Apr 12, 2012, 04:16 PM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Urghhhh! Got mrs and baby katana... Do I need to get mr katana to complete the family?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2012, 04:18 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng
think its the right way to shorten the wings 1inch and increase the lenght.
looking forward to this machine.
Well Shaun designed it so we know it will be a great 3der. But to your point I'm thinking it will be a great iMAC and pattern type plane as well.
Apr 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Oh boy, I'm going to Toledo, can't wait to check it out!!
Apr 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
just heard EF stuff is 20% off
Apr 12, 2012, 05:58 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Kinda the wrong place for that post, eh?

...PA is also having a sale, put this in as cupon code:
Toledo0412
Apr 12, 2012, 05:58 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
just heard EF stuff is 20% off
And PA stuff is 10% off at the show
Apr 12, 2012, 06:14 PM
When will this be available in the UK? I'm so unbelievably excited! I love the fat fuse on that, makes it look meaty

So guys by looking at the pics this appears to be a push-pull system which is great! Pull-pull is nice but hard to get right so good to see the push-pull This plane also appears to have vortex generators at both the wingtips and the insides like the Addy X and Bandit! With that massive wing area, vortex generators, light weight and large size, my guess is that this plane will be SUPER stable. As for elevator stab and rudder stab, looks airfoiled to me which is great! Looking at the hinges, the ailerons look factory-done with hinges all inside similar to the Bandit! Canopy appears to strap on with magnets. There seems to be a carbon spinner which I assume is a PA one that will be an optional extra (could be the MX one). Servo arms also look like the optional ones you see on the Addy X and Extra MX. I wonder if these will be the same arms? Pics show coloured wheel pants but my guess is that carbon ones will be an optional extra (possibly same as the MX ones also) I also assume PA wing bags will be available! Lastly, I've manged to deduce that the undersides of the wings will likely be clear like the Bandit's so you can install the vortex generators easily and use a pin to open the slots on the non-clear top side! Prop looks wooden; my guess is the Vox 15x7 or 15x8 like the Extra MX iPA setup uses. I'll report back here if I can find anything else

Can this be run of one 6s 2200 or does it have to be two 3S packs? Thanks!
Last edited by RCPilot1234; Apr 12, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Apr 12, 2012, 06:54 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234
Can this be run of one 6s 2200 or does it have to be two 3S packs? Thanks!
Yep a friend of mine runs his Extra MX on single 6s packs no problems.
Apr 12, 2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze
Yep a friend of mine runs his Extra MX on single 6s packs no problems.
Awesome! May try some Thunder Power 45C G6 2250mAH packs
Apr 12, 2012, 07:15 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Without video
Never happened
Na'mean
Apr 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
Kinda the wrong place for that post, eh?

...PA is also having a sale, put this in as cupon code:
Toledo0412
i dont fly PA or EF so it doesnt matter to me
Apr 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evel Knievel
And PA stuff is 10% off at the show

And for Facebook friends
Apr 13, 2012, 03:53 AM
Newbie,3D Wannabe :)
Man! I was just going to pull the trigger on the Bandit ,Still have my purple Katana MD
And Now 57" Katana!! I want it Now~~!
When will the Tana Be Available For Sale From The Website?
Im assuming its being assembled as we speak in china and you guys are waiting on shippment well Im Hoping At Least
Apr 13, 2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
The New 57" KMX - our summer 2012 release
Come see it in person at the Toledo show this weekend! MORE UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS MORE INFO COMES!!!!

This plane is all about dedication to perfection – we have taken an already great design –the Katana MD – increased its size and then refined it to a point of absolute harmony in the air.
Naturally we did a lot more than just increasing the Katana MD size - The Katana MX features a complete new aerodynamic design with new custom made airfoils and while it is based on the Katana MD, it has been taken into a whole new level.
It is all about how it flies. After thousands of Katana MDs flown out there, there is no need to talk about what a great flying model it is. If you loved the Katana MD, we can say with certainty - you are going to fall in love again!
Being built using finest grade material, all cut by state-of-the-art laser and CNC machines and utilizing the new generation FiberFusion® building techniques, the KMX is incredibly lightweight and rigid.
Despite its wingspan being 1” smaller than the Extra MX, it is actually larger than the Extra MX and has a look and feel of a large plane at the flying field.