Got Aerial llc. www.gotaerial.com (1 min 39 sec)
Apr 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
Just dog tired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme
the danger in doing it for real is that there are countless pilots that can't keep planes going 30mph from hitting objects out of camera view in turns now.

everybody'd need head tracking & way wider angle lens's than normal.

thats... if you want to do some actual speed to it. if you just wanted to float around at stall speed like the tatu (lols) video obviously you can get away with less
I don't see that as too much of a problem. P&T plus HT is not all that uncommon already, and wide angle lenses are certainly available. I think the possibility of plane to plane crashes makes it much more fun and challenging than it would otherwise be anyway.
Jan 19, 2013, 10:41 AM
New Beeeeee
I have but nobody is ready on my end.

Quick Reply