Apr 10, 2012, 11:47 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

First Quad some questions

I love my indoor heli so i want to build a small one i plan to source all the matteriels for this project from hobbyking as i don't want to have to program an adrino or mess with all that yet. i was wondering what you guys would suggest to make a palm sized (or slightly bigger) quad with nothing but hobbyking parts (i'm building the frame from CF or plexy)

so lets keep the budget around 100 no more than 200

help me out please.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2012, 03:53 AM
Suspended Account
Be much simplier and cheaper to buy a Blade mQX for what your looking to have.
Apr 11, 2012, 06:34 AM
Thread OP
i want to build it i just don't want to program it in all seriousness 6 to 12 in is fine i just need the right motor and controller combo and if in the 6in range what props
Apr 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
Quad lover.
You don't have to "program it". Look at nanowii, all you need to do is compile and upload. Simple as that.
Apr 11, 2012, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
can someone link me cause the hk system is basically plug and play
Apr 11, 2012, 01:45 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Here's a very nice micro quad with everything you need (except RX) for 144.00:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1596375

Plus you get excellent support from a guy that posts here daily. Or you can throw the dice and order stuff from HK, wait 6 weeks for it to arrive, discover that there are no instructions for anything and ask 10 zillion questions on here trying to figure it all out. Personally I'd go with a proven setup the first time and save the HK purchases for your 2nd or 3rd quad.
Apr 11, 2012, 09:49 PM
Thread OP
The only part that concerns me is the controller i can fab everything else myself the multiwii board does offer alot more than a kk board (which is what hobbyking sells) the only thing that concerns me is that the multiwii board is not assembled it requires soldering and flashing. where as a kk board i just assemble my frame and connect my controllers and rx power it up and away it goes.
Apr 12, 2012, 04:19 AM
Suspended Account
You can buy fully assembled multiwii boards such as the Quadrino and others.

Quick Reply