Apr 09, 2012, 09:37 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Component importance level, your input would be excellent!

Hey all,

Just wondering if I could get some input about the importance of components on a helicopter to you guys.

Lets say you have 25 points, how would you distribute them about these components. The numbers are ambiguous and subjective but please rate them to your judgement.

Servos (cyclic and tail):
Battery:
Motor + ESC:
Transmitter:
Gyro:
Charging station:

For example I would choose:

Servos: 5
Battery: 4
Motor + ESC: 3
Transmitter: 4
Gyro: 6
Charging station: 3
Total = 25 points

I'm just gathering data for a project I'm working on. Thanks for your inputs!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2012, 10:56 PM
Crash and learn
Servos (cyclic and tail):1
Battery:11
Motor + ESC:4
Transmitter:4
Gyro:4
Charging station:1
Apr 10, 2012, 12:59 AM
What about the receiver? Quite an important part in my mind
Apr 10, 2012, 01:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex2visuvesi
What about the receiver? Quite an important part in my mind
Transmitter and receiver area already combined as one, i didn't cover all important variables, because it's too hard to measure performance with those receivers.

Let me know what you think your variables are! thanks! =D
Apr 10, 2012, 02:33 PM
Without a good computer radio you're not going to get far; they are essentail to proper set up.
Servos (cyclic and tail): 3
Battery: 2
Motor + ESC: 2
Transmitter: 7
Gyro: 5
Charging station: 1
Apr 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
Airlady
Servos 9 various metal gear ones 3 high voltage ones
3 Batteries At least
Gyro Headlock 3
2 Transmitters
3 ESC's
3 motors
1 13 tooth gear
1 11 tooth gear
Apr 11, 2012, 11:17 AM
Rocket Programmer
What do you mean by "important" ?

Everything is equally important, but if you're going for performance for example, a better motor is probably most important. If you're going for reliability, it's about the radio and other electronics, including the battery. It's really hard to rank things without a point of reference. If you consider just the helicopter itself, the mechanics are the most important part, but super-smooth mechanics are worthless without reliable servos. It's all related and you can't consider parts in isolation.
Apr 11, 2012, 01:45 PM
It's all about the electronics and programming! ;>)

Alan KM6VV
Apr 11, 2012, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help for this info, it gives me an idea of which components people think are the most important.

thanks again!

Quick Reply