Aug 12, 2012, 04:58 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy
Agree, I have three TP's and three more on the way and two stock eflites. Never will buy eflite again if I can help it. Unfortunately, I can't fly at the moment, my DX18 crapped out on me and it is on it's way to HH. Have twenty seven flights on my bird and running really smooth and all I can do it look at it. Driving me crazy!

Bob
Oh man. That sucks! You paid good money for that tx... No good excuse for what you're going through with it.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Oh man. That sucks! You paid good money for that tx... No good excuse for what you're going through with it.
At my LHS where I bought they have lent me a DX6i to do my sim work until my DX18 arrivals back at home.
Last edited by Willyboy; Aug 12, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Aug 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
At my LHS where I bought it has lent me a DX6i to do my sim work until my DX18 arrivals back at home.
Why don't you bind your 130X to the DX6i also? Then you have the best of both worlds while you wait for your DX18.

Jim
Aug 12, 2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs
Why don't you bind your 130X to the DX6i also? Then you have the best of both worlds while you wait for your DX18.

Jim
That thought has enter my mind but it is a new radio and I am afraid of damaging it and don't relish buying a DX6i. These guys have bent over backwards for me and I don't want to abuse their friendship. All I want is my DX18 to perform as well as my 130X does and then I will be a happy camper.

Bob
Aug 12, 2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
That thought has enter my mind but it is a new radio and I am afraid of damaging it and don't relish buying a DX6i. These guys have bent over backwards for me and I don't want to abuse their friendship. All I want is my DX18 to perform as well as my 130X does and then I will be a happy camper.

Bob
Well, here's hoping HH turns your DX18 around quick.
Aug 12, 2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs
Well, here's hoping HH turns your DX18 around quick.
Thanks Jim, the UPS tracking shows it will be in their hands this Thursday with a five day average turn around and another five days return shipping.

Bob
Aug 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
Southern Pride

Tilting on spool up

Ran across this on Heli Freak , could be an interesting test for those having issues.

Quote:
unplug your motor and throttle up. If the gyro is mal-calibrated the servos will move on their own without stick iinput. Add trim/subtrim. Throttle down for more than 5 seconds to reset gyro then throttle up again until servos don't move on throttle up. It's just that simple.
Aug 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
< 250g FPV
I have made some progress on getting mine in the air without tipping over every time. I modified my NRM throttle curve to come up to speed sooner and just pop up quickly now. Comes straight up and stable all the way.
Aug 13, 2012, 04:23 AM
REYNALDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus
I picked up a 130x at a HS while I was in Denver this past weekend. I got home Sunday and bound it to my JR9503 following the Dx7/Dx8 settings and charged the battery. I went to test it last night in the garage and before it reaches spool up speed, it tips over to the right without any cyclic input. I looked at the swash movement while TH is engaged and the swash is starting level and mid-stick and stays level through the whole pitch range, but when I spooled it up in NORM the swash starts tilting and pegs out to the right. No wonder it tilts over. Do I have a bad board? I initialize it sitting level and do not move it.
you have to reverse one of the servo
Aug 13, 2012, 05:03 AM
Beating air into submission!
Cactus make sure the swash plate and the head is moving in the correct directions for elevator and Ailreons. If these are ok check pitch and throttle curves on the radio to make sure you have everything as per the manual.

If you are happy that all the settings are good you should be able to spool up to 40% power and heli should be stable on the ground with no vibration. Then go for it, just pop it up about a metre (yard, for the metrically impaired), should just jump up into a stable hover.
Last edited by GrahamWilson; Aug 13, 2012 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Fix some very bad auto correct by ipad
Aug 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
Southern Pride
Seems like you missed his last post which was 4 -1/2 hours prior to your's.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4028

Charles
Aug 13, 2012, 09:40 AM
Suspended Account
Got my Rakon pitch slider installed yesterday. Wow, those pins are tiny and one shot off into hyperspace from my hemostats. Thankfully, the stock pitch link pins fit.
Aug 13, 2012, 11:03 AM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
As Charles noted - there are a number of packs that easily outperform the stock pack.

So far, the best-performing pack for this bird is the TP 325 mAh 65c pack. It easily outperforms the others during aggressive maneuvers. In fact, the TP 325 65c packs even outperform the Hyperion 450 25c packs. However, the factory TP packs use the red JST two-pin power connector, rather than the JST PH 3-pin 'UMX' connector that's used on the 130X & the 2s UMX planes. If you're looking for top performance, you can either swap connectors or buy direct-fit TP 325 packs from RCBabbel. The TP packs are also rated for up to 12c charging. TP claims that they're good for up to 600 cycles before they fade away. 600 cycles seems rather optimistic to me - but even if they only last half that long (which is about what I get out of my Hyperion packs if I take good care of them), they're well-worth the price in my book.

Joel
I actually favor the hp450's over the TP325's. I have both and I find the 450's have more punch and longer flight times. That has been my experience.

J
Aug 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
Southern Pride
I haven't tried any of the Hyperion 450s but I have a couple of Glacier 450s and they tested great and I do like the way they perform. I can sense the extra weight but 130 X does not seem effected very much. It seems like the extra power more than makes up for the extra weight but then I am not into hard 3D flying either. With 300 to 370s I set timer at 4 min. and for 450s 5 min. Skids up to touch down is about 30 to 45 sec. addational and cells are at 3.75 or very clsoe after each flight. Forgot about the timer once after it had went off and flew a Glacier 6:15 and it was still at 3.60V per cell.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...91&postcount=7

I only have around 5 flights on each of the 450s since my heli was down for 4 days waiting on a replacement cyclic servo.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Aug 13, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Aug 13, 2012, 11:52 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
I haven't tried any of the Hyperion 450s but I have a couple of Glacier 450s and they tested great and I do like they way they perform. I can sense the extra weight but 130 X does not seem effected very much. It seems like the extra power more than makes up for the extra weight but then I am not into hard 3D flying either. With 300 to 370s I set timer at 4 min. and for 450s 5 min. Skids up to touch down is about 30 to 45 sec. addational and cells are at 3.75 or very clsoe after each flight. Forgot about the timer once after it had went off and flew a Glacier 6:15 and it was still at 3.60V per cell.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...91&postcount=7

I only have around 5 flights on each of the 450s since my heli was down for 4 days waiting on a replacement cyclic servo.

Charles
I also like the Glaciers but I DID seem to notice the extra weight a little. I mainly noticed it when flipping to inverted. It seemed like it took quite a bit more pitch to hold the hover. But once I got it stablized (within like 1 second... so not really a big deal just an observation) it was perfectly fine.

Quick Reply