Recommendations on a beginner electric boat - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 09, 2012, 11:33 AM
Discussion

Recommendations on a beginner electric boat

Newbie here, so SIAP. I'm looking to buy an electric boat for my dad as a bday present. He has a private lake behind his house that is shared with several neighbors. He wants something electric that will run for a reasonable amount of time before getting recharged.

Neither he nor I know anything about electric boats. Can you please help with some recommendations? The most we'd like to spend is around $130 (not including extra batteries and accessories). If there something available online that we can ship directly to him, that would be even better.

I live in Houston, he's in South Bend, if that helps. Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
IWC
IWC
http://www.harbormodels.com/site08/m...boat_page2.htm

Harbor Models recommended the Robbe Paula lll to me.
Apr 10, 2012, 06:00 PM
Tin Can Sailor
Check out the offerings from Aquacraft. The Bristol Bay is pretty nice at 33" long and 8" wide with a fiberglass hull. It is a little over your stated budget at about $180 (Tower hobbies). Aquacraft also offers some "beginner" speed boats. I would get something that offers replacement parts and that is able to be upgraded if desired. Happy sailing.
Apr 11, 2012, 05:33 AM
Thunder Tiger Kingfisher? If its still available.