Apr 06, 2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
Sounds like it is the grips.
According to the manual all channels except pitch need to be set to Normal.
It was the grips, tested on the bench, seemed okay, got batts charging now! Excited!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2013, 05:23 PM
put some batteries through it, I forgot how awesome this thing is, flies like a bigger heli, received a new 3 in 1 board from a member here on rc groups a few days ago, it has zero drift, my stock one was drifting so bad subtrim wouldn't fix it, so happy!
Apr 07, 2013, 03:47 AM
Seeking Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37
Both my 130's has the MH slider and tail blade grips. one has over 100flight, the other 300 flights?
So if the MH slider bearings "gives" at any time (I doubt it), I already got my money worth. The stock plastic is very poor quality compared to metal ones that has double bearing.
Don't use the MH tail shaft. Soft like butter. Both bent at 5ft drop with TH, on grass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microheli-Bl...item416ac37b10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microheli-Bl...item4d0ab3cddb
For now I'm looking at a set of the MH grips. Looking at the rocking motion of the single bearing plastic the dual bearing appeals to me. Be aware that while ebay has lots of stock on the non-weighted grips MH no longer has them on their web site. I'm going to give the weighted ones a try.
Apr 07, 2013, 02:53 PM
REYNALDO
just fixed my bird that the last time it was got a massive shake and i found out that the tail pitch slider is the main issue, while waiting the upgrade parts that i ordered from my LHS just fixed with an UHU glueusing a dental flush holding the tail pitch lever which is so tiny bits.that section of the TPS is easy to break even pushing will give -up. am using the uhu gell and super fast fluid og uhu and it is more harder than plastic when it dry.my 130x will be airborne again after a few weeks that was grounded, gush i got sick if i only see her on the bookshelve.
Apr 07, 2013, 03:22 PM
Hi all, I`ve been flying the MSR for over two years so about three weeks ago I got a MSRX and I was like man this flys so much better I`m going to try a CP heli. I went to the LHS to get a MCPX v2 but they were out, then I saw the MCPX BL and this 130x that I didn`t know much about. I asked the guy working there what was the difference besides being a little bigger. He told me it has a shaft driven tail so I chose to get it. Took it home, charged the battery and set up my DX6i. Went outside, spooled it up and started hovering then slowly moving it around the backyard tail in. Man I might have bit off more than I can chew with this heli but it looks so cool. I guess I`m going to have to practice more on my MSRX and the simulator more before I get to cocky and try to fly it like the MSRX. It is way more responsive and way more powerful, its the nicest heli I have ever owned. i can`t wait till I can fly it better. I like it alot but it kinda scary with the higher head speed.
Apr 07, 2013, 05:47 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Keep your finger on the throttle hold and pull it when you crash, or even better when you are just about to.
This will go a long way toward keeping it in one piece.

And get out of the habit of pulling the collective stick back in a crash that you might have from the FP helis.
Apr 07, 2013, 06:09 PM
Ok and thanks for the tips. Man this thing is so smooth.
Last edited by Pilotrob56; Apr 07, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Apr 08, 2013, 12:00 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro
For now I'm looking at a set of the MH grips. Looking at the rocking motion of the single bearing plastic the dual bearing appeals to me. Be aware that while ebay has lots of stock on the non-weighted grips MH no longer has them on their web site. I'm going to give the weighted ones a try.
I got my set of Blade tail metal gear set from my LHS last week for my other 130X, $18 out the door.
eBay will have it in a day or 2, might be limited quantities.
It works great. Just have to lube it (drop of oil) every 10-20 flights.
I have not seen any CONS, even on crashes, just the little extra added weight. It's great for those who wants to practice tricks and crashing the 130. Good-bye to rounded gears.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLH3736A-Met...item4ac331e466

These canopies are also super strong compared to Blade canopy:
http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...oducts_id=8314
Apr 08, 2013, 12:04 AM
What breaks if that gear doesn't strip? I am thinking about metal gears if I run out of plastic spares. Two left
Apr 08, 2013, 12:16 AM

Apr 08, 2013, 02:04 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head
What breaks if that gear doesn't strip? I am thinking about metal gears if I run out of plastic spares. Two left
Nothing breaks if you hit throttle hold early.
I have also crashed on the ground flying low, without the TH, and everything OK so far.
FYI, my 130X has metal tail (grips & slider). On a "tail-in" crash, it's possible that the stock plastic slider or the grips might break, if the the tail gears doesn't "slip".
BUT, nylon gears or metal gears, those stock plastic may break anyway on a tail first crash.

Would I recommend the metal gear set, yes. Will it affect performance, unless you are a PRO, the little extra weight, the flight performance remains the same IMO. In fact, it may even get rid of the tail vib on spool-up.
Though, my other 130X, I have kept it light for better performance. The only upgrade on it is, metal tail blade grips & metal tail rotor pitch slider. It doesn't mean that I won't convert it to metal tail gear set, I might.
Last edited by Spyro37; Apr 08, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
Apr 08, 2013, 10:57 AM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD

You need a power upgrade with that, right?
Apr 08, 2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Keep your finger on the throttle hold and pull it when you crash, or even better when you are just about to.
This will go a long way toward keeping it in one piece.

And get out of the habit of pulling the collective stick back in a crash that you might have from the FP helis.
The throttle hold is different to throttle cut correct? I looked in the manual to find out what the throttle hold does but it doesn`t explain it very good. With the MSRX I just kill the throttle with the left stick but I guess thats a big no no with this heli. Does the throttle hold the motor at the same rpm? I`m new to flying CP heli`s and just trying to keep it in one piece for as long as I can.
Apr 08, 2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
You need a power upgrade with that, right?
It weighs in at 110g without battery, so a little on the heavy side. I use a Spin 8000 and it is perfectly smooth and very locked in, except for the DS35 wags a little. Everyone that got a DS35 from the most recent batch (starting 3/28/13) has had a wag with it.
Apr 08, 2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotrob56
The throttle hold is different to throttle cut correct? I looked in the manual to find out what the throttle hold does but it doesn`t explain it very good. With the MSRX I just kill the throttle with the left stick but I guess thats a big no no with this heli. Does the throttle hold the motor at the same rpm? I`m new to flying CP heli`s and just trying to keep it in one piece for as long as I can.
Throttle hold cuts the motor.
Reducing the collective to zero has no real benefit with CP, because normally the blades continue to rotate at (roughly) constant speed through the whole collective stick range. What changes with CP when you move the collective stick is the pitch angle of the blades, not their rotation speed..

With FP you control the motor directly with the collective, so you can drop the collective before a crash to reduce damage. It's a good habit to get out of with CP helis.

Hit throttle hold if it looks remotely like crashing, with a 130X, you can still attempt attempt a landing using cyclic controls.
Last edited by Thwock; Apr 08, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply