Thread Tools
Aug 16, 2012, 09:53 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan
Is there anyone in this forum that actually has zero wobble during flight?
As I said above, mine's rock solid.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2012, 09:53 AM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan
That was actually the last thing on my list to try but thankfully, never got to it. I put it last because it's more labor intensive then all the other things.
Not if you use Deoxit FaderLube F5. You can spray into the servo without disassembling it.
Aug 16, 2012, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
I'd also get some of the red 003 sized silicone o-rings for the swashplate and head. Put them on every ball (7 total). They work very, very well and you get a pack of 50 for under two bucks. oringsandmore.com
Aug 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
Registered User
lkagan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder87
As I said above, mine's rock solid.
I'll wait for a few more to chime in. Also, the mcpx dampeners work awesome and I already have them.
Aug 16, 2012, 10:22 AM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
Mine is rock solid too (no wobble upright or inverted), and it is stock.
Aug 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Got some flying in on the 130x tonight. This camera work is shoddy at best - I had it too low but you can see most of the inverted stuff. I'm getting much more comfortable on my inverted circuits now. I had a massive tail blowout at the end which caused a crash but no damage that I can see.
Looking good! I'm not anywhere near close to being able to do an inverted circuit - even in the sim. I can usually hover inverted in the sim without crashing, but I have yet to try it with the real thing.

Looked like a pretty wild blowout. Have you determined the cause?

Joel
Aug 16, 2012, 11:11 AM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan
I'll wait for a few more to chime in. Also, the mcpx dampeners work awesome and I already have them.
Mine is also rock-solid. Dynamically balancing the tail assy & replacing the tailcase bearings are the only things I've done to the bird. Over 15 hours of flight-time & I have not had to replace a thing so far. But then I don't fly as aggressively as many on here do, and I am quick to hit TH if I think I'm about to stuff it.

BTW - Grovey is right. Cleaning the servos is simple if you use DeoxIT Fader Series or an equivalent product that's designed to clean, deoxidize, and protect carbon & plastic resistive strips. There is no need to disassemble a thing. Just spray it into the slot area & cycle the servos a number of times. Cleaning these servos periodically is simply SOP. It should be a part of your preventative maintenance routine.

Joel
Aug 16, 2012, 11:13 AM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan
Is there anyone in this forum that actually has zero wobble during flight? If there's more then one or two, I may just clean those servos.
Well, it's a helicopter, so it wobbles by definition...

But mine flies correctly. It had a little shake when it was new, but it's smooth now. I lubed all the bearings with Tri-flow, and it probably took a couple flights to work it in.
Aug 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Registered User
lkagan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey
Not if you use Deoxit FaderLube F5. You can spray into the servo without disassembling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Mine is also rock-solid. Dynamically balancing the tail assy & replacing the tailcase bearings are the only things I've done to the bird. Over 15 hours of flight-time & I have not had to replace a thing so far. But then I don't fly as aggressively as many on here do, and I am quick to hit TH if I think I'm about to stuff it.

BTW - Grovey is right. Cleaning the servos is simple if you use DeoxIT Fader Series or an equivalent product that's designed to clean, deoxidize, and protect carbon & plastic resistive strips. There is no need to disassemble a thing. Just spray it into the slot area & cycle the servos a number of times. Cleaning these servos periodically is simply SOP. It should be a part of your preventative maintenance routine.

Joel
Well that works for me! I did a quick search and I don't see any local stores that carry DeoxIT. Do you know of any chains that carry this?

Although I don't agree that cleaning servos should be preventative maintenance. My mcpx wobbled once, then I cleaned the servos and it was fine; responsive maintenance. Although, I lube all my helis regularly and inspect them carefully before every flight.
Aug 16, 2012, 11:48 AM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan
Well that works for me! I did a quick search and I don't see any local stores that carry DeoxIT. Do you know of any chains that carry this?
I picked mine up from Guitar Center, you can also possibly get it from Radio Shack. Radio Shack may not have Faderlube F5, but other Deoxit series so you would need to check if those would work.

If all else fails buy from Amazon.com
Last edited by grovey; Aug 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Aug 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Well that works for me! I did a quick search and I don't see any local stores that carry DeoxIT. Do you know of any chains that carry this?

Many Radio Shack Stores carry it .

I order mine on-line from

sweetwater.com


DexoIT D5




Charles
Aug 16, 2012, 11:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan
Is there anyone in this forum that actually has zero wobble during flight? If there's more then one or two, I may just clean those servos.
Mine was smooth out of the box without doing anything but snugging up the blade tension a bit. I get some vibes on the ground before the head speed picks up to take off. Once in the air I look at the tail fin and it does not appear to be resonating in any amount I can detect by looking at it. No TBE wobbles either.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:08 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Looking good! I'm not anywhere near close to being able to do an inverted circuit - even in the sim. I can usually hover inverted in the sim without crashing, but I have yet to try it with the real thing.

Looked like a pretty wild blowout. Have you determined the cause?

Joel
I haven't been able to find the cause of that massive tail blowout yet. I can't see any stripped gears (that doesn't mean they don't exist though) and my gears seem properly seated so I'm not sure.

I picked it up and flew it right after that with zero problems though!
Aug 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
I haven't been able to find the cause of that massive tail blowout yet. I can't see any stripped gears (that doesn't mean they don't exist though) and my gears seem properly seated so I'm not sure.

I picked it up and flew it right after that with zero problems though!
If you punched the collective too much and bogged the motor, that will cause blowout and it would be difficult to get things under control again.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New in the box E-Flite Taylorcraft ARF Kit plus High Performance E-Flite components Philscho Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 19, 2012 12:25 AM
For Sale E-Flite 300 32e SHP ****SOLD*** E-Flite still aviable tomtheman Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 28, 2012 08:01 PM
Sold E-flite 60A ESC w/ E-flite Brushless 1010kV Motor joshfneptune Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 05, 2012 08:18 PM
Discussion E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 ARF Kit and High Power E-Flite electrical components $300 Philscho Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 02, 2012 08:11 PM
Discussion E-Flite Su-26 and E-flite Extra 260 repair Joe Slow Crash Discussion 1 Sep 27, 2011 11:50 AM