Feb 23, 2013, 05:53 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Their website is STILL down, what's it been, 3 weeks now?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2013, 11:51 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbo1970 View Post
Their website is STILL down, what's it been, 3 weeks now?
Try this URL it gets me into Caliber.

http://www.caliberhobby.com/
Feb 23, 2013, 12:06 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Um, that's one of my competitors, I can't buy stock from him

I don't think he's keeping up with what is & isn't in stock... unless he made massive purchases & still has inventory. For example, Pico Tiger Moth & Beaver kits have been discontinued for over a year now, but he's showing stock on them.
Feb 25, 2013, 10:38 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
FYI, Caliber IS GWS US. That is their public store. If GWS USA doesn't have it, Caliber won't have it either.
Feb 26, 2013, 05:29 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Well, it's very strange that they are listing items that have been discontinued for over a year as available for sale....
Feb 26, 2013, 09:15 AM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
When you try to order them it shows them out of stock.
Feb 27, 2013, 06:50 PM
website is working today
Feb 28, 2013, 08:05 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
The public site is working, but not the dealer site... :/
Feb 28, 2013, 02:10 PM
Rocky Mountain High
We will not get our P-38 cowls. Apparently GWS does not support their products with spare parts anymore.

I have been unable to access my dealer account through GWS for weeks now.

They are DEAD, RC Groups should close this thread; there is nothing to discuss anymore regarding GWS.
Feb 28, 2013, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the effort on the cowls mtnflyer44. I was able to repair my broken cowl with fiberglass. Doesn't look too bad.

It's such a shame with GWS. Cheap airframes and readily available parts. I loved how you could get them unpainted! Now I fear I may have bought my last GWS plane.
Feb 28, 2013, 10:26 PM
Head full of foam
Interesting thread.

And I now have a half built Slow Stick on my table.

What am I supossed to do with it?

Seriously, fly it?!?! I'm a newb, it's a newb plane, we break things. No spare parts...

I suppose I could hang it on the wall and wait for it to get rare. LOL

/sigh

Edit: On a side note, I now know why my slow stick had dust INSIDE the box.
Mar 01, 2013, 12:24 AM
You will not break your slo-stick..UNLESS you try too!! Just fly it and enjoy...I have had my slo-stick for aprox. 13 years !!< anything that broke was eaisly fixed..no new parts ever needed>
Mar 01, 2013, 12:50 AM
Head full of foam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
You will not break your slo-stick..UNLESS you try too!! Just fly it and enjoy...I have had my slo-stick for aprox. 13 years !!< anything that broke was eaisly fixed..no new parts ever needed>
I realize it can be fixed. The only thing that would be a problem would probably be the motor mount. I believe I've seen people fashion them out of plywood. I'll probably get a chance to learn that new skill.
Mar 01, 2013, 06:47 AM
Random Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralFPV View Post
I realize it can be fixed. The only thing that would be a problem would probably be the motor mount. I believe I've seen people fashion them out of plywood. I'll probably get a chance to learn that new skill.
GWS just introduced the MiniSlowstick so they are not dead yet! But as a newbie you could buy 2 spare slow stick no-motor kits for the spares and experiments. Dirt cheap. Happy flying!
Mar 02, 2013, 01:46 AM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Rural,
Except for the wing its self, there are plenty of after market parts to keep you flying. Check out the Slow Stick Goodies section on our web page; www.gorillabobsrc.com