Sep 28, 2012, 12:26 PM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Also, I've had a radio with a backlight for a couple years now, and its not actually very useful except for running the battery down. I mean, how much radio programming do you do in the dark?
Everyones driffrent but i loved the backlight on my dx8. It was nice do wish my dx7 had it for night flying its really nice
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2012, 12:33 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
Everyones driffrent but i loved the backlight on my dx8. It was nice do wish my dx7 had it for night flying its really nice
I thought it would be nice for that too, but when I tried it, I was simply blinded by the backlight and it made it harder for me to see everything else
Sep 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Overall E Flite LiPolys suck. The 130 X ones are not 300 mAh closer to 360 but noy 25C either.

Best inexpenive LiPoly 2S 370 Nanotech. Less tha $5 ea. if 6X purchaeged .

Yes you need to change the connector.

Glacier 450 are now avai;. with UMX connector for $4.50. Great for sports flying a light 3D as they are heavier.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...91&postcount=7
The mcpx stock batteries sucked but the 130 batteries aren't bad at all, I have 6 of them and they all perform well and take almost exactly the same amount of time to charge as the day they were new.

The new hyperions are supposed to be the right size with the right connector but more power, if I didn't already have 6 batteries I would try one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Also, I've had a radio with a backlight for a couple years now, and its not actually very useful except for running the battery down. I mean, how much radio programming do you do in the dark?
Just changing between models is a pain with no back light, they should all have a back light and there should be a timer so the light turns off after 30 seconds or something like that.
Sep 28, 2012, 12:36 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno
The mcpx stock batteries sucked but the 130 batteries aren't bad at all, I have 6 of them and they all perform well and take almost exactly the same amount of time to charge as the day they were new.

The new hyperions are supposed to be the right size with the right connector but more power, if I didn't already have 6 batteries I would try one.

Just changing between models is a pain with no back light, they should all have a back light and there should be a timer so the light turns off after 30 seconds or something like that.
It does, on the 9503 it turns off after a while. I guess I just don't have any problems seeing the screen without it. However, now that I think about it, whenever I'm looking, it's usually on. As soon as you do anything it comes on. But I don't have any trouble seeing the timer during flight or something like that. Everyone is different, I just wanted to warn people that sometimes the marketing department makes a big deal out of a feature that ends up not being a big deal.
Sep 28, 2012, 01:07 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno

No one has the Hyperions in stock..... ?
Sep 28, 2012, 01:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
No one has the Hyperions in stock..... ?
I haven't looked.
Sep 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
Corsair Captain
Does the HP08 motor upgrade allow for cooler operation? I don't like the idea of flying without cooling off the stock setup between flights.
Garry K.
Sep 30, 2012, 03:26 AM
REYNALDO
is just so trickky to to remove the front servo, i am looking on it as i done cleaning the others, has any of you guys have an idea in how easy to take out?
Sep 30, 2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano
is just so trickky to to remove the front servo, i am looking on it as i done cleaning the others, has any of you guys have an idea in how easy to take out?
You have to split the frame completely apart.

Bob
Sep 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
If you just want to clean the servo, you don't need to remove it. You can just give it a shot of FaderLube F5 directly into the servo.
Sep 30, 2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
I don't remove the servo either. I spray Deoxit directly into the slot on the servo.
Sep 30, 2012, 11:15 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman
Those Walkera bearings are $10

Anyone try the tail rotor shaft from the Walkera V120 helicopters on the 130X?

Looks the same, but I don't wanna buy one if it doesn't fit, and I'm not familiar with Walkera cross fit stuff......
Sure would be nice if it did fit size wise and if the hubs fit on.. Then I could sell you guys a slipper clutch.. I know some of you have both heli's,, how about checking it out for me??
Sep 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman
Those Walkera bearings are $10

Anyone try the tail rotor shaft from the Walkera V120 helicopters on the 130X?

Looks the same, but I don't wanna buy one if it doesn't fit, and I'm not familiar with Walkera cross fit stuff......
Sure would be nice if it did fit size wise and if the hubs fit on. The groves are not a problem as they are not used with a slipper clutch.. But I would like to change the "D" gear to the other side and make you switch the tail rotor blades around and drive them CW. Then I could sell you guys a slipper clutch.. I know some of you have both heli's,, how about checking it out for me??
Oct 01, 2012, 10:33 AM
REYNALDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
Sure would be nice if it did fit size wise and if the hubs fit on. The groves are not a problem as they are not used with a slipper clutch.. But I would like to change the "D" gear to the other side and make you switch the tail rotor blades around and drive them CW. Then I could sell you guys a slipper clutch.. I know some of you have both heli's,, how about checking it out for me??
ws the slipper clutch work? i dont think so that i need as long as i can not see how to differenciate to the stock one, can you post a video on it please?
Oct 01, 2012, 10:36 AM
REYNALDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Over 130 flights with original tail gears. Simple solution to not trashing them is just do not crash. I do not understand wht so many think the 130 X is good for crashing. If you want crash and fly get a mCPX not a 130X.

Charles
+1 and my opinion the 130x is more sophisticated than the mcpx,and about changing parts on it is more easy thou.

Quick Reply