Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:27 PM
racie34 is offline
Find More Posts by racie34
road wart
racie34's Avatar
thankyou
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:38 PM
Willyboy is offline
Find More Posts by Willyboy
Registered User
Willyboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Retirement is great! All I do is fly my heli's all day or do whatever I chose to do.
I guess we are both in the same boat. I will be married 42 years this October. Today my wife said my flight box was too small so she went into Big Five and bought me a tackle box that had triple trays on both sides when you open it and a huge bottom area for the big stuff. After transferring all my stuff form the old one, the new one looks empty. Guess I have to buy more helis to stuff it.

Bob
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:44 PM
steveap1 is offline
Find More Posts by steveap1
Registered User
And I thought I was too old to learn to be a rc pilot. You guys are making me feel young... I'm pushing 58.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:31 PM
J_skaggs is offline
Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I guess we are both in the same boat. I will be married 42 years this October. Today my wife said my flight box was too small so she went into Big Five and bought me a tackle box that had triple trays on both sides when you open it and a huge bottom area for the big stuff. After transferring all my stuff form the old one, the new one looks empty. Guess I have to buy more helis to stuff it.

Bob
Life is sweet with a good woman. Maybe she wants you to buy more heli's to fill the empty space. At least that's the way I would view it.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:34 PM
J_skaggs is offline
Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveap1 View Post
And I thought I was too old to learn to be a rc pilot. You guys are making me feel young... I'm pushing 58.
It's never too late. I will only stop playing with toys when they put me in the ground. It was either here or HF forum there is a man flying heli's from a wheel chair.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:39 PM
Willyboy is offline
Find More Posts by Willyboy
Registered User
Willyboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Life is sweet with a good woman. Maybe she wants you to buy more heli's to fill the empty space. At least that's the way I would view it.
+1 Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
It's never too late. I will only stop playing with toys when they put me in the ground. It was either here or HF forum there is a man flying heli's from a wheel chair.
+2 JIm
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:15 PM
GrahamWilson is offline
Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
Beating air into submission!
GrahamWilson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
It's never too late. I will only stop playing with toys when they put me in the ground. It was either here or HF forum there is a man flying heli's from a wheel chair.
Hey I am 58 and flying RC Helicopters, You are right its never too late. As long as you have a pulse you can still have some fun in your life.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:57 AM
turboparker is offline
Find More Posts by turboparker
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
It's never too late. I will only stop playing with toys when they put me in the ground. It was either here or HF forum there is a man flying heli's from a wheel chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson View Post
Hey I am 58 and flying RC Helicopters, You are right its never too late. As long as you have a pulse you can still have some fun in your life.
Agreed! I'm 56 & I just taught myself how to fly CP helis a couple of years ago. I am an avid hot-rodder & I love riding motorcycles. I usually cruise the local hot-rod hangouts on the weekends, and I take my car to the track on occasion. I still enjoy a good stoplight race. I'm also the audio engineer for a 7-piece jazz-rock band.

The way I see it - as long as the important parts are still working, you're only as 'old' as you let yourself be.

Joel
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:45 AM
minirotor is online now
Find More Posts by minirotor
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
It's never too late. I will only stop playing with toys when they put me in the ground. It was either here or HF forum there is a man flying heli's from a wheel chair.
One of the worlds best scale RC Heli builder and flyer, uses a wheel chair.

M
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:12 AM
Nighthawk74 is offline
Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Nighthawk74's Avatar
Does anyone have a link to HK or some other place they sell charge harness's for the 130 batt type?
I may make my own. What are the plugs called?

Thanks in advance
/NH74
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:37 AM
Willyboy is offline
Find More Posts by Willyboy
Registered User
Willyboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Does anyone have a link to HK or some other place they sell charge harness's for the 130 batt type?
I may make my own. What are the plugs called?

Thanks in advance
/NH74
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=348
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:47 AM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Does anyone have a link to HK or some other place they sell charge harness's for the 130 batt type?
I may make my own. What are the plugs called?

Thanks in advance
/NH74
I like these too... same idea as what Willyboy suggested. These just pack smaller. http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:09 AM
garryk is offline
Find More Posts by garryk
Corsair Captain
For the price, I like the individual protection the ParaBoard gives. Plus it's from Ohio and so am I. It probably works better than me though. LOL
Garry K.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:15 AM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
For the price, I like the individual protection the ParaBoard gives. Plus it's from Ohio and so am I. It probably works better than me though. LOL
Garry K.
"Individual protection"? I'm not familiar with that feature. Sounds interesting, though as parallel charging has always worried me, though I do it all the time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:57 AM
J_skaggs is offline
Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
One of the worlds best scale RC Heli builder and flyer, uses a wheel chair.

M
There you go.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New in the box E-Flite Taylorcraft ARF Kit plus High Performance E-Flite components Philscho Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 19, 2012 01:25 AM
For Sale E-Flite 300 32e SHP ****SOLD*** E-Flite still aviable tomtheman Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 28, 2012 09:01 PM
Sold E-flite 60A ESC w/ E-flite Brushless 1010kV Motor joshfneptune Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 05, 2012 09:18 PM
Discussion E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 ARF Kit and High Power E-Flite electrical components $300 Philscho Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 02, 2012 09:11 PM
Discussion E-Flite Su-26 and E-flite Extra 260 repair Joe Slow Crash Discussion 1 Sep 27, 2011 12:50 PM