Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 06, 2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
You mean the too of us don't have two much to drink when we have to beers? Like that?

I wish people would figger out when to use "me" instead of "I". That one drive me crazy. "Here's a picture of Jerry and I." Yeesh... terrible.

I'm not bothered about the I & me issue. There just trying to be more posher than they our.

But switching then & than seems to becoming epidemic :

"I'd rather fly the 130x then my Nano outside cos its easier to sea.
But if its windy I'd fly the Nano than the 130x cos it brakes less when I crash"

to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2012, 08:45 AM
Biplanes and Helicopters
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
I'm not bothered about the I & me issue. There just trying to be more posher than they our.

But switching then & than seems to becoming epidemic :

"I'd rather fly the 130x then my Nano outside cos its easier to sea.
But if its windy I'd fly the Nano than the 130x cos it brakes less when I crash"

Well agreed. They call us "grammar cops" as if it is a bad thing.

To, two, too; they're, their, there; then, than; when, whenever (my personal favorite).

I remember in HS History Class (about a billion years ago), my teacher misspelled a word on the chalkboard, my hand shot up and I corrected his spelling. He responded scathingly, "This is not an English class." I retorted, with equal sarcasm, "Obviously."

...and it was off to the Boy's Dean's office I went.

Between IM, text and chat, our written language is doomed.

Simon
Nov 06, 2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
Well agreed. They call us "grammar cops" as if it is a bad thing.

To, two, too; they're, their, there; then, than; when, whenever (my personal favorite).

I remember in HS History Class (about a billion years ago), my teacher misspelled a word on the chalkboard, my hand shot up and I corrected his spelling. He responded scathingly, "This is not an English class." I retorted, with equal sarcasm, "Obviously."

...and it was off to the Boy's Dean's office I went.

Between IM, text and chat, our written language is doomed.

Simon
I understand, school kids don't even have to learn cursive handwriting anymore. How will they be able to sign their name?
Nov 06, 2012, 09:38 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
I understand, school kids don't even have to learn cursive handwriting anymore. How will they be able to sign their name?
Digital signature.
Nov 06, 2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Digital signature.
Next thing will be arithmetic. Who needs that, everyone has a calculator? That's why the US is ranked 25th out of 34 industrialized countries in math.
Nov 06, 2012, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Next thing will be arithmetic. Who needs that, everyone has a calculator? That's why the US is ranked 25th out of 34 industrialized countries in math.
As for math and electronic calculating devices, it's been that way for a long time. Ask your average fast food worker to compute correct change on the fly in their head. Most can't do it without their computerized registers.
Nov 06, 2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
I never thought using improper English would ever have become "posher". Yeeesh...

Quote:
It's already happened. An unparenthesized math expression with just the 4 basic operations is making its rounds on Facebook. People are coming up with all kinds of answers because they aren't using precedence rules. Without precedence the answer is indeterminant... a bad thing in math. And yet, many who get it wrong argue that precedence is wrong and should not be applied to the problem.
Nov 06, 2012, 10:14 AM
Any1 still talk about and fly the 130X? R is this English 101?
Nov 06, 2012, 10:18 AM
I flew mine this weekend, did a few more flips, almost crashed.

I still only have 2 batteries I have been waiting for my hobbyking order for amonth.. Tracking shows them in NY since the 27th.
Nov 06, 2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
I flew mine this weekend, did a few more flips, almost crashed.
Well, you are doing better than I (This "I" is correct, btw.)

I flew mine this weekend, did a few more flips, and crashed.

This bugger is indestructible! I crashed 3 times in one flying session and with no toolbox.

Oh, wait... Me crashed three times... Me did that. Am I sounding "posh" now? Or does the substitution work only the other way?
Nov 06, 2012, 10:25 AM
Mine is still at HH. Waiting for servo repair. It was checked in on the 1st and they changed the lead time from 7 to 8 days today Waiting for a response.
Nov 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
Corsair Captain
Eye has bout fity flites and know badness has hapened......LOL
Garry K.
Nov 06, 2012, 11:35 AM
Flew for about an hour this afternoon in 10 knot wind gusting 15 - I agree: pretty indestructible! However, I seem to have split the last segment of the tail boom along its length. I'll try putting a CF wrap around it for now until a new one arrives.
Last edited by KevinBuckley70; Nov 06, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Nov 06, 2012, 12:05 PM
I'd rather be flying!
I am also bothered by the use of improper grammar.

Back to the 130X....

Just for grins, I mounted my #16 cam under the belly with a bit of gyro tape & shot some on-board video. The bird may be smooth in the hand, but there is still enough vibration to cause serious jello effects in the video! Given the period, I think it's a main rotor dynamic balance issue.

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Nov 06, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Nov 06, 2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I am also bothered by the use of improper grammar.

Back to the 130X....

Just for grins, I mounted my #16 cam under the belly with a bit of gyro tape & shot some on-board video. The bird may be smooth in the hand, but there is still enough vibration to cause serious jello effects in the video! Given the period, I think it's a main rotor dynamic balance issue.

Joel
I did this too with the same results. I've just got to find the time to embark on a balancing session! Jellllloooo!