Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by sertav
Suspended Account
Oh, and you'll need credits, too. They don't use $US on Caprica or in the BSG universe...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:40 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
I'm not going to buy one of these till I find a basket case for $80 but this thread is just too much fun to miss
And then, at that low, low price, you'll very likely need (or soon will) a new $85 AS3X board, servos, motor, etc...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by stablehover
At least I was able to get my 130's flying smoothly despite all this terminology that I just really do not understand.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
At least I was able to get my 130's flying smoothly despite all this terminology that I just really do not understand.
Cool. You want chocolate or vanilla for that herculean effort?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by stablehover
By the way I did some frackiing Sunday night right into my concrete driveway from about 20ft up. All I did was pop the D gear back in place and flew on.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
By the way I did some frackiing Sunday night right into my concrete driveway from about 20ft up. All I did was pop the D gear back in place and flew on.
Really? That's interesting. The D gear has nowhere to go...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by VArchT
SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
And then, at that low, low price, you'll very likely need (or soon will) a new $85 AS3X board, servos, motor, etc...
Nah, I'll find one with a good board, I can replace servos and everything else. I actually enjoy fixing helis as much as flying, it's a sickness, heh.

Find More Posts by liduno
Quote:
Really? That's interesting. The D gear has nowhere to go...
He is probably talking about the C gear, but the D gear can get pushed over the shoulder, causing the tail rotor shaft to stick out the left side of the tail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
Nah, I'll find one with a good board, I can replace servos and everything else. I actually enjoy fixing helis as much as flying, it's a sickness, heh.

I think a basket case would be a gamble on this heli, the parts add up quick.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:06 PM
I had 2 seconds left on my timer and clipped some palm fronds. Hope I didn't strip the C gear.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
Looks ok. Guess I will find out on the next battery.

I think I will mark the gear and the TT with a sharpie so I can tell at glance if the gear spins on the shaft.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
I think a basket case would be a gamble on this heli, the parts add up quick.
Now this on the other hand looks like a great deal. If the board is in fact the problem you could probably send it to HH, they would probably replace it for free.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1702751
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:28 PM
Suspended Account
I think he wants a "basket case" 130 X...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
He is probably talking about the C gear, but the D gear can get pushed over the shoulder, causing the tail rotor shaft to stick out the left side of the tail.
I thought that, too, but there'd be no "popping back in place" and immediately fly it again with that rounded out D gear D hole... Still, even if he meant the C gear, how does the C gear "pop out", yet immediately be flyable again? If his TT is that short and/or the boom pulled so far out that it can disengage from the C gear, then he's got much bigger problems than "popping it back in place".
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
I think he wants a "basket case" 130 X...
Ya I just thought it was great deal. Had I not sold all my mcpx's I would have bought it.