Mar 19, 2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita
Aftere reading most of this thread,there seems to be a love/hate relationship with this model.
I think I'm going for the v2 version.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem
Only problem I have with mine, is that I can already see that the C gear is rounding in the D hole. But... ware and tear, no big deal. Its a pretty simple little Heli, and is fast becoming my favorite. As far as a V2.... I thought the same thing and finally just pulled the trigger and bought one. Glad I did, lots of fun.
I agree with Blackanthem. Get some metal gears. There's your v2! Or do the dental floss trick. But I wouldn't pass this one up. The Pleasure/Pain ratio is way high.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2013, 06:47 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
I agree with Blackanthem. Get some metal gears. There's your v2! Or do the dental floss trick. But I wouldn't pass this one up. The Pleasure/Pain ratio is way high.
+1000!

Those who base their purchase decisions upon posts in forums (which are noted for being highly unreliable sources of such data because the vast majority of people who post on forums have a problem, while only a very tiny percentage of people show up just to tell everyone how much they like something) are missing out on the best-flying micro heli on the market.

If I could only have one heli, it would be the 130X - hands-down!!

Joel
Mar 19, 2013, 06:53 PM
I like my 130X so much I just bought a second one. It has been great out of the box just as the first one was. My first one is nearing 300 flights and flies beautifully. The only time I have replaced parts is due to my crashing it. It's a wonderful heli. I say get it if it fills your needs.
Mar 19, 2013, 07:12 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Aftere reading most of this thread,there seems to be a love/hate relationship with this model.
Some people seem to have a ton of problems with it, but others seem to not. That could be a quality issue, but it could be something else, and we will never know. Just get one and check it carefully, make HH respect the warranty if you have to, and if you damage it after a while, fix it. Don't tolerate the thing not being RTF, but once you fly it a while, it's fairly easy to maintain for most of us.
Mar 19, 2013, 08:13 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
+1000!

If I could only have one heli, it would be the 130X - hands-down!!

Joel
If I could only have TWO helis, the first one would be 130X, and the second one would be the same...
And I'm no kidding
- Spyro
Mar 19, 2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37
If I could only have TWO helis, the first one would be 130X, and the second one would be the same...
And I'm no kidding
- Spyro
Interesting. Yes, the 130x would be my first. But I like the 300x a lot too. That would be my second.
Mar 19, 2013, 08:39 PM
I was going to get a 450 3d at the ridiculous price of 179 bucks but the lack a good active thread here on rcg made me reconsider. I think you guys have convinced me to get a 130x instead. for some reason I don't like the mcpx bl.
Mar 19, 2013, 09:35 PM
and i ordered it just now. no one had better say I should have gotten the 450 3d, this is my last purchase for a while. Oh wait I have said that before I hope this makes a better stable mate for the 300x than my utter disappointment of a nano bl, I fried the esc and don't know where to get a replacement that is already flashed because asteroid is oos. Even before the esc fried I wasn't that impressed after flying the 300x, nano was small, underpowered and spastic on it's best day. I learned a lot on it but am tired of fixing it, I have yet to crash the 300x as it is just so much more stable and the size makes me think twice about tossing it around like a toy.
Mar 19, 2013, 09:58 PM
Seeking Control
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem
Only problem I have with mine, is that I can already see that the C gear is rounding in the D hole. But... ware and tear, no big deal. Its a pretty simple little Heli, and is fast becoming my favorite. As far as a V2.... I thought the same thing and finally just pulled the trigger and bought one. Glad I did, lots of fun.
What is this V2? Of what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head
and i ordered it just now. no one had better say I should have gotten the 450 3d, this is my last purchase for a while. Oh wait I have said that before I hope this makes a better stable mate for the 300x than my utter disappointment of a nano bl, I fried the esc and don't know where to get a replacement that is already flashed because asteroid is oos. Even before the esc fried I wasn't that impressed after flying the 300x, nano was small, underpowered and spastic on it's best day. I learned a lot on it but am tired of fixing it, I have yet to crash the 300x as it is just so much more stable and the size makes me think twice about tossing it around like a toy.
Wise choice. You'll love it.
Mar 19, 2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head
Darn! I have a practically new one for sale with $250 in upgrades for $325!
Mar 20, 2013, 12:13 AM

having tail rotor issues

So i replaced the tail boom on my 130x after it had a slight crack in it. Since putting it back together the tail rotor doesnt seem to respond very well to rudder inputs. Its like its very laggy or sometimes doesnt even move the servo at all! So when i start her up it just spins a fair bit and every now and then responds to some rudder inputs. Whats the likely cause, tail servo?? All the gears etc seem to be turning freely and the tail rotor spins fine its just the slider doesnt seem to give input from the servo. Without the rotor turning the servo seems to work but not very well, at first i thought i had limited the tail slider travel but not really sure?

help appreciate!!
Mar 20, 2013, 01:12 AM
Seeking Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by burggraaf
So i replaced the tail boom on my 130x after it had a slight crack in it. Since putting it back together the tail rotor doesnt seem to respond very well to rudder inputs. Its like its very laggy or sometimes doesnt even move the servo at all! So when i start her up it just spins a fair bit and every now and then responds to some rudder inputs. Whats the likely cause, tail servo?? All the gears etc seem to be turning freely and the tail rotor spins fine its just the slider doesnt seem to give input from the servo. Without the rotor turning the servo seems to work but not very well, at first i thought i had limited the tail slider travel but not really sure?

help appreciate!!
Sounds like mechanical resistance somewhere in the pitch linkage. Disconnect the servo and check.
Mar 20, 2013, 01:36 AM
When i disconnect the long tail linkage from the servo the tail slider moves freely, although the exact position of the tail servo im not sure of, ie should it be hard up against the frame or a bit of a gap, i have it with a bit of a gap. Im still suspecting the actual servo but all the wires are in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro
Sounds like mechanical resistance somewhere in the pitch linkage. Disconnect the servo and check.
Mar 20, 2013, 01:51 AM
Seeking Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by burggraaf
When i disconnect the long tail linkage from the servo the tail slider moves freely, although the exact position of the tail servo im not sure of, ie should it be hard up against the frame or a bit of a gap, i have it with a bit of a gap. Im still suspecting the actual servo but all the wires are in place.
Mechanical ok then. My servo is up against the frame. Pinched wire or plug not fully seated? Do you have any tail blade twitching going on while bound and just sitting there with no throttle? If so dirty pot in the servo. If not bad servo. Hard to believe after just replacing the boom though.
Mar 20, 2013, 02:08 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Interesting. Yes, the 130x would be my first. But I like the 300x a lot too. That would be my second.
Honestly, & seriously, the only helis I love to fly are my two 130X and my 300X.
They both fly kind a similar (light), but most importantly, the 300X is an OK for the size where I usually go flying with planes during the week. The 450 is a bit too big and fast, flying with the airplane guys. I fly both planes & helis, try to respect and share the air space and have fun flying at the same time. On weekends, I go to a real flying field and can go BIG, but with a restriction of only one heli at a time.
So yes, I Luv my 300X too.

Quick Reply