Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 06, 2017, 03:44 AM
deleted
Last edited by Flycry; Apr 06, 2017 at 06:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2017, 02:31 AM
Flyin' Finn in eternal spin...

9XR for sale

I decided to sell mine, ad in RC Groups classifieds.
May 27, 2017, 09:07 PM
Aerodream

Help me..

My turnigy 9xr pro is not turning on. i tried to connect 2200 mah 5c 3s lipo. i charged it fully'
i checked circuit voltage, fuse , switch though those are good but its not turning on.
Please help me...
May 28, 2017, 03:20 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
If you a have a 9XR-PRO, you've posted on the wrong thread. This one is about the old 9XR.
There is a thread for the PRO here on RCG. Please post there as you will get more help.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-radio/page341

Joćo
May 28, 2017, 05:08 AM
Aerodream

Thanks

i posted there.
Nov 10, 2017, 07:08 AM

eprom memory

Hi

Is it possible to upgrade you eprom mem in a 9xr at all please? I only have a few models in my 9xr and it keeps saying eprom memory low I have taken some models off it but it still says its low I am wondering if I can upgrade it for more memory??
Nov 10, 2017, 08:14 AM
If you still have the stock firmware installed on the radio there is nothing you can do to save your models to a computer for example.
Hobbyking shipped the radio with a modified version of Er9x, and by doing that broke compability with Er9x and eepe, which is the tool to manage and edit the radio's eeprom on the PC. That means you would be able to save your models to the computer and load only the ones you need for the day to the radio.
But as I said, if you use the firmware the radio was shipped with, you cannot do it, and even if you install Er9x, you would have to re-program all your models because of the incompability made by hobbyking.
So, unfortunately there is not much you can do..

Joćo
Nov 10, 2017, 08:45 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
But the advantage in flashing full open er9x is well worth it ...

When I did mine - I have three 9xr's and two 9x's .... I wrote down all the settings - PITA - but what else can you do ? I thought about photographing each page ...

Then once flashed - I used the PC utility to write all the settings in - then transferred to the 9XR direct.

Once done - you have a permanent PC archive ... as you add models / alter - I then save with date and which Tx it is to PC ... so in event of having to re-install models - I have them all there. I can even swap them around the TX's and just have to bind RX to finalise.

Nigel
Nov 10, 2017, 01:09 PM
60 years of RC flying

Turnigy 9XR

Plus one on both those comments.
Yes, it’s too bad about the stupid decision of HobbyKing to not support saving to a computer. (Probably inadvertent, but it was totally unnecessary to mess around with a perfectly good piece of firmware.)
The answer is to do exactly as Nigel suggests and cut the losses ASAP. Bite the bullet, make notes on existing programming, install the latest version of ER9X and reprogram.
Or just buy yourself a 9XR Plus, update to the latest ERSky9x and copy models one by one to the new TX. Happily, the logic and settings of ERSky9x are essentially the same as those of ER9X (except for some more advanced features) so you won’t have any trouble adjusting.
Or buy a Taranis QX7, install ERSky9x and do the same.
Last edited by Daedalus66; Nov 10, 2017 at 01:16 PM.
Dec 22, 2017, 01:44 AM
So glad I finally found this thread! I wonder why more folks aren't using openTX. I have it on my 9xr and it is really, really nice. Is there a better option? Was panicked for a few days that OpenTX wouldn't see my 9XR on the usbasp but realized that Windows 10 readjusts my drivers every once in a while. Zadig converted WINUSB to libusb-win32 and I'm back to OpenTX joy. Hope that helps someone.
Dec 22, 2017, 04:25 AM
I know there are similarities .. er9x to openTX ... but having tried openTX ... I went back to er9x ... and then of course ersky9x - which to me has just about all I ever need and more.

One of the points is that openTX as I found out - was an offshoot from er9x ... having same foundation. Later it took the route of development for Taranis / FrSky ....
er9x stayed universal.

To anyone moving to an Open Source radio as these ... the best thing to do is to flash to latest FW BEFORE setting up any models ... that way no pain in rewriting model setups.

Nigel
Dec 22, 2017, 05:10 AM
OpenTX for radios with AVR processors like the 9x and 9XR, is as far as I know, not being developed anymore. So, recent features like multiprotocol support will be missing, and old bugs might not be fixed.

Er9x is still being developed for these radios.
I am for sure biased, but I find er9x and ersky9x much more user friendly than openTX, and still improving.
For example, new menus design that will allow the user to have a better view of the programming.
New easier way of navigating between menus..

Joćo
Dec 22, 2017, 06:23 AM
What are the latest FW for 9xr and 9x ? 9x with AR9x board as well ??

Nigel
Dec 22, 2017, 07:52 AM
Latest releases are in www.er9x.com
Latest features I have mentioned are still being tested. Tests verisons are in the openrcforums.com forum.

Joćo
Dec 22, 2017, 08:06 AM
60 years of RC flying

Turnigy 9XR

There are links to the test version thread on OpenRCForums in www.er9x.com.
The files for ErSky9x in most cases contain firmware for all relevant platforms, including AR9x.

Quick Reply