Apr 22, 2016, 03:19 AM
Hy FF,
just wanna say i followed you for many posts during the rebuiding of my 130,
so.... good luck!
hope you find a solution and see you again soon flying around (and not only inside the box)

Hugh
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2016, 10:58 AM
Can't get enough
Does anyone fly this anymore?? Loll. Anyway, I still love the way mine flies, except for my bad tail wag. I have 2 with upgraded motors, and both wag bad no matter what I do. I have balanced and lowered throttle setting, but still bad. I changed advanced gain setting, but to no avail. I'm ready to dump them. I think they fly awesome though.

J
May 11, 2016, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
Does anyone fly this anymore?? Loll. Anyway, I still love the way mine flies, except for my bad tail wag. I have 2 with upgraded motors, and both wag bad no matter what I do. I have balanced and lowered throttle setting, but still bad. I changed advanced gain setting, but to no avail. I'm ready to dump them. I think they fly awesome though.

J
I fly mine all the time . They have been fairly reliable . I just try not to crash too much. In my experience bad tail wag can be caused by a bad linear tail servo or vibration from the drive train including the motor . With the motor disengaged run spin the rotor and feel for grittiness all gears should be meshing smoothly . If you havn't already put a rotary tail servo on it . Make sure you're torque tube is straight there should be no back and forth play between the A/B/C and D gears .
May 11, 2016, 02:33 PM
I just got mine. I bought a used 130X and I think it flies great, then again I am a newbie so maybe I don't know anything. Mine has the coffee grinder sound from the tail but it flies well enough so I won't take it apart or tamper with it until I really need to.
May 11, 2016, 02:45 PM
Can't get enough
I'm not running rotary servo.

J
May 11, 2016, 04:05 PM
Can't get enough
I have flown several years with both my regular, and modded ones. I think this bird is the least reliable of my fleet. When it flies, it flies good. So many things can happen, like bad servos, bad mesh, bad tail, etc. My Trex 150, 180cfx, mcpx BL, 230s, don't have those problems.

J
May 11, 2016, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
I have flown several years with both my regular, and modded ones. I think this bird is the least reliable of my fleet. When it flies, it flies good. So many things can happen, like bad servos, bad mesh, bad tail, etc. My Trex 150, 180cfx, mcpx BL, 230s, don't have those problems.

J
Most of your fleet is made up of fixed tail helis so of course the complexity and maintenance is less . I hardly doubt the 180cfx will do any better in a crash with its tt tail , multi gear driven servos and all under 3s power. The 130x flys great , it does require maintenance to keep it flying good but I love throwing em around at the park. They're the perfect size it serves me right it flips rolls and pretty much does everything I need it to do at my skill level . Once I get fluid on my 3D I'll move up to an oxy 3 .
May 11, 2016, 09:03 PM
Can't get enough
Who said I even crashed the 130? I didn't. Both were converters to different motors. And the 180 is far better and more robust with the gears. The 130 is known to be a pain in the ass. I bought it when it was flinging tail blades. Point is, it is harder to get it to fly great consistently.

J
May 13, 2016, 01:35 AM
There was no wind so It was a perfect morning to fly today. I packed up one of my 130's and a v977 and headed to the flying field. Flew 2 packs on the 130x , i love how it sounds cutting through the sky . The blades sound menacing when coming out of an intense maneuver .
May 13, 2016, 06:10 PM
What goes up must come down
I have a pair of the 130x's was out fling earlier this week 10 packs between the two always have the start up tail vibration. All stock just keep it lubed and servos clean and they fly just fine for me
May 13, 2016, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pusher
I have a pair of the 130x's was out fling earlier this week 10 packs between the two always have the start up tail vibration. All stock just keep it lubed and servos clean and they fly just fine for me
None of mine have vibes but none of them are stock either lol As long as you enjoy yourself when flying them.
May 13, 2016, 06:52 PM
What goes up must come down
The vibration on spool up only last a second and it does not bother me .
I think most helis have a demon or two of some sort
May 13, 2016, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pusher
The vibration on spool up only last a second and it does not bother me .
I think most helis have a demon or two of some sort
So true. I just started flipping and rolling my 130x I like them so much more now. So much fun to be had , I tried getting into quads but helis are my favorite . Now even more that I can do some cool trick with em.
Jun 19, 2016, 10:32 PM
Certifiable
Found this Xtreme canopy ($2) and fuselage ($3) on sale at tmkarc1hobby.com. Figured, why not! They still have the fuselage for $3 but I don't see the canopy anymore. They have the m as a set for $10 (yeah, weird... that's why I bought them as separate items).
Jun 20, 2016, 01:24 AM
Been rebuilding one the helis from my 130x collection. Really like how it turned out . Flew a pack and all seems well and stable. No vibes smooth transmission and pretty stable also. All required areas have loctite really took my
Time with the assembly.

Added a low voltage alarm to it which I got from an offer in the online deals section. Fits perfect right between the landing gear. Made my own connector so I can tap into the lipo umx connector. Works like a charm, I set mine at 3.7 v.

Quick Reply