Aug 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
$20 for a can of spray (including shipping). So uh, you gotta split the frame to get the elevator servo out, right?

Thanks for all the useful info guys.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2012, 12:30 PM
Just wanna fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan
$20 for a can of spray (including shipping). So uh, you gotta split the frame to get the elevator servo out, right?

Not a bad price considering you can use that not only on your 130X, but on your mCPX, and any HH UMs to name some. That $20 investment will go a long way.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:

I haven't used DeoxIT on the 130x yet, but I think the whole point is you don't have to disassemble anything. Just spray it in and work the servos.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
Just wanna fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
I haven't used DeoxIT on the 130x yet, but I think the whole point is you don't have to disassemble anything. Just spray it in and work the servos.
I think he was meaning that since it is so pricey, he is back to thinking about disassembling the servo et al.

I think the $20 is worth it IMO.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey
I think he was meaning that since it is so pricey, he is back to thinking about disassembling the servo et al.

I think the $20 is worth it IMO.
Definitely. It's worth it alone to not have to split the frame to get to the front servo. And, that's not including what a pain it is to actually disassemble the servos.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:56 PM
Just wanna fly!
Yeah, but not just for that, you can use it on a variety of other aircraft.

I am hoping to get some more flight time on the 130X soon, I have been too encumbered with my 3DHS 48" Edge lately. I also have a Rakonheli pitch slider coming soon.

I got an email from RKH telling me they were going to get it to me faster through the USA distributor and that delivery would be 2-3 days instead of 15-30 business days.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey
I got an email from RKH telling me they were going to get it to me faster through the USA distributor and that delivery would be 2-3 days instead of 15-30 business days.
That's how my pitch slider was. It took about a week for them to actually put it in the mail and I got it a couple of days later. You'll like it. Very tight and precise. Good thing the stock pins fit because I had one of the Rakon pins shoot off into hyperspace when I was trying to clip it into a pair of hemostats.
Aug 16, 2012, 02:14 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Well that works for me! I did a quick search and I don't see any local stores that carry DeoxIT. Do you know of any chains that carry this?
Try a guitar/pro-audio shop, such as Guitar Center. Otherwise, there are plenty of places to get it online. You want the FaderLube F5 Spray (5% solution) or the FaderLube F100 Spray (100% solution). I prefer the 100% solution, as the can tends to last longer. But then I also use it on my pro-audio & ham radio gear, as well as my home audio system, so I tend to go through it a lot faster than if I only used it on UM servos.

The D5 series does not work as well on resistive strips as the FaderLube series does - but it still works better than pretty much anything else. I've used it on these servos when I didn't have any FaderLube. It's just that the D5 series is designed for contacts, while FaderLube is specifically designed to deoxidize & protect carbon & plastic resistive strips. The D5 series & the others do not rejuvenate resistive strips or provide long-term protection. FaderLube is the product of choice in the pro-audio business for cleaning faders, pots, and sliders. I've been using it for decades in my mixing consoles, graphic equalizers, amplifiers - pretty much anything with a fader, pot, or slider. I've also been using it for decades in my ham radio & home audio gear.

As Charles noted - either one is safe for plastics, and they have both been used on very expensive, high-end electronics for decades.

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Aug 16, 2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
Aug 16, 2012, 02:25 PM
Suspended Account
Any potential problems with the high power 100% stuff melting plastic? You're bound to get some overspray...
Aug 16, 2012, 03:09 PM
Southern Pride
DeoxIT D 5

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DeoxIT

DeoxIT F5

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FaderLubeS

either for $15 and free shipping

Note: Joel is the audio pro so will conceed that perhaps F5 is best for these servos however I purchased the D5 for balancing leads connectors primarely and it has worked well for over 500 flights on my mCPXs (two) and around 300 flights on my son's mCPX and for 80 flights on my 130 X .

My SOP is to take a CA Applicator and twist it onto the DeoxIT spay tu8be,place the CA Applicator into the servo's slot right above the output block and give a short blast with can set to low. Servos get treated when new and then around every 75 flights .

This stuff is safe on plastics after all many Pots are in fact plastic. It is used by profesionals on equipment costing thousands of dollars and has been for years.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Aug 16, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Aug 16, 2012, 03:09 PM
Geez, can't a guy be cheap AND lazy!? Thanks again for all the info guys.
Aug 16, 2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
DeoxIT D 5

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DeoxIT

DeoxIT F5

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FaderLubeS

either for $15 and free shipping

Charles
Thanks for the link. I just ordered a can.

Bob
Aug 16, 2012, 10:33 PM
I believe Radio Shack carries it.
Aug 16, 2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI
I believe Radio Shack carries it.
None of my local Radio Shacks had this specific "Fader" type.
Aug 17, 2012, 04:50 AM
Thread OP
Some one asked about how to make their 130 not shake.

And make sure your tail rotor shaft is square, some weren't square from the manufacturer

Quick Reply