Apr 12, 2012, 08:22 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Discussion

Is GWS USA going out of business?

Is GWS USA going out of business?

I own an online hobby shop, and have been unable to order several products for months now. The US office has no ETA for arrival on any of them, and can't get any information out of their Asian HQ. The last time GWS US received a container from them was way back in December!

They are out of stock on many popular items, and several have been discontinued here in the USA (Pico Tiger Moth, Beaver, etc. etc.)

The following items are out of stock at GWS US:

Bulk Pack on SS motor mounts (GWEMM28TB)
Slow Sticks (GWSS2215BF, GWSS2215RF & GWSS2215YF)
Beaver EPO (new EPO version for 2012... it's Q2 & still no word on this!)
Mini Slow Stick RTF (new for 2012... it's Q2 & still no word on this!)
Pico J3F (GW/P-J3-FC/Y & GWPJ3FO)
Pico TM (GW/P-TM-C/Y, GW/P-TM-EPS350C/Y & GWPTMO)
A-10 (various versions)
BN2 (various versions)
Cargotrans (various versions)
E-Starter (GWESTRTO & GWESTRTO400BB)
Formosa II EPO (GWFRMS2GO)
Zero EPO (GWZEROO)
B2 (GW/B2-EDF55-300H/C)
Brushed ESCs for 2215 motor powered airplanes.

This is just a small list of the more popular items, the actual list is too huge to list here!

Even if a container were to leave TODAY, there is no way it will be here any sooner than JUNE, which means there will be almost NO product of any kind available here in the USA!

I've emailed Mr. Lin directly twice now (as suggested by several people in the US office), and there has been no response from him. Hopefully, posting here will get his attention!

This is NOT the way to run a business, especially a large international business that has a very faithful US fan base

Regards,
Bill
Owner, Filadelfos RC
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2012, 07:45 PM
Yes, posting your mail here on RCG by such thread is the best way to keep Mr. Lin informed of the facts that have long been discussed on RCG.

Chen
Apr 13, 2012, 03:53 AM
Confused? Who, me?
If GWS didn't show any of its product range of aircraft at the 21012 Shenzen show I guess that tells us that they no longer wish to sell them? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...51&postcount=1

If the GWS CEO doesn't already know that the stock levels in GWS USA need replenishing you have to ask just what information he is using to run the business.
Apr 16, 2012, 11:24 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Wow, still no contact... either through email or the forum. What a joke!
Apr 16, 2012, 06:10 PM
Bill,

Did you contact GWS USA for the problem ? They should have direct contact with their boss.

Chen
Apr 16, 2012, 07:16 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
GWS USA is who told me to email him directly & to post here.... They have no information on when any new inventory is coming in.
Apr 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
Probably you have to contact service@gws.com.tw They normally check this account quite often.
Chen
Apr 17, 2012, 05:46 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by twn Chen
Probably you have to contact service@gws.com.tw They normally check this account quite often.
Chen
I should not have to chase after this company in order to purchase their products.
Apr 18, 2012, 04:17 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Just because of GWS ordered too many items but not big enough volume to full load a container, still can not let it go.

Need to forecast more airplanes like SS and Micro SS together to go!
Apr 18, 2012, 06:45 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
So, why don't you inform them of this? This is unacceptable, there are even more products that are out of stock since I posted this. I may just stop selling GWS products altogether, since you can't guarantee timely delivery of products.

那么,为什么不通知他们?这是不可接受的,甚至有更多的产品脱销,因为我来自这个。我可能只是停止销售GW S系列产品完全,因为你不能保证产品的及时交付。

Regards,
Bill
Owner, Filadelfos RC
Apr 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
I just spoke with someone at GWS USA, and they state they have enough open PO's to fill several full containers already. So what's your excuse now??
Apr 25, 2012, 09:16 PM
A very good question, isn't it ?
They've already had lots of P/O's on their desks, the demands are growing up indeed in the USA. I'd be pleased to know how they reply to your question.
Chen
Apr 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
Random Flier
Wow - that is very sad when GWS USA cannot get stock and ask a retailer to post on RCGroups to try and get a commitment from their CEO! Especially as most of the followers on this forum have a soft spot for the varied foam kits from GWS.

GWS will be remembered for applying the "system approach" to RC - interchangeable and inexpensive gearbox and motors with standard mounts, standard plastic part trees, almost scale easy-to-build foam models, etc. But they misjudged the LiPo, brushless and 2.4GHz changes, and now don't even have the demand (or interest) in shipping stock to the US.
Apr 27, 2012, 05:19 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by isvana
But they misjudged the LiPo, brushless and 2.4GHz changes, and now don't even have the demand (or interest) in shipping stock to the US.
I don't know where their focus is. I though converting their product line over to EPO meant they were back on the ball... but not everything got converted over. They've even discontinued a few motors, which means they sell some airplanes that they don't offer matching motors for now! They've been pushing the servos pretty hard, but neither I nor my customers have any interest in their servos....
Apr 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hopfully, GWS could be aware of this fact sooner and do something on the long promising airplanes even they could make more juice on their new servos.

Chen

Quick Reply