Apr 12, 2012, 10:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My plane will not work...

Hello

I have a me109 never flown.I went to use it the other day and the motor will not work.I am new to flying so I have no idea why this happened.The plane is a parkzone plane,new last year never flown.Does this happen often?Any help would be great.Oh yah everything else works,like rudder,flaps just not the motor.
Last edited by GUSTAV6; Apr 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: added more info
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2012, 10:39 PM
Perhaps the ESC is just not arming; how do you power it up? Transmitter power, throttle minimum, then flight battery to ESC? Does the ESC beep?
Apr 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
AMA 937634
Is the battery fully charged?

-Mike
Apr 13, 2012, 12:05 AM
It must have a machinegun
Some speed controllers make a different beeping tone when they are waiting to be armed (by a low throttle signal). Is it making any noise?
Try pulling the throttle trim down a bit. Sometimes the throttle signal is just not low enough to arm.
Is the speed controller plugged into the correct socket in the receiver?
Did the motor ever work before?
Apr 13, 2012, 12:05 AM
Charge your transmitter and receiver fully. If your receiver and transmitter require binding, have you done it properly? Move the throttle stick to the off position, Turn on the transmitter first, then connect the battery pack to the speed control, you should hear some beeps. Move the throttle stick toward the top of the transmitter, motor should run. If motor runs OK, if not, try other controls. Check connections from motor to speed control, if one or more wires is not connected/bad solder joint, motor won't run. Make sure speed control is plugged onto the correct pins on receiver with the correct polarity. If none of this helps, take plane and transmitter to a hobby shop and ask them to check it out.

Have you read and followed all directions in the proper sequence. You sound as if you need help from a qualified instructor, If you attempt to fly this model, it will crash and might hit and hurt someone.
Last edited by E-Challenged; Apr 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
Apr 13, 2012, 08:19 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
Charge your transmitter and receiver fully. If your receiver and transmitter require binding, have you done it properly? Move the throttle stick to the off position, Turn on the transmitter first, then connect the battery pack to the speed control, you should hear some beeps. Move the throttle stick toward the top of the transmitter, motor should run. If motor runs OK, if not, try other controls. Check connections from motor to speed control, if one or more wires is not connected/bad solder joint, motor won't run. Make sure speed control is plugged onto the correct pins on receiver with the correct polarity. If none of this helps, take plane and transmitter to a hobby shop and ask them to check it out.

Have you read and followed all directions in the proper sequence. You sound as if you need help from a qualified instructor, If you attempt to fly this model, it will crash and might hit and hurt someone.
As quoted by E-Challenged but also make sure your throttle trim is at it's lowest point on your TX (Radio) and all the other trims should be in the center.
Apr 13, 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUSTAV6
..I have a me109...I am new to flying..
When you get the motor sorted out and go to fly, please take a video and post it here.
Apr 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
Kamikaze Ace
Also some esc's require an arming sequence. TX on/throttle off, then power up the bird.
Move throttle to full on, listen for some tones/beeps, throttle back to off, then you should get arming tones.

NOTE : REMOVE THE PROP FIRST! Just in case it fires up before you are ready.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:14 AM
globemaster
YOU ARE NEW TO FLYING
That means the plane you have is NOT the best option to learn, you will destroy it fast.
Put it apart, save some $$$ and get a trainer like a supercub, easy star, etc ....
When you are good and bored of flying your trainer, you can go ahead and fly the ME109.

Answering your question, I guess your battery is not fully charged, and the ESC won't power the motor if the batt is not over certain voltage ....
Apr 13, 2012, 03:02 PM
I highly recommend a super cub I have had 3 lost my.first 2 because of stupidity and flying them too far away.

Quick Reply