Apr 07, 2012, 09:49 AM
Thread OP
Video

Phil Alvirez Videos

managed to get my son to film a few shorts early this morning near freezing. tried the diamante flat wing first. stable and maneurable, did loops and rolls with down input. next flew the dihedral version with further forward cg. i was expecting more stable flying but was not so. still have to understand why. next came the owl. nice flying even with a short couple. i flew the 2 cells snowstang, 20" 3d that has all the power in the world to do unlimited vertical. too wild for my son to catch up. also did the 24" 3d mustHang: extreme sensitive. full stunt. once landed on my son.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Apr 18, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2012, 08:50 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Very nice Phil

I see you still hard at it making planes

Bravo sir, bravo!
Apr 11, 2012, 09:14 AM
Thread OP

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Very nice Phil

I see you still hard at it making planes

Bravo sir, bravo!
thank you sir. videos are short, low resolution shots just to show something. and my cameraman is having a hard time taking them. he says the planes are too small and fast (and being white does not help either) for him to catch. also, sometimes i manage to land on him
i recall once you asking why my wings were so large: now the diamante is 16"-i hope that sounds better.
regards
Apr 12, 2012, 10:00 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
looks like they work well

still love the look of that snow owl

fantastic design

Quick Reply