Apr 09, 2012, 05:07 PM
Cool

Eflite Super Cub 25e on floats-videos

Just wanted to share my maiden flight videos.
Raed

This one is a full flight
Chapter 4 (3 min 41 sec)

First takeoff
First takeoff (0 min 12 sec)

First Landing
First landing (0 min 53 sec)

Another landing with a taxi in
Landing attempt 3 (1 min 55 sec)

Another take off
Chapter 1.mpg(1) (0 min 19 sec)

A failed landing with partial flaps
Chapter 2.mpg(1) (0 min 22 sec)

Another bounce and go
Chapter 2.mpg(2) (0 min 20 sec)

I saved the best for last:
Chapter 2.mpg(3) (0 min 14 sec)

No comment !
Last edited by raed5; Apr 09, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2012, 05:53 PM
Raed-nice looking model!!
I really like the bounce landings-pilot needs a little prtactice!
Bill
Apr 09, 2012, 09:35 PM
I have always wanted to do a nitro conversion on this plane, looks nice.
Apr 10, 2012, 08:04 AM
I have one but have not put it on floats yet, I am waiting for HH-eflite to do the proper rigging for it.
Apr 10, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
I have one but have not put it on floats yet, I am waiting for HH-eflite to do the proper rigging for it.
Thats not a bad idea, I am using e-flite's 25 size float kit and had to make it fit. But now I am forced to re do it because I need to move the "step" back about 1/2 inch.
I am going to fabricate an Aluminum plate, mount the float frame to it, them mount the plate to the fuse. I've also ordered a set of Seaplanesupply 32" floats to save weight (about a pound!)
Raed
Apr 12, 2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raed5 View Post
Thats not a bad idea, I am using e-flite's 25 size float kit and had to make it fit. But now I am forced to re do it because I need to move the "step" back about 1/2 inch.
I am going to fabricate an Aluminum plate, mount the float frame to it, them mount the plate to the fuse. I've also ordered a set of Seaplanesupply 32" floats to save weight (about a pound!)
Raed

When you gat a chance can you post a few pics of the cub showing the rigging?
Apr 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
Will do.
Apr 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
I'd rather be flying
Nice plane! Adding some expo of around +25% on the elevator will maybe help with your landings. It will make it less twitchy to land. Have fun!
Apr 12, 2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
Nice plane! Adding some expo of around +25% on the elevator will maybe help with your landings. It will make it less twitchy to land. Have fun!
Great idea, I need to do the same with the ailerons, they are very sensitive.
Thanks
Apr 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Raed5,
I bit the bullet and installed the 25 floats on the super cub after hearing that the specific float for the super cub is in the future---not today. After bending the rear wire to get the right AoA to float and building a lite weight sub frame for the rigging to mount to it is done and it floats-----now to see if it will fly??? Maybe Saturday.
Apr 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
strawcuter
As for better landings. We have foung if we come in a little nose high so the tails of the floats touch first, we get very good landings. We fly on a 33 acre lake near Winchester, KY. I fly a Hobby Zone Super Cub and an Apprentice. A couple of guys fly larger Cubs, an LT-40 and a couple of Neptunes. We have found it to be most enjoyable.

Bob
Apr 15, 2012, 02:28 PM
I am waiting for a set floats from Seaplane supply that are much lighter than the Eflite, also I am going to make sure the step is aft of the CG. Despite my disappointment in my landing performance, I had a blast and can't wait to go out on the lake again.
Raed
Apr 28, 2012, 12:27 PM

New floats

I fabricated this aluminum plate to mount the floats more securely to the fuselage. The floats are almost done, I just need to put a couple more coats of polyurethane on the bottom and then paint the tops. so far one float weighs 5 oz, the other weighs 5.5 oz (plywood transome for water rudder), the E-flite floats were 12 oz each The new floats will move the step to about 3/4 aft of the CG .
Raed
Apr 30, 2012, 09:30 PM

New floats installed

Ready for action
May 01, 2012, 06:31 AM
I'd rather be flying
Looking VERY good!