May 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyspeed
The only difference in the 10-15 and 15-25 is the strut size. I plan on using 15-25 size myself. Matt from Parkzone said it shouldn't be a problem.
Does anyone know of a cheaper set of retracts that are the same size as these E-flite units?
Windrider has a 25 size set, but they are about $70 for the set:
http://www.windrider.com.hk/product.asp?id=166

Brad
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2012, 02:01 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Byoung

http://www.toysonics.com/digital-ser...15090-1pc.html
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
May 14, 2012, 03:38 AM
Just be advised that most any regulare size retract will work for the mains but NOT the nose retract. Although the holes in some might not line up right.

The E-Flite nose retract is basically backwards/upside down mounted. If you look at a photo of it you will see what I mean.

I had to get the E-Flite nose retract for my E-Flight Scimitar but I have ChangSun V2 retracts for the mains.
May 14, 2012, 06:27 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin
OMG, Why are these $9.99 when it costs $100 for the e-Flite set? Are there some major differences?

-Brian
May 14, 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut
Just be advised that most any regulare size retract will work for the mains but NOT the nose retract. Although the holes in some might not line up right.

The E-Flite nose retract is basically backwards/upside down mounted. If you look at a photo of it you will see what I mean.

I had to get the E-Flite nose retract for my E-Flight Scimitar but I have ChangSun V2 retracts for the mains.
good point CH, forgot that the nose is different. So yes you will most likely need to get a separate nose retract which horizon or hobby stores sell separately, but make sure it's the nose not the main rtract.

Brian, they are pretty much knockoffs of the eflites but they work just as good. Also another factor is they are not backed by customer service , warranty, and other factors into the price.
May 14, 2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
OMG, Why are these $9.99 when it costs $100 for the e-Flite set? Are there some major differences?

-Brian
It looks like that is the price for one. I think part of it is you get what you pay for. I've never had an issue with the EF retracts I have on my Spit or P-47, and I think others here will report the same. On the other hand, I've seen tons of reports from people using the cheapie retracts that they will suddenly fail, or not even work at all.
May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM
True in a sense. I've never had a problem with eflite retracts and they are backed by great customer support. The pz15090 retracts are probably the best of the cheap retracts and I also have never had a problem with em, as many others can vouch for. However there are some retracts that get shipped with certain RTF & ARF kits that worthless. Yes that is the price of 1 retract. They also sell a version with a metal trunnion pz15090m, for like $2 more. All in all these retracts are great all around price & quality.
May 29, 2012, 04:32 PM
Pounding the Kool-Aid
Website now shows early July, last week it was early June. Have one on order from my LHS.

Kurtzz
May 29, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtzz
Website now shows early July, last week it was early June. Have one on order from my LHS.

Kurtzz
No surprise there, seems to happen more often than not.
May 29, 2012, 06:33 PM
With the lack of an edf in my hangar, I hope the release date doesn't get pushed TOO far back!
May 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtzz

Kurtzz
You would think these guys would get it by now that when you have a new jet coming out, release it when people can actually get it in time for flying season. This is just like when the Habu first came out, I believe it was late September or early October when it finally got released. Almost no time left in the season to fly it so you hurry up and wait til next Spring. You can't rely on their estimated delivery date. Feels like the same pattern. You'd think they would get that by now since its not their first rodeo. I will continue to wait for mine as well but seriously Parkzone, I expect better from you.
May 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i12flyrc
You would think these guys would get it by now that when you have a new jet coming out, release it when people can actually get it in time for flying season. This is just like when the Habu first came out, I believe it was late September or early October when it finally got released. Almost no time left in the season to fly it so you hurry up and wait til next Spring. You can't rely on their estimated delivery date. Feels like the same pattern. You'd think they would get that by now since its not their first rodeo. I will continue to wait for mine as well but seriously Parkzone, I expect better from you.
There's probably a lot of manufacturing hold ups from overseas that are totally out of the control of Parkzone or Horizon Hobby. Dealing with factories in other countries is probably a big pain in the butt. I'm just guessing here though...
Jun 04, 2012, 09:53 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut

Won't this retract work as the nose retract? It looks to be upside down. And it's the same brand as the other toysonics one posted.
http://www.toysonics.com/digital-ser...-gear-32g.html
Jun 04, 2012, 09:56 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
I might end up buying this jet. If i do I will be upgrading it to 6s and will be using this motor.
http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?rout...product_id=176

That ought to get er movin.
Jun 04, 2012, 10:04 AM
My calender say's, "june 4". Didnt they say june a few months back??

Quick Reply