This thread is privately moderated by mfwilliams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Discussion

04-07-12

Last Saturday Gordon Buckland returned to our hill for anoher 8 hour slope flight for his LSF 5 certification. Even though Gordon had achieved his 8 hour slope flight last year he decided to return and "enjoy" another attempt. Gordon picked a good day. Winds were a little weak before 11:00am, but afterward they stayed pretty consistently at 15mph. Paul and Mike assisted Gordon and acted as LSF "witnesses". While most of our regular flyers flew the NE bowl, Paul and Mike kept Gordon on the NE point so he could work either side of the point during wind shifts. Gordon succeded, landing a few minutes after 5pm. After a quick pack up, the crew headed over a local restaurant for a few minutes of "atta-boys". A great ending to a long day for Gordon and crew. I've attached a link to Miami Mike's video of his Shadow flying alongside:
Shadow Slope flight.wmv (2 min 55 sec)

Enjoy,
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2012, 12:32 AM
Hi Mike,
I just saw your post and the site looked familiar! How are you and the boys? Nice pics.
Good flying here in SoCal.
Best, to All,
Andy
Apr 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
AMA 7224
A hearty Well Done to Gordon!!!! Great photos as always sir!!
Apr 18, 2012, 06:12 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
I've been lurking around on your blog for quite a while on and off Mike ,but I always enjoy the photo's and you guys look to have a great time on that hill Cheers
SteveW down under slope flyer
Apr 18, 2012, 07:46 PM
Beautiful Photos thanks for sharing.

You guys have a nice site to fly slope. I especially enjoy the PSS plane photos.

Quick Reply